Amazing Gifts!

First off let me say thank you so much to all of you sweets for leaving me such nice birthday wishes!! I really appreciate it! It's so nice to be told "Happy Birthday" by so many people. Makes a girls day!

The birthday festivities started Friday night at my parents house. My dad grilled some amazing steaks, as always, and we had some wonderful appetizers that my mom and sister cooked up. Look how cute all of the table decorations are! My mom outdid herself once again!

{precious flowers!}

Let them eat cake - the cutest most delicious cake ever, that is!! Loved the way it turned out and it was oh so tasty.


{make a wish ;)}

And then there were two: Me and sweet beau. Pay no mind to the pale, white washed face. I will be tan this summer. You just wait!

Not onto the good stuff. The presents!! I know I've said this before, but I really am so fortunate to have the family that I do. They are so good to me. I feel so blessed every single birthday I get to celebrate with them! On to the gifts. My favorite of all night had to be my new Nikon D-60 camera!! It was a gift from my parents and beau. I am in LOVE! I was a mad woman this weekend snapping pics left and right. I think every girl, after they get married, falls in love with photography. It's hard not to. You see all of the amazing images and you want to be able to try your hand at photography too. I will never be a pro, but this is a start!

My big sis knew about the camera so she picked me up this little guy! It's not the full blown Photoshop, because let's face it, I am in no position to drop 3K on that, but it's so perfect and exactly what I was wanting!
I don't know if you recall the black coat from this post. Well I was surprised when I opened up the box from my grandmother and found it inside! It's so cute and the fit is to die for! I wore it out to my birthday dinner that Beau took me on with my new black boots and I felt oh so chic!

And my little sis, err, my mom picked this cute bottle of wine up for me. How funny is this? I had no idea they had "Middle sister" wine. Perfect!!
I can't end without saying how sweet Beau was on Saturday. He woke up semi-early (which he doesn't ever do!) and fixed me delicious cinnamon muffins and eggs. And then *gasp* he cleaned up afterward. It was great! Ok, I'm done now. It was an amazing birthday and I couldn't have asked for more.

Happy Hump Day!

Gwen  – (March 4, 2009 at 11:30 AM)  

What a great cake!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday and what wonderful gifts!!! {HUGS}

Sweet Simplicity  – (March 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM)  

Love the table setting and the cake! So fun! I bet that camera takes amazing pictures. Glad you had a great b-day!

Tara Gibson  – (March 4, 2009 at 11:47 AM)  

the decor is adorable! I got a new camera for christmas and I am STILL Trying to figure it out (let me know how that photoshop is)

glad you had a great bday!

Lucky in Love  – (March 4, 2009 at 12:00 PM)  

I'm so glad your had a nice birthday! What great gifts! I love that coat :)

Kari Beth  – (March 4, 2009 at 12:06 PM)  

happy late birthday! sorry i didn't send my wishes to you on your actual birthday :(...love the cake. so cute. and it looks so yummy! and so excited about the camera...that puppy's gonna take some good pictures :)

Unknown  – (March 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM)  

Yummmm that cake looks so good...but almost too pretty to eat! Almost...

And I see champagne in that picture...I relaly hope it was a great birthday!

Lauren  – (March 4, 2009 at 12:15 PM)  

I LOVE the cake - that lady is amazing! I'm glad to hear you had a great weekend. Hope we can get together and celebrate soon as well!!

Chic Runner  – (March 4, 2009 at 12:18 PM)  

I want that camera! So glad you had a great day and what a cute cake! I love it. Happy Happy Birthday!!!

LyndsAU  – (March 4, 2009 at 12:38 PM)  

so glad your birthday was so fun :) great gifts too! i love that camera!!

Megan  – (March 4, 2009 at 12:43 PM)  

You got some great presents!!! Glad your birthday weekend was good one!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (March 4, 2009 at 1:07 PM)  

Happy Birthday! That sounds like the most amazing birthday!! What a great fam and Hubby you've got! Glad you had such a fabulous day!

Rachel  – (March 4, 2009 at 1:32 PM)  

What a great birthday!! You are surrounded by such wonderful family!! You think you are bad about pictures now, wait until the little ones come along =). My family says that my kids have to know what it feels like to have the papparazzi around them =).

Unknown  – (March 4, 2009 at 1:57 PM)  

OMG, Husby got me a Nikon D series for Christmas this year! How awesome is it?!?!

Nikon makes instructional DVDs that teach you a little about your camera. They cost about $15 each and are totally worth it.

The only problem I have with the camera, no cute camera bags! If you find one, let me know :)

p.s. Sounds like you had a great birthday and a ton of fun!

Leila  – (March 4, 2009 at 1:57 PM)  

So glad you had a great birthday! I am obsessed with the wine you got - middle sister wine. Way too cute.

Unknown  – (March 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM)  

Sorry for the comment spam, but can you let me know how the Adobe Photoshop Elements is? Is it learning-curve friendly?

Mandy Rose  – (March 4, 2009 at 2:46 PM)  

What great gifts you got!! Lucky girl! I am dying over the camera! You are right, after you are married (and especially after babies), every lady loves photography!

I have recently took a new love to photoshop too! Check out "Becoming Mom"...she is GREAT photoshop tutorials and makes the hard stuff easy. Her link is on my blog.

Unknown  – (March 4, 2009 at 3:35 PM)  

Looks like a great birthday!!

Emily  – (March 4, 2009 at 3:53 PM)  

girl... you had an amazing birthday! love the coat and the camera... and the cake... ccc:) ha! Love it all! I want to eat that cake up and yeah hubby! muffins... im impressed:)

Mrs. Ruby  – (March 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM)  

What a GREAT birthday...I can't remember if I said Happy Birthday...So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I'm obsessed with your cake. Oh, and your camera too. :)

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm  – (March 4, 2009 at 9:09 PM)  

I'm so excited for you and the new camera. When I got my first DSLR, I was hooked and in love! I actually just ordered my new one- i'm officially a Canon girl now. I switched from my Pentax K100D which was an AWESOME starter camera. My new one is the Canon EOS 40D. I can't wait to get it tomorrow!! :)

Darci White  – (March 7, 2009 at 9:01 AM)  

Wow! Look at you - you got some wonderful gifts!!! Glad you had a great b-day.

Have you tried out PS Elements yet? That's what I use and love it - I'm sure I'd love it a lot more if I put in more time learning all the helpful tricks, etc.

Happy belated b-day!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP