Oh Austin, how I love thee

We had a fabulous time in Austin! We spent the weekend at the Barton Creek Resort up in the hills. It was incredible! I didn't want to leave :( When we first checked in we walked up to our room and it was perfect! A coworker of mine has a side travel-agent biz, so he scored us a few upgrades for free!! Our room had a freaking fireplace in it?? Oh and after we had settled in, we heard a knock on the door. We figured it was our luggage, but no, it was a nice man bringing us up some wine. I was officially in love from that moment on. Wine is most certainly the way to my heart! Friday night agenda: Mexican food, plenty of margaritas and queso! Oh it was lovely!

enjoying our winebefore margs...
after too many margs...

We did a little hiking/walking around the grounds on Saturday - Beau's birthday! The weather was no bueno, but we made the best of it! I didn't realize we were going to be encountering so many slippery rocks on our adventure. I nearly ate it about 300 times. Beau had to walk in front of me and ease me down several times. I also wasn't wearing the most appropriate walking shoes for the day. We spent the rest of the afternoon hopping from the hot tub to the bar. We polished off a few brewski's and played some shuffle board. Touchy subject - I was up on the best out of 5 game but mr. cocky couldn't handle his woman beating him so we had to play 7 games and I lost it. I think the Aqua Tea had something to do with it. I also found out that some liquors make me angry. Not a side I'm wanting to showcase in the future.....

our "heart" rockwe did a little name carving in the wood
the not-so-good shoes we wore
Beau's birthday dinner!

Sunday was our anniversary and it was a beautiful day! We went and had a delicious Easter breakfast and then had an incredible couples massage. Aaah it was so relaxing! We spent the rest of the afternoon laying out by the pool. Not a cloud in the sky! Of course my little Irish man got scorched. He likes to say that he's "golden" even though he looks like a lobster. We went back up to the room and opened presents...well I did. I had ordered something for Beau and it didn't come in on time :( I opened my sweet card and then my gift and it was a new Bible with my new last name on it! Such a sweet gift. I'll love it forever! We ended our anniversary with a dinner at Ruth's Chris. Best steak I've ever eaten, hands down!

Going out to RC's

All in all it was a perfect weekend! We had a blast and I think we might make this little spot "our spot" for quick getaways. I LOVE Austin! And I never thought Beau would be too thrilled with it since he's an Aggie and all, but he loved it too!! OH and guess what, his company just so happens to have an office there..what what - imjustsayin ;)

beautiful view on the ride home
we ate our wedding cake a day late! whoops :)
we had our cake lady re-make our topper since ours
got ruined from the hurricane


Sorry for the picture overload! I took about 600 the entire weekend, so this is just a mere glimpse of what I had taken. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! Thank you all for the sweet comments on my last posts! Beau loved all the birthday wishes :)

Lauren  – (April 15, 2009 at 4:12 PM)  

What a great way to celebrate your 1st anniversary! You guys look so cute, happy and in love in all your pictures! By the way, LOVE the ones of you two jumping on the bed :)

Milltini  – (April 15, 2009 at 4:14 PM)  

mmmmmm, i heart Austin as well. and I LOVE the pics after too many margs ;-)

Dollface  – (April 15, 2009 at 4:27 PM)  

wow... love the heart rock photo.. did you take these all yourself! xxxooo

Miss Sweet Tea  – (April 15, 2009 at 4:37 PM)  

Ooh I love the green dress! Looks like a fun time :)

Lisa  – (April 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM)  

that is too cute! I love your green dress BTW. Very adorable! And I love you and Hubby jumping on the bed. Looks like you two had a blast! Happy Anny!

Sara  – (April 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM)  

We LOVE Austin and my hubby's an Aggie too! I could so easily live there. Looks like you had a fun weekend, I'm going to make note of the hotel.

Summer Athena  – (April 15, 2009 at 5:26 PM)  

love the after pics!!!! love love love them!

Lucky in Love  – (April 15, 2009 at 6:56 PM)  

It looks like you two had just a fabulous time!! What a beautiful room!

I went to RC last Christmas for an annual Christmas dinner with my two BFFs...it was simply divine!

Mrs. Nurse  – (April 15, 2009 at 7:36 PM)  

It looks like you two had a wonderful anniversary trip :). I love your black dress!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (April 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM)  

sounds like such a fun weekend! i love all your pictures, you look so cute!

yours truly...  – (April 16, 2009 at 7:52 AM)  

LOOOOOOOOOOVE the pictures!! Girl, you are gorgeous!!

Barton Creek and Ruths Chris...I would be in HEAVEN!! Two of the best places in TX in my opinion!! LOL!

About your comment..I wish I was building a house...I just do it for a living!

LyndsAU  – (April 16, 2009 at 9:22 AM)  

sounds like your trip was great :) i am so glad! :) i love your Bible! What a great gift idea :) So sweet of him!
You look great in the pics :) Love the jumping on the bed :)

LawGirl  – (April 16, 2009 at 11:07 AM)  

I came across your blog and am excited to become a regular reader! I hope you'll check out my new blog.

I am curious, where is that green dress from you're wearing in one of your pictures? I love it!

Kari Beth  – (April 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM)  

Happy Anniversary (a few days late)!!!!

Love the pictures...especially the "after margs" one :)

Megan  – (April 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM)  

You always look so beautiful and put together in every picture! I LOVE every outfit in these pictures. Espeically that first dress! Looks like you guys had a great time! So happy for you! And I love that white bible! So stylish!

Danielle Moss  – (April 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM)  

I love all these photos. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Happy Anniversary!!

Just Me  – (April 17, 2009 at 3:52 PM)  

You are so adorable! Thank you for checking me out and following me...I can't wait to read up on all of your adventures!

it is everlasting  – (May 5, 2009 at 9:16 AM)  

I have a friend of a friend that runs Barton Creek-- I'm so happy you liked it, she'll be thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience. Also, your wedding pics are gorgeous, I love your dress!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP