I may or may not have....

Allowed my mom to cut miss Daisy Mae this last weekend with her horse clippers. Yes ladies, our more-than-matted labradoodle needed HORSE hair clippers to get through her fur. I tried to save a buck by letting mi madre do it, but I think I may have made a mistake :( She just doesn't look that cute....at.all. I feel like the worst mom ever!! Not that the groomers would have done any better. I mean come on, when your dog is matted, there is nothing left to do but cut down to the mats which in our case was to her skin. I'm sure our vet thought she was a rescue dog or something last time we took her in. Problem is, we only got half of her cut because her head and upper body took us about 2 hours! Yeah, no pictures of this one. She may or may not look like this:
{Disclaimer: this is not, I repeat, NOT my Daisy, but how funny is it?}

Moral of the story: Friends, don't let friends (err, mom) cut your dog's hair :) Aaron is horrified, I still love her and think she's cute; as only a mother would, but I am a little horrified too. Let's just say that she'll be an inside dog until this grows back.....


d.a.r.  – (March 26, 2009 at 1:33 PM)  

OMG. Wow....that poor doggy!! Good luck getting all of the matted fur taken care of. We had to shave our family dog during the summer because her coat was so thick and one year the groomer accidently shaved her body...AND her tail! The poor dog thought her tail was a rat or something and was attacking it so much it was raw and bloody! We had to put the Elizabethan collar on her until her fur started coming back in hahaha.

yours truly...  – (March 26, 2009 at 1:36 PM)  

OMG! LOL!!!!! That poor baby!! She is going to have self-esteem issues!!! And you can't help but laugh...haha, poor thing!!

The Golden Years  – (March 26, 2009 at 1:36 PM)  

LoL LoL Awww!! I grew up with a Golden (a little less hair than the doodle, but A LOT of hair, nonetheless) and we had to shave her one year because of the heat and mats. Poor thing looked like a sheep that was just shaved to make a blanket! The good news is it grows back in no time!! Too funny, though!

Lucky in Love  – (March 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM)  

Oh my gosh...that's too funny! I hope it grows fast!

Dollface  – (March 26, 2009 at 2:19 PM)  

My bf and I washed and groomed his dog last week and it was a complete debacle getting him to sit still in the sink.... I feel for you!! But I would never let my mom cut the dog's hair, hahah xoxo

Lauren  – (March 26, 2009 at 3:23 PM)  

HAHA poor Daisy! You crack me up - I'm sure she's not that bad....

Can't wait to see you this weekend!

DietCokeStraightUp  – (March 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM)  

Oh honey!!! I'm so sorry!!! She still is a cutie!! It will grow back.

Katy  – (March 26, 2009 at 6:16 PM)  

Oh my! I thought that was your poor little dog until I got to the end of your post. That poor dog! haha
I have always wanted a labradoodle. Your little baby is just too cute!

Cole  – (March 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM)  

I wandered over from d.a.r.'s blog... I hope you don't mind. :-)

My poor Cocker Spaniel gets sooo matted that I end up giving her a buzz cut at least once a year. Your poor baby! I'm sure she's still cute to you, and that's all that counts!!

Darci White  – (March 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM)  

oh, sweet girl......she still looks cute!

my mom has their dogs (australian shephards) hair shaved every summer and they always look so embarrassed!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (March 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM)  

ahhh, haha, poor little daisy! grow hair grow :) My aunt gets her pomeranians' cut for the summer and its mostly their bodies so they look like little lions, maybe Daisy can imitate another animal too =)!

Lindsey  – (March 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM)  

oh no!! haha that picture is hilarious!

The Blonde Duck  – (March 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM)  

That picture was funny, I'm sorry!

Don't worry. This is a good lesson to teach her beauty is on the inside.

The Blonde Duck  – (March 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM)  

That picture was funny, I'm sorry!

Don't worry. This is a good lesson to teach her beauty is on the inside.

quite contrary  – (March 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM)  

funny picture! just found your blog! so cute!

Emily  – (March 27, 2009 at 3:33 PM)  

ohh poor lil daisy.. i cant believe it took 2 hours!!! I bet she feels better tho!! It is hair soo it will grow back!U are a good mom for wanting to get the mattes out!

Sweet Simplicity  – (March 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM)  

Oh no! Poor Daisy! What a great story for the blog though! LOL!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (March 29, 2009 at 8:52 PM)  

poor Daisy! I'm sure she is still precious! My dogs had baths today and my shih tzu, who is a baby and has only had 2 baths, attacked the blow dryer!

Kari Beth  – (March 30, 2009 at 11:07 AM)  

oh no nicole! daisy looks hysterical! she probably loves the cut though...peaches loves when we cut her hair every summer!!

Anonymous –   – (March 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM)  

i thought that is what daisy turned out to look like!!! ikes:)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking  – (March 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM)  

oh my gosh this is too funny! I have two little puppies too.. aren't they just the absolute best! :) Congrats on your marriage... very exciting!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP