With this ring....

This past weekend, I had some free time with my new camera. Just me and the Nikon. Oh it was blissful! I am overly obsessed with it at the moment. I decided to play around with our wedding rings a little. I love ring shots and was so pleased with the ones that our photographers (AshleyK) got. Here's just a couple of my faves - well more than a couple, but I couldn't decide which ones I liked the best!

{one of my favorites...so simple}
{rings on the end of my calla lillies}{more flower/ring shots}
{m&m's from the candy bar}

With our one year anniversary quickly approaching us, I figured I would try out this whole ring shot thing. How hard can it be, right? Well, it was a little tougher than I thought but after several tries I was able to get some descent shots. I used a Bible and Beau's ring at first. I love how his ring shadows a heart onto the pages. I decided to try it with mine too, but I love the simplicity of his ring alone. This was pretty easy. Once you get the hang of it and get the rings to stay in place, you're good to go! I turned my flash off in order to get the shadowing affect and then doctored it a bit in Photoshop so they didn't look too dark.

I'm sure I'll spend this next weekend taking more pictures! I keep telling Beau that I need a new "subject" to take pics of. Daisy is filling up my folders! I need to borrow someones baby :) HA

Dollface  – (March 18, 2009 at 11:12 AM)  

Just came across your super cute blog! I love the ring pics. I am currently waiting to wear something sparkly!! haha... I love them on the ends of the lillies though, look forward to reading more! xoxo

Unknown  – (March 18, 2009 at 11:18 AM)  

I love the one in the bible where you can see your ring standing up and his encircling yours. Pretty! Have you found a super cute case yet for your camera? I'm having a really hard time finding one that is acceptable to bring out with me to dinner...

Jenn  – (March 18, 2009 at 11:19 AM)  

I love that shot with your husbands ring in the bible. Great job!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (March 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM)  

Very cute pictures! If I had a baby, I'd let you take their pictures...you know, since we're in the same town and all!

Lauren  – (March 18, 2009 at 12:16 PM)  

I'm impressed - these shots look great! Maybe we can get Bennett and Daisy together for a photo shoot :)

Chic Runner  – (March 18, 2009 at 12:28 PM)  

So cute! that camera does take amazing pictures! I'm jealous

d.a.r.  – (March 18, 2009 at 12:30 PM)  

Gooorgeous!! I love it. I have a bible shot of my ring, too and I adore it. Those are awesome :)

Kari Beth  – (March 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM)  

those pictures are all great!!! i would never have picked out the professional ones! we are getting a new camera soon...do you have the nikon d60?

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (March 18, 2009 at 2:56 PM)  

oh my gosh I LOVE your shots! They look great!! So creative and beautiful with the heart and everything! I want to get one of those cameras too! So much fun and so neat!

Unknown  – (March 18, 2009 at 3:13 PM)  

I love the ring pictures, they are so creative and classy and pretty!

amy (metz) walker  – (March 18, 2009 at 3:16 PM)  

Loving the pics! You did good, girl!

Lucky in Love  – (March 18, 2009 at 4:06 PM)  

What perfect pictures! You are awesome!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (March 18, 2009 at 9:30 PM)  

The ring pictures are so sweet and beautiful!

Lisa  – (March 18, 2009 at 9:51 PM)  

well just come on over then!!! You can borrow my baby,lol. So what kind of camera did you get? I am researching for a new one myself. I LOVE your ring pics, good job!

Lisa  – (March 18, 2009 at 9:58 PM)  

nevermind, all I had to do was continue to read. That is one of my front running cameras. So I assume YOU ARE IN LOVE with it???

Sweet Simplicity  – (March 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM)  

You took some great shots! And I love the ones your photographer took with the calla lillies.

Running In Stilettos  – (March 21, 2009 at 10:09 AM)  

I think you did an AWESOME job with your ring pics! How beautiful!

Oh, I left you some blogger love in my latest post :)

Unknown  – (March 26, 2009 at 2:09 PM)  

I love the photos in the bible that reflect a heart! Great job!

I just got a Canon XSI SLR and loving it. My children keep asking for their photo to be taken because the photos are so much better with my new lens and camera - wow!

Blessings and Happy Anniversary!
Jill

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP