It's Monday....

I hope every one's weekend was great! We definitely had a busy weekend. Friday night we went out with 2 of our fave couples, Lauren & Ryan and Mark & Alison. We hit up "our" spot for dinner, El Tiempo, then headed to a bar to listen to some live music. So much fun! Here's a little pic from the night. It's not the best of the Mr., but he was refusing to cooperate for the camera so this is all we got. Did we really need the mustard in there with us??? Come on hun :)

Saturday was pretty eventful. I went to my parents house to babysit my little sister, G. She's 8.....pretty big gap, I know. She was a "surprise" to the fam. My sister and I were 16 and 17 when mom and dad broke the news. I'm not going to lie, I was a little shocked, errr angry at the time, but I LOVE this little girl soooo much! I can't imagine our family without her. She is the sweetest little thing ever! So back to Saturday. My older sister, C, and I took G to her softball game. What a fun family day. She did awesome! I was so proud of her. Picture this: bases loaded, G goes up to bat; my heart is racing and I'm thinking "please don't strike out", she swings at the first pitch and misses (aww) and second pitch she hits a line drive out to left field!! AWESOME! I don't think I've ever been so excited! She got 2 runs in (they tagged the last girl out) and the whole crowd was on their feet. So exciting. The cutest part was when she ran into the dugout, she started telling all of her friends about her to big sisters that came to watch her game. So precious! Here's a pic of her mid-swing:
Her team won the game! It was a close game, but they pulled through. We went back to the house and C, made some wonderful food and fixin's and we watched some football. Our family team (our whole family went there, g-parents, aunts, uncles, parents), OSU Cowboys were playing UT and it was such a good game even though they lost . It was so nice to spend some time with both of my sisters! I took G back to our house for a sleep over. She was so excited. We carved pumpkins and ordered Pizzia :) Here's some of her carving.

All in all it was a great weekend! My parents came to pick G up yesterday and we had a little cookout at the house. It was a beautiful afternoon and the weather was gorgeous. Perfect weekend!

Happy Monday to everyone! It's almost lunch time :)

Lauren  – (October 27, 2008 at 12:11 PM)  

Haha I forgot about the mustard :) Sounds like you guys had a good weekend - hope to see you soon!

Kari Beth  – (October 27, 2008 at 12:12 PM)  

Hmmm...so I'm noticing our commenalities (is that a word?):
-husbands, named Aaron, that do not like to cooperate when trying to take pictures
-brown hair
-doodles with two names...peached lou and daisy mae
Very Interesting! Glad I found you :)

Lindsey  – (October 27, 2008 at 12:32 PM)  

Sounds like a fab weekend! Love the pics.

Momma  – (October 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM)  

Hey Nicole!

Love the blog on the weekend. What a lucky little girl Gabby is to have such wonderful big sisters! She had such a good time and was so proud that you two were there at her game. And then to go back for a sleepover and carve pumpkins made the day a 10! Thanks again! Love you!

Megan  – (October 27, 2008 at 8:41 PM)  

Looks like you had a fun weekend. I love that you have a sister that much younger than you, I bet it is so fun!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (October 28, 2008 at 1:25 AM)  

How sweet to have some sister time! Great pics!

Hollie  – (October 29, 2008 at 9:27 PM)  

looks like fun!
and the mustard in the pic was my favorite part!

amy (metz) walker  – (October 30, 2008 at 3:27 PM)  

Gabby is SUCH a cutie! Can't imagine how it would have felt to be told at 16 that your mom is prego. First of all...that's a big change! Worst of all, that's confirmation that your parents are still "doing it"! AHAHAH!

Momma  – (October 30, 2008 at 8:55 PM)  

First off Nicole, this is not your momma. This is your dadda. Secondly, I didn't realize you were so mad when we told you that your momma was "prego" with "G". I know that must have been gross at the time but it was invitro - trust me on this one. Since I'm about to reach the half-century mark I thought I would do my first blog remark, if for no other reason than to say I've done it.
Seriously though, you are a wonderful daughter and your mom and I are truly blessed to have you as a part of our lives. We cherish the special and unique relationship you have with your little sis, who adores you and Chels. We thank God for your smile and loving personality. We are proud of you and Aaron and wish you nothing but the best. Love,
Dad
ps-GO POKES

Momma  – (October 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM)  

This is G....I love the picture of me carving pumpkins. It's so cute. Can't wait to see you tomorrow night. I'm going to be Sharpay!! Love, G

Girl Meets Beau  – (October 31, 2008 at 8:46 AM)  

LOL, oh Dad!! You crack me up :) I wasn't mad...I was shocked! And invitro?? Ha you wish! I think you were just as surprised as I was. HA

Texas AMC  – (October 31, 2008 at 1:41 PM)  

Haha I love that your momma, dadda and G have all commented! You guys are such a fun fam!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP