Shrimp and Grits

Do you ever have those nights where you have no idea what to cook for dinner? Well that happened to me last night. I was just going to do another cereal or sandwich night, but I felt bad since we already did that all last week! My mom was always so creative with her dinners. She would pull all sorts of stuff out of the fridge and pantry and come up with the most amazing meals. Not me! Did I mention she has 2 refrigerators FULL of yummy food? I miss home! Well, I don't have that talent of "oh, I just threw it together" kind of meals yet, but I'm hoping it will come with time and lots of practice. I continued to look and look but found nothing. You see, we haven't been to the store in like 2 maybe 3 weeks. We are trying to cut back. Apparently food was the first thing on the list to go?? Not sure. You know it's time to hit up the local grocery store when you run out of t.p. and have to go for the next best thing, paper towels. This could also be a "you might be a redneck, if..." joke. Ugh! Is it bad that I have thought about taking some t.p. from my office?? Only kidding, mom! I'm sure she's so disowning me after that one! Anyways, back to my post. I decided to go rummaging through my pantry looking for something to fix, and I came across this little beauty!

Now, Beau loves grits, as do I, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I happened to have some shrimp in the freezer, so I thought this would be the perfect meal! It was so easy and turned out super yummy!! The pack comes with the grits and the gravy mix. I ordered a few different things from this company called Gullah Gourmet before Christmas, thinking I would give them as stocking stuffers, but I ended up keeping most of them! Good thing I did or we would have been eating cereal again. I have tried the Pluff Mud Pie too and it was so insanely good!

I also ordered the Seafood Bisque and I did end up giving that to my mom at Christmas. I kept one for me too though! I love the directions for how to prepare the meals. They are all written in Cajun tongue(?). Hilarious, but can be hard to read at times.

Gullah used to have a website, but it looks like they have taken it down. I did find these tasty treats HERE so if you have an itchin' for some delicious Cajun cuisine you can head over there. They also have the cutest gift baskets. Perfect for a going away gift if someone is moving up north. You know they would miss this food!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday!

Lucky in Love  – (March 10, 2009 at 1:57 PM)  

My husband would love this! He's a huge shrimp and grits fan. I think that is his favorite thing about traveling to the South...the food!

Chic Runner  – (March 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM)  

MMMM this stuff looks great! I love grits and they are hard to find out on the west coast!

Confessions of a Northern Belle  – (March 10, 2009 at 2:32 PM)  

I've never had shrimp and grits... however, I was raised in the North so I have an excuse! Do you ever try to make up a menu before you go grocery shopping? I make my fiance sit down with me and we come up with various things we like to eat, a lot of them using the same cheap ingredients but whipped up in different ways, and we've discovered it saves us a lot of money!

Lindsey  – (March 10, 2009 at 2:37 PM)  

Oh yum, this looks delish!

We are the same way, when we cut back the first thing to go is grocery shopping and I don't know why!

Unknown  – (March 10, 2009 at 3:44 PM)  

Oh my gosh all three of those sound so yummy!

My mom is a master chef like that too, she can just invent things that always end up tasting awesome. Not me.

;)

Unknown  – (March 10, 2009 at 3:48 PM)  

I haven't been grocery shopping in two weeks. Ugh!

Sweet Simplicity  – (March 10, 2009 at 4:05 PM)  

I love their packaging! Its so cute!

20 Times A Lady  – (March 10, 2009 at 9:01 PM)  

Cute cute cute blog!

Stop by my blog and check out my first giveaway... a Martha Stewart magazine subscription giveaway!

Unknown  – (March 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM)  

LOVE shrimp and grits! That stuff looks perfect. Can't wait to order :)

Emily  – (March 13, 2009 at 10:32 AM)  

my hubby would love love love this... i like shrimp too but cant eat it right now bec of bum in the oven:) have a great week my friend:)

Elizabeth  – (April 2, 2009 at 2:16 PM)  

I love all Gullah Gourmet products - yum!! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP