Couples Shower!

Hello ladies!! I hope you are all having a great week! I have been super busy preparing for a couples shower that Beau, me and the Rudy's are hosting this weekend. I didn't realize how much work went into hosting!! It's been so fun planning and buying the fun stuff though. Beau and I have been cleaning like crazy people and trying to get the house in somewhat of an order before Saturday. Exciting news: our dining table and hallway table arrived this morning so now our house feels complete! Here's some pics -


I can't wait to take pics of the house this weekend when it's all clean and decorated! Now onto the shower details. The theme is Stock the Bar. Here is the invite -

Our actual invite wouldn't attach, so I found this one online. Our font is much cuter and we worded it a little different. I love the colors! We really tried to incorporate them in the whole theme of the night. I ordered a cake that is two tiers; bottom is square with colorful stripes and the top is round with colorful polka dots. I can't wait to see how it turns out! We are having about 30 people so we have to be careful with our drinks and menu so that we didn't end up spending a fortune feeding everyone. We decided on a keg of beer for the guys and some delicious sangria for the girls. Now for the menu. We wanted to make sure the guys had something meaty that would fill them up and some sides and snacks to go along with it too. We decided on: tenderloin sliders (mini tenderloin sandwiches), asparagus prosciutto bundles, shrimp cocktail, mushroom/cheese bruschetta, olive tapenade/cheese bruschetta, Texas caviar, spinach artichoke dip, cream cheese with chipotle raspberry sauce and possibly tomato caprese. Sounds like a lot of food! I was able to make a menu card for each dish so that people know what they are eating. They match our napkins and plates which is perfect!

Being an Etsy lover that I am, I did some searching and found these cute "marriage tips" cards so people can leave something funny or sincere for the soon to be married couple!



I found them at InkspotWorkshop and they are just precious. Of course you can do them more formal for a bridal shower, but we wanted something a little more fun that some of the guys wouldn't mind writing on.

I am taking off work tomorrow, yay! No relaxing for this girl though. I am picking up the cake, meeting up with my mom so we can go shopping at Costco for the food, and then back home for more cleaning and hopefully I will still be able to make my mani/pedi appointment. Good thing tomorrow is payday ;)

I hope all of you lovely ladies have a wonderful weekend!! I'll be back Monday with lots of exciting pics!


Unknown  – (February 19, 2009 at 11:54 AM)  

Oooo- LOVE THIS! I hope it all goes well for you! HAVE FUN!! :)

Lindsey  – (February 19, 2009 at 12:13 PM)  

So cute! You are doing such a great job planning this!

Lauren  – (February 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM)  

Everything looks great! Can't wait till the party tomorrow night! Hmmm... I think I might have to treat myself to a mani/pedi too :)

Elizabeth  – (February 19, 2009 at 12:48 PM)  

Everything looks great! I love the marriage tip cards - such a cute idea! :)

Lucky in Love  – (February 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM)  

Where do I begin...??

What beautiful furniture you got! I'm still waiting on getting a dining room table. We're renting right now so hubby says to wait to see what we need when we buy...but I'm dying for one!

Your invites are so cute! I've never even heard of that type of party before (living under a rock...I know)...how neat!

Can't wait to see all the food! You'll be busy...but I'm sure it will be a blast. Have a great weekend!

Sweet Simplicity  – (February 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM)  

I love hosting showers! Its so fun. The new furniture looks great!

Megan  – (February 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM)  

Those tips cards are too cute!! You are doing a great job!

Inkspot Workshop  – (February 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM)  

Thanks for the InkSpot Workshop plug!! So glad the little notes arrived safely and that you love them:) Have a GREAT time.

A Belle and her Beau  – (February 19, 2009 at 3:09 PM)  

oh gosh it sounds as if your shower is WAY more "together" than mine ever thought about being!! I wish i had thought of something cute to do for a little game ... the stationery for advice is great! make sure to post pics :)

Confessions of a Northern Belle  – (February 19, 2009 at 3:36 PM)  

This sounds like a great idea! My future mother in law wants to plan a Jack n Jill shower for us this summer and Stock the Bar was one of the themes we talked about! Thanks for sharing your planning details!

Unknown  – (February 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM)  

Ok, are those chairs new too? Because they are fabulous! I love dark wood, its sooooo classy!!

I threw my sister a stock the bar party and it was so fun...it's just about the nicest think that happens to men during wedding season. Dinking, other men to comiserate with and buying alcohol as a gift. Perfect. haha

Unknown  – (February 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM)  

OBVS I meant drinking, not dinking.

;)

Goldie  – (February 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM)  

I LOVE the idea! It sounds as though it's going to be amazing!

Sherrie  – (February 20, 2009 at 5:11 AM)  

Have a great time. I love planning parties. It sounds like you have everything under control.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP