Couples Shower Recap!

We had a great time this weekend! The shower went amazing and everything turned out so good. If you would have seen me Friday night, in the ER mind you, you would not have thought this would be the case! My poor Beau was having some major stomach pains so we went to the doc to have it checked out. They drew blood and found out that his white blood cell count was very high, 17 to be exact. So the doc asked us to go to the ER and have an ultrasound done on his belly to make sure his organs, mainly appendix, was OK. Well we waited and waited and waited and after about 3 hours we decided to go home. He hadn't been in pain for several hours and he was getting very mad (and grouchy) about how long we had set there so we went home. He feels fine still so I'm not sure what it was. But as you can imagine, I was freaking out! I hadn't finished cleaning yet and we didn't get home until 10 that night!! After sitting in the ER waiting room for 3 hours with their bright lights I came down with one of the worst migraines ever! I went home, tried to fall asleep, took a quick shower and cleaned for the next 2 hours. I think I finally got in bed at 2ish. I was so thankful that the next morning Lauren and Ryan came over early to help us finish up on all the food and cleaning! I don't think we would have been able to get it all done if it wasn't for them!! Aside from the ER drama, the shower went perfect! I knew it would be great, but I was so happy with the way everything turned out. Everything looked so perfect and put together and the food was fabulous! I told Lauren that we might need to be professional shower hosters! ;) Here are some pics of the evening:

{the lovely hostesses - Lauren and me}

{the table, all put together}

{adorable cake!}

{menu card and appetizers}

{shrimp cocktail}

{more food!}

{sangria}

{i got a little crazy with the fruit for the sangria!}

{and last, but not least, my handsome beau and me!}

All in all, it was a perfect evening! I had the best time and I can't wait for Mark and Alison's wedding this April! It's hard to imagine that our group of friends are almost all married off!! Next we'll be having baby showers...haha!

Chic Runner  – (February 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM)  

MmMmmm way to post this right before my lunch hour.. I'm starving! looks like a great party!

Unknown  – (February 24, 2009 at 2:35 PM)  

Ok i could comment on the beautiful food and how great the shower looks...but all I care about (sorry) is the dress and shoes you have on!!! You are so pretty! (and yes, your hubby is handsome, you make a super cute couple!!)

Sweet Simplicity  – (February 24, 2009 at 2:49 PM)  

Everything looks great!! That cake is so cute!

Lindsey  – (February 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM)  

WOW! What a beautiful shower and I just love the cake!!!

You and your beau look so great together!

LyndsAU  – (February 24, 2009 at 3:27 PM)  

I love the cake :) And awesome fruit tray :) You look so cute!

Lucky in Love  – (February 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM)  

How beautiful!! Everything looks wonderful...what a great cake!

Lauren  – (February 24, 2009 at 4:09 PM)  

We definitely pulled off a great party! Maybe we should think about quitting our jobs and becoming event planners :)

Megan  – (February 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM)  

So sorry about your ER drama! I am glad your hubby is feeling better though!
And that cake is ADORABLE. Seriously I love it! You look beautiful in all of these pics!

Emily  – (February 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM)  

I want to eat that cake right now and all the appertizers.. I must be hungry.. your dress is too cute! What a fun shower

Anonymous –   – (February 24, 2009 at 4:25 PM)  

ummm...your shower looked awesome! Love the cake, the sangria container, the shrimp coctails, and that dress...OMG where did you get it?! You need to lemme know A.S.A.P!!!
Glad the hubby is feeling better:)

The France Family  – (February 24, 2009 at 5:26 PM)  

It looks like it was a fantastic shower! The cake was ADORABLE! I hope everyone is back to feeling better in your household!

Hollie  – (February 25, 2009 at 5:07 AM)  

i LOVE your cake!
and your dress is adorable!
glad to her your beau got better....hope they can find an answer for him, it's the 'not knowing' that's the worse.

Unknown  – (February 25, 2009 at 7:24 AM)  

I LOVE that cake! Everything looks beautiful!

Tara Gibson  – (February 26, 2009 at 10:35 AM)  

love everything and you guys are adorable together : )

Doublebanker  – (February 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM)  

I love couple showers...gives everyone a reason to get a sitter and have a few drinks with friends (and enemies)

My Daily Gif Blog...check it out!

DB

Kari Beth  – (February 27, 2009 at 10:59 AM)  

love your shoes!
love you dress!
the cake looks delish!
i could eat everyone of those shrimp!
great shower :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP