Any Ideas??


So, I just found out this morning via Beau, via his dad, that it's his moms b-day today!! CRAP. I mean if his dad is going to call and remind us, couldn't he have at least done it yesterday so I would have time to figure out what to get her???? Ugh! Now I know as a daughter-in-law I should have remembered this occasion, and to be honest I do every single year, but I must be off this year b/c I completely forgot. I quickly sent her an email this morning, acting as if I had never forgotten about it. It's much easier to play this kind of thing off in an email :) Beau says "just get her a card." Now ladies, we all know that yes, cards are nice, but most of us would like to have something to open after we read our sweet card, right? Birthdays are a big deal and everyone wants to feel special no matter how old you are! This is where you all come in. Anyone have any ideas for a mid 50's mother-in-law gift? Or is a card really good enough? I don't have time to order a cake either.

Unknown  – (October 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM)  

Maybe you could run into a gift shop and get some cute stationary...that would be fast and easy! I know it's not very creative though. :) Let us know what you decide!

Blue-Eyed Bride  – (October 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM)  

my in-laws just built a new media room and my MIL loves chick flicks. i bought her a HUGE collection of chick flicks-- legally blonde, stepmom, my best friend's wedding.... about 10 more. you don't have to do that many. i just found a great sale. she was beyond excited!

Lauren  – (October 15, 2008 at 2:45 PM)  

I know this isn't creative but you could always pick up some flowers. Flowers always make me feel special!

Mojito Maven  – (October 15, 2008 at 3:46 PM)  

i really like BEB's idea...flowers are always a safe bet too...you could put them in a beautiful vase :)

amy (metz) walker  – (October 15, 2008 at 3:50 PM)  

Uh oh! Flowers and stationary are always safe bets! I agree that your FIL could've given you more notice than the day of! I have a calendar for my husband's family birthdays b/c he always forgets and I feel like it makes ME look bad! They expect it from him! ha!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD"  – (October 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM)  

in response to your post on my blog, i have not heard of Hautelook. cuold you email me an invite - preppylittledress @ gmail dot com. thanks!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (October 19, 2008 at 6:28 PM)  

We do that way too much with his parents too! I agree with the other gals, I was thinking a cute movie (we got for hubby's mom last year), or if you're running low on time, definitely flowers or stationary :)

Tara Gibson  – (October 20, 2008 at 3:20 PM)  

how did everything go? What did you end up getting? : )

Angela  – (October 20, 2008 at 4:37 PM)  

card for sure, what about some flowers or a nice scarf... clothing is so personal.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP