Weekend Hi-lights

I hope everyone enjoyed their V-day weekend! I've been reading up on your blogs and some of you were treated very well this year :) I was so looking forward to this Valentine's day since it was our first one as a married couple. I know that doesn't really mean all that much, but it did to me. We were just recovering from a small argument that happened Thursday night, so it wasn't that romantic weekend that I was hoping for. You see, I wanted the love to start flowing on Friday after work and continue on into Sunday. A little much, maybe? Our little argument would have been over with if one of us would have just humbled ourselves (reminds me of our sermon yesterday at church; it really spoke to me) but neither one was willing to break, so it continued on. It wouldn't have bothered me that much if it was any other weekend, but it went down on LOVE weekend! Oh well. That's life, right? I always seem to have the highest hopes for holidays and birthdays, but then something always happens and sucks the excitement right out of me. I need to learn to be more realistic! Things happen in life that aren't planned. I'm not living a fairytale story. I feel like if I learned how to deal better with these little bumps in the road then I would be so much better off. Anyways, Beau came and talked to me Saturday afternoon and apologized. He was very sweet and so sincere. We had a great talk. We were back to laughing and being our lovey-dovey selves like we are 98% of the time. We went ahead with our steak night dinner plans. He cooked everything except for the chocolate merigue pie, which I made. I felt like that was a little too intense for him to take on! Our dinner was delicious and dessert was the icing on the cake!! We snuggled on the couch after dinner and watched a movie and were in bed by 11. Ha we are so old! The night that I thought was going to end with a Papa Johns heart-shaped pizza ended perfectly.

{the pie! my meringue peaks dind't peak very well,
but it was mmmm so good!}


Yesterday we went to church and listened to a sermon on relationships. Perfect timing! It was so good and we both left feeling so uplifted. Before we headed out the door, Beau bought me 2 Jimmy Needham Cd's. He was visiting our church again and I just love his voice. We then went for a delish Mexican lunch and hit up Home Depot so we could spend the afternoon weed picking, planting and mulching. It was such a beautiful day and I had the best time being outside. Although, I have to mention that I could barely get out of bed this morning because my whole body ached!

{the yard after all of our hard work! see those flowers?
Yep, I planted those :)}


{Daisy was summoned to the backyard since she can't
seem to stay in our yard! she did not like this one bit}


Well I hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday! I'm going to try to post later this week about the couples shower we are hosting this weekend!! I'm very excited about it :)

Lucky in Love  – (February 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM)  

I definitely feel ya on the expecting too much thing for the holidays. I think it's because I'm such a planner when it comes to those...and my hubby is more of a last minute kind of guy. It's not that he doesn't care...it's just not his way of doing things. Because of this...things never go exactly as I would've planned them.

I am slowly learning that this is a good thing! I'm trying not to have expectations...just to enjoy being with him, doing whatever we do.

I'll probably have to reread this when my birthday comes around :) I'm glad your day ended up well! Your pie looks fabulous!

Mrs. Ruby  – (February 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM)  

Aww - thanks for being so open. We all have these moments in our relationships...and they always seem to happen around holidays (which make them that much worse).
I'm happy you ended up having a wonderful V-Day! :)

Lauren  – (February 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM)  

What a great post! I know what you mean about having all these expectations but I'm glad to hear things turned out alright.

I must say, your house looks fabulous and I can't wait until this Saturday!!

Mandy Rose  – (February 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM)  

I am 100% guilty of having unrealistic expectations for the holidays. I need to get it together because Thursday is my bday and I am pretty sure nothing big is planned. Glad you and Beau worked out your differences! I hate those fights that happen at the worst possible times! Your house is adorable!!!

Allison  – (February 16, 2009 at 7:48 PM)  

I'm getting married this summer and it's really nice reading blogs like yours to get a picture of what the first married year is really like. And btw, what a super cute house and dog!

Freck  – (February 16, 2009 at 9:53 PM)  

Your home and dog are precious!! I'm glad your Valentines day turned out well :)

clsoetofsara  – (February 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM)  

I'm in the same boat- I have big plans for each and every holiday, and then NOTHING works out like I wanted it to. But I think it's a girl thing! Your yard looks beautiful, unfortunately I don't have a green thumb to do this kind of thing.

Mrs. Nurse  – (February 16, 2009 at 10:27 PM)  

Mr.Nurse is always much more into holidays than myself. Growing up my parents never really celebrated much so its weird for me. I enjoy doing things with him but I am not as "giddy" I guess and he wishes I would be. I am glad that it all turned out well after all. The pie looks yummy!

Running In Stilettos  – (February 17, 2009 at 7:38 AM)  

I am glad everything worked out well! I am notorious for high expectations, which unfortunately leaves me disappointed sometimes. Holidays are the worst, so we always keep low key plans and save our extravagant dinners for random Monday nights!

Unknown  – (February 17, 2009 at 8:32 AM)  

i LOVE LOVE LOVE Jimmy Needham!! :)

I'm glad your valentines day turned out well. :)

Running In Stilettos  – (February 17, 2009 at 9:34 AM)  

Oh, I forgot...I gave you some Love on my latest post!

Lindsey  – (February 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM)  

Great post. I adore your honesty! Thanks for sharing and I'm so glad you ended up having a good holiday!

kara battel  – (February 17, 2009 at 11:37 AM)  

how large is daisy? i recently audited a lady who had a "labradoodle" and it was a really LARGE dog!

hate that your V-Day wasn't all you hoped for-- let me tell ya' after 9 years of not doing much for v-day... my hubby wanted one! couldn't believe it-- life just is never what we plan for, or expect-- but it's fab anyway!

Emily  – (February 17, 2009 at 1:14 PM)  

I always have really high expectations as well. I was very proud of myself for not breaking down in tears when the dinner plans didnt pan out! I think as women we see soo many movies and read books were they make relationships and holidays... all soo unrealistic.. I get a lot of my ideas in my mind from movies:)
Im really glad you adn the beau worked things out:) The makeup part is always the best:) Hope you have a great week and your yard looks fab!

Sweet Simplicity  – (February 17, 2009 at 1:14 PM)  

I always have high expectations for big events. And then we have a little bump in the road and I end up disappointed. The best times we have are when I don't expect much. Why can't I learn from that??? haha!

The Regal Pup  – (February 18, 2009 at 10:03 AM)  

Don't worry, your Valentine's Day was better than mine - ha!

Your house is cute, I love it! I can't wait until it is warm enough to beautify our yard.

Also, Daisy is huge! Our labradoodle is definitely on the smaller side. I think he is more lab than anything. How much does Daisy weigh? Winston is about 70 lbs. How fun if they could have a labradoodle pup date! :)

Kari Beth  – (February 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM)  

everyone has moments in their marriages. that is what makes them stronger. i'm reading "love life for every married couple" and the couples that seem to have the most problems are the ones that don't have arguments. so its totally healthy! i think we got in a bit of a tiff the friday before vday as well. that's what happens when 2 stubborns are married! ha ha :)

anyway, love your house to pieces. its adorable!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP