Large Marge.....

Hello ladies!! I can't believe it's Monday again. I am incredibly exhausted from the weekend I had, but it was sooo worth it! The girls and I headed up to Austin to celebrate bestie Alison's bachelorette party. We had a pretty low key night on Friday so we could save up all of our energy for Saturdays activities! Little did we know how much fun we were going to end up having :) We had booked a pontoon boat for Saturday afternoon and it just so happened to be freezing with winds up to 70 mph...not really, but it felt like it! We got on the boat and headed out to a cove to get out of the wind. As we were on our way out we came across a very large party boat. Large Marge was the name. At this point a couple of the ladies had to go to the bathroom and this boat just so happened to have 2! We hopped aboard to use their facilities and found out that this group was there for a bachelor party. We ended up hanging out the rest of the afternoon and had so much fun!! We thought we would be on our little pontoon boat bundled up for 4 hours painting our nails and reading magazines. Boy were we wrong! HA

After the boat ride we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our night on the town! We ate at Z Tejas (delicious) where we had Ali's lingerie party and then hit up the Belmont. We closed down the place!! I can't remember the last time I have stayed out that late. It was so much. Lauren and I showed off our amazing dance moves and I think we just might have been the best dancers that place had seen!! I don't think the Belmont will ever be the same. We danced for probably about 2 hours straight and I'm still feeling the pain today! Seriously, most amazing DJ ever!

All in all, we had an amazing weekend celebrating with Ali! There's so much more, but as one of the girls said "What happens on Large Marge, stays on Large Marge!" Kidding, Beau ;) I guess this is fitting since all of our boys went to Vegas......

Here are some pics of the weekend. I didn't get as many as I wanted since I was busy dancing the whole time. I guess that could be a good thing, ha!

First off, the Capital! I love me some culture :)
Stop laughing Lauren!
Boat ride out to the cove...it was a cold one!
You can't tell in this pic, but I was on 2 boats! Now, I thought
this was pretty cool until they started to spread....not cool!

Our girl, Ali, on stage at the Belmont with other brides!
It was definitely a weekend I won't ever forget! I had the best time and I can't wait to be there when Alison and Mark say "I do!" We are so excited for them!! Hope everyone else had a perfect weekend!

Lauren  – (March 30, 2009 at 3:42 PM)  

Heck yeah - we were definitely the best dancers out there!

Oh all the good memories that were made on the Large Marge - it's a weekend I won't forget!!

quite contrary  – (March 30, 2009 at 4:05 PM)  

sounds like a great time! that sucks it was so cold on the boat! cute pictures!

Lucky in Love  – (March 30, 2009 at 4:36 PM)  

Looks like you had a great time! What a fun party :)

Milltini  – (March 30, 2009 at 6:23 PM)  

Sounds like a fun weekend in Austin! Wasn't the weather perfect?

Rachel  – (March 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM)  

How fun!! Nothing better than a great Bachelorette party!!!

Unknown  – (March 30, 2009 at 9:24 PM)  

How cute! That boat merging actually sounds super fun!! You're adorable.

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (March 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM)  

wow! Sounds like a great weekend! And you still looked gorgeous despite the 70 MPH wind!

Dollface  – (March 31, 2009 at 9:43 AM)  

thats really fun to have your party on a boat!! very original.... looks like you had so much fun!! Large Marge , haha like Pee Wee Herman, xoxo

yours truly...  – (March 31, 2009 at 9:56 AM)  

Cute post!! Love the pictures, it sounds like you had SO much fun!!

The Blonde Duck  – (March 31, 2009 at 3:56 PM)  

It looks like so much fun! Austin is my hometown so those pics brought back memories!

jlc  – (March 31, 2009 at 8:50 PM)  

Ahhhh LOVE the capitol building!! That's where I took my bridal portraits!!


You guys are adorable!! Looks like a fun time!

Sweet Simplicity  – (April 1, 2009 at 9:46 AM)  

Large Marge--what a great boat name!! Looks like you all had a great time together!

Tara Gibson  – (April 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM)  

sounds like a great time! yall look cute in your pics!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP