*CHILI*

I wanted to go ahead and post the chili recipe on here since a few of you had asked about it. It's so yummy and really easy! Here it is:
Momma's Chili

  • 1 pound of hamburger beef
  • 1 pound of sausage (I use the regular Jimmy Dean)
  • 2 Alarm Chili packet
  • 1 can of beer
  • 1 can of Original Rotel
  • 1 can of chopped green chile's - these aren't hot, so if you want heat, which I did, then add a can of chopped jalapenos.
  • 1 can of black beans
  • 1 can of pinto beans - you can also use the pinto beans with jalapenos
  • 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce

Brown 1 pound of ground beef and 1 pound of sausage, together or separate. If you want a lower fat recipe use ground Turkey instead. I don't have a pot big enough so I throw all of my ingredients in my crock pot after I've browned the meat and leave it on Low-Med heat. Then add the 2 Alarm chili seasoning mix. This has all of your seasonings in it. Don't add all of the red pepper pouch. Add half and taste it. It can get pretty spicy if you keep adding. I also didn't use any of the Masa flour pouch. After I added the seasoning, I add a can of beer. Then add the can of Rotel and chopped chilies (or jalapenos). Add both cans of beans. Then add the can of tomato sauce. I usually just add water as needed. You may or may not need to. If you add water, use the rinsed out can of tomato sauce, that way you don't have to dirty any more dishes :) If it looks too watery you can take a little of the sauce and mix with the Masa flour and stir that real good and add it back into the chili and it will thicken up. I left it in the crock pot for about 1-2 hours. Just enough to let all the seasonings set in and get warm.

Serve with cornbread or Frito's and cheese. Yumm!! It makes quite a bit so you can freeze it or have leftovers for the week. You can also make some chili dogs. Enjoy!

Charlie  – (October 21, 2008 at 4:33 PM)  

Chili is seriously one of my favorite meals EVER! What a cool reciepe...and with beer!? Never thought of that! Lulu and I must try it :) :)

Suz  – (October 22, 2008 at 3:40 PM)  

yummm. this sounds soo good. I will have to make chili for dinner tomorrow night!

Kari Beth  – (October 23, 2008 at 9:14 PM)  

This recipe looks amazing...I can't wait to try it out :)

Elizabeth  – (October 27, 2008 at 2:21 PM)  

Sounds delish! Can't wait to try it! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP