Weekend Rewind

So I was just about to post this evening and the Mr. needed me to sew some of his pants. He somehow got a hole in his crotch and those were the ones he has to wear tomorrow! Like he doesn't have 5 others pairs just like it. Right before the Hills started too. Perfect timing, hun. Oh well. He told me I was "such a good wife", so that made it worth it!
How was everyones weekend?? Ours was great! Friday night we did pizza and wine and then went to grab a dessert at Chili's (so good!). We had to go to the store later to get some fixins' for my chili I was going to make for Saturday game day! It's my mommas recipe and she has a secret ingredient...beer! Yumm-O! The Ags played early on Saturday so we had some of our faves over, the Rudy's and it was fabulous! The Aggies lost, but it was fun anyways. I wasn't feeling the best Sunday morning so we missed church. I was so bummed because they started a new series. We'll be there next week for sure! Work today was a little scary. First of all, I am a Landman (not very PC is it?) at an O&G company and we are having to make some cutbacks due to our client having to make some cutbacks. It's a little scary, even though I think I will be safe. So when I got home all I wanted was a little vino to take my mind off things and we drank our last bottle Friday night, of course!! So instead, we took Daisy on a 3 mile walk. Poor thing was panting so hard when we finished. She stopped several times during the walk in hopes that we would carry her the rest of the way home, ha! When we got back I made us breakfast for dinner.....our fave!
I wanted to thank everyone for their ideas for my MIL b-day. I had less time than I thought I would so I picked up some flowers, a gift card and mug from Starbucks and a card. She liked it! The Mr. is her "baby" (even though he's mid 20's) so he always seems to get more gratitude for the gifts I buy. So not fair!
Enjoy your week!

Lexy  – (October 20, 2008 at 9:58 PM)  

A chili recipe with beer in it -- I'm intrigued! I love making chili for Sunday game days and coming home from church with the house smelling fantastic! I would love to know what else you put in and how you make it!

Hollie  – (October 20, 2008 at 10:30 PM)  

My husband just asked me tonight to fix a whole in the crotch of his pants! I told him to just throw them away. ha! he didn't go for it.

Nette  – (October 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM)  

Daisy is adorable1 By the way, you've been tagged. Visit me if you want to participate. ;o)

LyndsAU  – (October 21, 2008 at 9:30 AM)  

i might just need that beer chili recipe :) perfect weather in GA for some chili :)
sounds like a great gift you bought! :)

Mojito Maven  – (October 21, 2008 at 9:47 AM)  

yes, please please post the chili recipe :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP