Get down tonight!

Just one of the many songs that I remember dancing to this weekend!

Wow! What a weekend we had!! We were in the big D for Alison and Mark's wedding and it couldn't have been a more perfect weekend. I'll try not to make this too long since I have a lot of pics for you all. I'm going to try to re-cap the weekend. After we got in town on Friday we headed to Ali's parents house for a champagne toast before heading to rehearsal. They served up snacks, sangria, and of course, champagne. It was a nice start to the weekends festivities! When rehearsal was over we headed to the Iron Cactus to eat. They had the room decorated so cute! Everything looked awesome!! The food was delicious and the margs kept coming! We decided to go out, sans the bride and groom (they needed their rest), after dinner but I chose to leave some of those pics out ;) We had some interesting times!

Saturday Lauren and I headed back to Ali's house so we could all ride together to get pretty. I love having my hair/makeup done! I can do my makeup pretty good, but I'm worthless with my hair. The shots below in the salon are of Lauren, Ali and me and then Ali and her 2 sisters. Aren't the all gorgeous?!? After getting our hair did, we went back to the house and had a luncheon there. I don't think we went an hour without eating something. Her mom even brought some amazing dip/crackers to the salon while we were primping! We headed to the church after a late lunch and got all dressed and ready for the ceremony!! It was such a beautiful wedding and, of course, I cried. It's hard not to when you see the groom tearing up! So sweet. We made our way back to downtown Dallas and had the reception at the Empire room. Ohmigosh this place was AMAZING! Her flowers were some of the prettiest arrangements I've ever seen. The food was out of this world and the band was insane! I think I set out to one, maybe two songs. Lauren and I once again rocked the dance floor. We weren't about to give up our title to anyone :) Our boys were out there with us too. SO MUCH FUN! When we got back to our room around 2, Beau and I were pretty exhausted as you can see in the last 2 pics. We stayed up chatting about how amazing everything was. Our little heads didn't hit the pillows until 3! I'm running on low sleep right now but it was all so worth it. Ali and Mark headed out Sunday morning at 6am (eek!) to St. Lucia! A tiny bit jealous.....I can't wait to see the bronzed bride and groom when they get back from lounging on the beach for a week!












Sorry! I said it wouldn't be a long post and it kind of was.....

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Can't wait to catch up on your blogs!! Oh and I know a few of you asked about the enchilada recipe so I will get to that this week, I promise! It's so easy you could do it in your sleep.

Lauren  – (April 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM)  

Love the post and the pictures! We definitely rocked the dance floor and I'm looking forward to doing the same at the next fiesta in two weeks!

yours truly...  – (April 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM)  

Iron Cactus is my FAVORITE!!! I've spent many a nights on their outdoor patio!! :)

So glad you had a blast, the pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

Lindsey  – (April 27, 2009 at 4:48 PM)  

Glad you had a great weekend. The pics are great!!

Leslee  – (April 27, 2009 at 5:00 PM)  

Great pics! Looks like yall had a lot of fun! :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (April 27, 2009 at 5:15 PM)  

fun and gorgeous pics! so glad you guys and everyone had such a great time! weddings are so much fun!

Lisa  – (April 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM)  

Looks like fun!!! You looked gorgeous!

The wife  – (April 27, 2009 at 6:42 PM)  

Love the pictures! Looks like a lot of fun.

Can't wait for the recipe!

B  – (April 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM)  

sounds like you had a great time!

Rachel  – (April 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM)  

Cute pics!! Yall always look like you have a great time!

d.a.r.  – (April 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM)  

Sounds like a great weekend, and you look stunning!!

Unknown  – (April 28, 2009 at 7:31 AM)  

you look BEAUTIFUL!!!

and the girl doing the makeup looks a LOT like Beyonce. hahaha

those bridesmaids dresses are sooo great! definitely re-wearable!! fun fun. i love weddings.

Hailey HRH  – (April 28, 2009 at 8:44 AM)  

what a beautiful bride! and those bridesmaids dresses are great too. you can def wear that again! lucky :)

Lucky in Love  – (April 28, 2009 at 9:12 AM)  

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Your dress is awesome...I love the color. And the bride's dress is gorgeous!!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (April 28, 2009 at 9:24 AM)  

Looks like you guys had a blast! And that color dress looks so good on you!

Emily  – (April 28, 2009 at 10:50 AM)  

I love the pink bridesmaid dresses! so stinking adorable!! Love them!! u looked soo cute:) and the lil bride and groom pinatas are adorable:) looks like a wonderful weekend:)

Unknown  – (April 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM)  

What fun! Glad you had such a great time.

Chelsea  – (April 28, 2009 at 8:05 PM)  

I'm borrowing that green dress! SO hot! And, you are quite the dancer, I had no idea...

Chelsea  – (April 28, 2009 at 11:14 PM)  

pretty sure that's Beyonce doing Alison's makeup?!?!

Darci White  – (May 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM)  

great pics!!! looks like y'all had a blast! you and your hubby are so dang cute together.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP