Peeved

Confession: I went to Potbelly's for lunch (amazingness!!) and picked up one of their 'big as your face' cookies and ate.the.whole.thing after my lunch. Sick out!! Seriously? What was I thinking? I'm going to be on my elliptical tonight for hours. Don't know why I felt the need to share that. I normally try to hide my disgusting eating habits! Ok onto my post....


There aren't many things that I allow to get under my skin, but lately I have noticed that I am becoming more irritable about certain things. For instance:

  • When I take my lunch at my desk as opposed to going out to lunch, I am still at lunch! Regardless of whether I'm here or not, if I am eating something, don't come hand me work to do or ask me to get something done before you take your lunch. And please, for the love of Pete, do NOT come talk to me the entire time I am eating. It's uncomfortable for me to sit here and stuff my face while you are sitting across watching me! I use my office lunches as time to catch up on my emails, blogs, etc... Not to chat about something I could care less about!
  • Since we're on the topic of food, I absolutely despise when I am on the phone with someone and they are eating! I can't stand the sound of chips crunching or smacking while we are in full blown conversation. I mean come on! Put the chips down and talk. Or if you are that hungry, we can talk later, right?? It makes me want to scream!! I can barely take the sound I hear when I am eating chips let alone hearing someone else through the phone.

  • Next, I tend to get annoyed when people message me and say "hello!" and then I say "hey, what's up?" and then nothing.......Hello! Where did you go?? If I'm not mistaken, you messaged me, not the other way around. Beau did this the other day and it was so irritating! Exact conversation:

Beau: 9:28am - hey there

Me: 9:28am - hey babe

Me: 9:35am - u know whats annoying...when someone msg's you and you msg back and they go away.....


Beau: 9:35am - oopps (yes, this is how he spells "oops")

Me: 9:35am - yeah, pet peeve numero tres!


Well enough about irritations! I am not a moody person, believe me :) I just thought I should get that off my chest. What are some of your pet peeves??


Did anyone end up pulling any pranks today for April Fools?? I sent Beau an email to his work and personal account saying (idea courtesy of my momma :)) "Congratulations" in the subject line and this in the body: You have just received the Conficker Worm Virus from browneyedgirlsemail. Now, most people would have known about this virus for a while since it's been all over the news, but Beau just heard about it this morning so I knew it would be fresh on his mind. Also, he left in such a hurry he had no idea it was April Fools day. I think he believed it even more because I told him that I got the same email from my co-worker and it must be going through every one's email contacts. He freaked out and started deleting all of his history and cookies and scanning his computer!! I finally called after about 5 minutes and told him it was a joke. I was cracking up the entire time! I'm just glad he didn't go to his IT department before I told him it was a joke....that could have been awkward! HA He actually laughed pretty hard and was impressed that I was able to get him. That never happens!


Have ya'll seen this kitty litter cake?? I'm pretty sure I would puke making this, but it would make a pretty funny joke!


Happy April Fools Day!!


d.a.r.  – (April 1, 2009 at 3:33 PM)  

Okay that cake is hilarious!! So gross :)

Mojito Maven  – (April 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM)  

Hilarious...yeah me + potbelly's chocolate shake = my ass getting bigger...how else do you think i gained so much weight?

Rachel  – (April 1, 2009 at 3:59 PM)  

Great prank and I think that cake looks so gross but would be so funny!!

PinkSass  – (April 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM)  

Oh my I love pot bellys! That cookie is so amazing!

Mandy Rose  – (April 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM)  

Oh thank you for making me laugh! You have no idea how much I needed that! :)

Mandy @ http://houseofroseblog.com

ps I always type in my url because your identity options don't have a choice of "name url". Just wanted to let you know why I do that. I am signed in under a gmail account that if you clicked my name...wouldn't even take you to my old blogspot blog. Didn't want you to think I was nutso for typing that everytime.

Emily  – (April 1, 2009 at 4:36 PM)  

that cake makes me want to puke:) ha! great prank bye the way:) and i hate when ppl message me and then go away! hate it!

With Love from New Orleans  – (April 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM)  

Ahh good prank and that cake.. ahh so gross!!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (April 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM)  

Pet peeves must be on people's minds today - I just blogged about one of my mine! I completely agree about all of yours! And nice April Fool's Day prank!

Darci White  – (April 1, 2009 at 7:30 PM)  

Potbelly's, oh Potbelly's, how I love thee. They know me by name at the one in Uptown Square near the Galleria.

;-)

And I get a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie (the big one) every time I eat there. Don't feel bad!

And I'm with you on the lunch thing - it's so rude when someone interupts while you are eating to ask a work question for 10 mins!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (April 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM)  

that cake is hilarious, and so gross! i am the same way with people eating =)

Lucky in Love  – (April 2, 2009 at 6:52 AM)  

I love Potbelly's! They had one at Purdue and I went tons...but I haven't been able to go because they are no where to be found in Cleveland!!

Your April Fools joke was too funny! And I've seen that Kitty Litter Cake before...Yuck! I don't think I could make that cake let alone eat it!

yours truly...  – (April 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM)  

Um yeah, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. That cake is so sick, but pretty hilarious too!

Dollface  – (April 2, 2009 at 10:31 AM)  

I just posted about pet peeves on Tuesday... read mine!! and haha the kitty litter cake, ewwww... whats really in there? actual poop? xoxo

Lindsey  – (April 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM)  

Good prank you pulled on him!!!

Mrs. Nurse  – (April 2, 2009 at 4:51 PM)  

My peeve is people cornering me when I first walk in before I have time to set my agenda for the day! The cake looks gross, ha. But a possible great trick :)

Kari Beth  – (April 3, 2009 at 10:31 AM)  

oh nicole...i have hundreds of pet peeves (but i'm kind of a moody person) so i won't even go into it!

my dad told my mom he lost his job and it was the saddest thing ever...my mom was so upset! i, however, am nice and didn't play any jokes :)

Jill  – (April 7, 2009 at 9:06 PM)  

you. are. hilarious.

i ate a jimmy john's cookie the size of my face and looked at the calories an hour later. 421. a fifth of my caloric intake. on one cookie!

and i'm with you on the lunch hours. i eat lunch at my desk and blog, shop, etc. what part of internet explorer being up and food in my hand do people not understand?

ok, nice to meet you! lol

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP