It's our anniversary!

Today is our 1 year anniversary!! One year ago today I was on cloud nine knowing that I was marrying my best friend. I still remember the excitement of the entire day. All of my favorite ladies in one room. Feeling so blessed to be surrounded by so many incredible women that cared so much about me. When every one's dress was zipped and makeup on, they all left to go line up for the ceremony. It was just my sister and I standing on the front porch of the little cottage. She gave me a pep talk and made me laugh. She knows how to make me calm! Then they came and picked her up and I was all alone. Left to ponder my thoughts and then the butterflies hit! My dad came with the wedding coordinator to pick me up in a golf cart so we could ride up together before making our altar walk. All the nerves melted away when I locked my arm in with my dads. I knew I was about to lay eyes on my future husband and I was so excited to see him. The ceremony seemed like a blur. What I do remember are the vows and how I couldn't take my eyes off of Beau. He looked so perfect in his tux. His hair was done just the right way and his skin looked so smooth. I stood there listening to him say his vows to me. I smiled the whole time. It was so pure, so sincere. Then it was my turn. I started off strong, "I, Nicole" and then my emotions got the best of me and I could barely hold it together. The words from the Bible are so precious. I couldn't just stand up there repeating what my pastor was saying as if it was just another day. These are the words that would change my life forever. Words that would shape my marriage. It's a commitment to one another but more importantly to God. It all just came over me. It was the most exciting words to hear when my pastor announced us "Mr. and Mrs. Aaron ....!" I remember feeling light as air as we made our walk down the aisle, hand in hand as husband and wife.


The reception was perfect! The weather was so amazing that night. We had our ceremony in a courtyard of a Spanish style villa and the reception was also outside. Dancing under the stars! As soon as it began it was a whirlwind and before we knew it we were dancing our last dance, "It's a long way to Mexico" by Roger Creager. Our honeymoon was in Mexico so it felt like a fitting song :)

I'll leave you all with several pics of our special day. Enjoy and I hope everyone is having a very Happy Easter!

loved my flowers
the ladies
the guys
me and my lil sismom and dad above - dad below
i told you i couldn't keep it together....
so happy!
first dancecake!showing off our dance moves ;)
last dance....

(photos by AshleyK)


It was an incredible day and it ended perfectly! I can't believe that was just a year ago. It brings back so many fun memories going through all of the pictures! I hope you enjoyed.

Jane  – (April 12, 2009 at 1:31 PM)  

Your wedding photos are just gorgeous!! Happy anniversary!

Mandy Rose  – (April 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM)  

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding pictures are amazing!!!

http://houseofroseblog.com

Lucky in Love  – (April 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM)  

Your ceremony was beautiful!!

Happy Anniversary!

Olde Town Style Guide  – (April 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM)  

I am so happy for you both! Congrats!!!

Kelli  – (April 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM)  

Your wedding pictures are fabulous! I love the flowers and dresses!! So pretty! Happy Anniversary!

Sweet Simplicity  – (April 13, 2009 at 9:39 AM)  

Happy Anniversary! You had a gorgeous wedding!

Milltini  – (April 13, 2009 at 11:37 AM)  

Happy Anniversary! Looks like it was a gorgeous start to married life ;-)

Lauren  – (April 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM)  

I'm so glad I was able to be with you guys on your wedding day and I wish you many more years of happiness. Come back soon so I can hear how your weekend went!

Lindsey  – (April 13, 2009 at 11:46 AM)  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! What a gorgeous bride you were!

Tara Gibson  – (April 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM)  

happy anniversary girl! the pictures are beautiful!

Hailey HRH  – (April 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM)  

absolutely gorgeous pics! i hope mine turn out to be that great!

happy anniversary!

The Blonde Duck  – (April 14, 2009 at 3:13 PM)  

Happy Anniversary! I love the bridesmaid dresses you chose. Everyone looks so happy!

Emily  – (April 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM)  

happy late anniv! What a beautiful wedding you had! Ur dress is gorgeous and how cute are your pictures:) Yahoo my friend:) Congrats

SouthernBelleJM  – (April 15, 2009 at 4:47 PM)  

I loved your bouquet! That is something that I would pick out for myself=) That is, if I EVER get married. Ha!

jlc  – (April 26, 2009 at 6:58 PM)  

Omg I simply love your bouquets!!

Gorgeous photos! All of them!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP