Where to start

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! The weather was perfect here, a little windy, but so pretty. We had an extremely busy weekend. I had high hopes for lounging around, cleaning and meeting some friends at a crawfish boil, but those plans were squashed when Beau said "Do you want to go look for cars this weekend?" Meh, not really....

First off, I want to give you all a 30 day shred update. You know, I have watched the Biggest Loser and I LOVE it, to the point of obsession. I have always thought Jillian was awesome. She has amazing abs and her arms are incredible! Well, I guess you could say that my girl crush fizzled out completely after her stupid work out!! Not to say it wasn't awesome (believe me, it kicked my butt) but I got so angry because I was in pain. You can only squat and raise your arms above your head with 5-10 lb weights so many times Jillian! And when you say "a couple more" I'm thinking you mean a couple more, not 6 more!! I don't usually swear, but this video made me yell all sorts of bad things at my TV. And this is just level 1 people! I thought I could handle this since I normally work out 4-6 times a week. I keep repeating "no pain no gain!" I'm pretty sure that if I'm that soar and in pain while doing it I must really be working some muscles. I did a little research on this video and there are success stories everywhere! The before and after pics are pretty incredible, so I'm sticking to it. It's been 4 days so far and I'm starting to get the hang of it now! Oh and this swimsuit came in the mail so I am that much more motivated now. I have to say it fits amazingly and I will be ordering more suits from them in the future!

Next, I wanted to celebrate with you all our exciting new purchase over the weekend! Beau got a new truck!! We could not be more excited! We spent Friday night looking and haggling with sales-men and then all day Saturday (11:30-6:30) doing the same. I think car buying was definitely more painful than Jillian's workout! I have never done this before and I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon. I had no idea I had it in me to be so mean to someone I didn't even know! I guess they bring out the worst in you. I got pretty heated at times (lack of food makes me very cranky) as did Beau, but overall he was pretty calm. I'm the worrier, the one doing numbers in my head to make sure it will all work out. In the end it did! Backstory:We each had cars that were 2 doors. Mine had a backseat, his old truck didn't. Basically they were on the small side. Well, now we have a 4 door truck that seats 6 (5 comfortably:)) It was a little hard to get rid of his old truck though. His grandma had bought it for him in high school before he graduated so it definitely had some sentimental value to it. As you can see from the pics though, we were all smiles when it was all said and done!


And last, Miss Daisy got groomed on Saturday. They tried and tried to get her mats out without having to shave her, but after working on her for hours - she was there from 10:30-7 - they had to go ahead and shave her down. She has about a 1/2" of hair left on her little body. Poor doodle! I do have to say that I think she looks mighty cute. Maybe I'm just getting used it?? I'll do a before and after pic when I get some of her new cut. You have to promise you won't laugh though :)

Happy Monday!

d.a.r.  – (April 6, 2009 at 2:20 PM)  

Wow you did have a busy weekend!!! I have a mad obsession with Biggest Loser too...

Lynsey  – (April 6, 2009 at 2:22 PM)  

I have a mild obsession with Biggest Loser too! And like you, I wanted to throw something at Jillian if she said "just a couple more" during the 30 day Shred DVD. It's a killer!

Lauren  – (April 6, 2009 at 2:23 PM)  

Hmm maybe I need to try this 30 day Shred thing...

Yay for the new truck - I can't wait to see it!

Mandy Rose  – (April 6, 2009 at 2:23 PM)  

Great new truck!! You have been a busy bee!! Your making me feel like I should be at the gym right now. :)

Mandy @ http://houseofroseblog.com

Milltini  – (April 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM)  

Ok, you have finally convinced me. I am going to pick up Jillian's 30 day shred tonight. I've been waffling, but I'm going for it. I need my butt kicked into gear!

Unknown  – (April 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM)  

Wow! Keep up the work with the Shred. Hear it's tougher than boot camp! The new truck looks fun :)

Unknown  – (April 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM)  

I love the color of the new truck!!! Keep us posted on the workout routine too, it will get easier as you do it more...you can do it!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (April 6, 2009 at 2:56 PM)  

we really like biggest loser too! awesome job doing the shred, i'm so going to have to try it after the baby! congrats on the new truck, so exciting=)

yours truly...  – (April 6, 2009 at 3:15 PM)  

I yell all sorts of bad things at the TV all time. Well, actually, I yell all sorts of bad things at all sorts of things all the time!! hahaha!!

YAY for new trucks and CUTE new bathing suits!!!!!!

Dollface  – (April 6, 2009 at 3:24 PM)  

wow... new truck!! good for you... love the orange and green combo and the fact that its warm enough for shorts, yay!! xoxo

Megan  – (April 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM)  

You had me laughing when you were talking about that workout video. I dont think I could even try and do it. I would probably last 2 minutes!

In This Wonderful Life  – (April 6, 2009 at 3:58 PM)  

your shred update made me laugh!! but I really need to stop laughing and try!!!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (April 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM)  

Is that an F-150 Lariat? That's what we just bought! Congrats on the purchase, it can be hell buying a car.

About the puppy photos, I'm sure she's cute, but I can't promise not to laugh! ;)

Danielle Moss  – (April 6, 2009 at 7:02 PM)  

Congrats on the new truck! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Lisa  – (April 6, 2009 at 8:54 PM)  

HAHA, I love your workout update. I hope after 30 days you tell us you just can't live without it and then I will be forced to purchase and start it myself.
Oh and Congrats on the new wheels. Hubby has the same truck but black and we both love it! Isn't the sound system crazy for a truck? I love it! I do love that color too, is that little bling tent??

B  – (April 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM)  

I think you are scaring me away from the 30 Day Shred! I have it sitting next to our TV right now and I'm too lazy to try it out!

Darci White  – (April 6, 2009 at 10:10 PM)  

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously - the 30 day shred is a freakin' killer!

i've only done it twice so far and have been miserably sore each time.

by the way, i just have to tell you that at 1st glance, i thought that you were only wearing the green cardigan in those photos (without a shirt underneath).....i was like, wow, i guess she likes to show some skin! then i looked at it a little closer. very funny!

poor daisy - she was at the groomer all day (maybe in her mind it was like a spa day?)??

Jane  – (April 7, 2009 at 12:18 AM)  

Busy busy weekend! How fun that you get a new truck!

Lucky in Love  – (April 7, 2009 at 8:44 AM)  

That truck looks awesome! Congrats!

I'm doing the Shred as well...and I always get super pissed when she says a couple more times...and then does a bunch. What a liar...

Ashley Paige  – (April 7, 2009 at 9:59 AM)  

Just wanted to say, Hi! Came over from Life at The White House and am looking forward to reading more! Hubs and I are just beginning the Great Car Hunt and needless to say, I am NOT looking forward to it! Ahhh!!! Looove the truck, though! (I've secretly always wanted a pick-up truck!)

Emily  – (April 7, 2009 at 10:27 AM)  

I have done jillians making the cut workouts and LOVE them.. I cant right now bec of the bun in the oven but will after baby.. because a lot of the workouts I can do from home:) LOVe the new truck.. ryan wants a new truck and we are going to get him one very soon:)and ps.. you looed super cute shopping!!

Q, La, and Gooner  – (April 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM)  

Your blog... fabulous! So glad I stopped by!-La.

Sweet Simplicity  – (April 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM)  

Nice new truck! I want to see pics of poor Daisy! I promise I won't laugh at her. Well, I promise I won't laugh meanly at her. It will be a loving laugh! ;)

LyndsAU  – (April 7, 2009 at 11:54 AM)  

I love the new truck :) NICE!
I can't wait to try the shred!! It should be here any day now! :)

Summer Athena  – (April 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM)  

love the blog. love the new truck! so glad i found you!

Darci White  – (April 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM)  

so, do tell - how've you been doing on the 30 day shred?

i'll be totally honest. haven't done it once this week. YIKES. i suck at commiting to things i hate.

make me be better?!!? ha!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP