Cel-e-brate good times!

Another busy weekend down! We had one last celebration for Mark and Alison. Mark's mom and dad hosted a second reception for them in a very small town where they have now retired. It was a BLAST!! We got in Saturday afternoon, changed and headed for St. Mary's Hall. If you're wondering, yes, you can drink in St. Mary's hall and believe me, there was plenty of drinking going on. These folks in this small town knew how to have a good time! I had to keep an eye out on Aaron (Beau) as he thought he could keep up with some of the older men....didn't end too well! We danced all night, again! We had so much fun and it was great to get to hang out with everyone again! Never a dull moment with our group :)

{Aaron and me}
{miss AliB - now AliT :)}
{Lauren (Ski!) and Tyler}{Dance Party! Must have been a good song}

{Tyler giving Aaron advice on dancing/drinking?}

{Mark, Tyler & Aaron - why the mean face hun?}{Ali, Lauren and me}

We drove back in on Sunday and picked up Daisy at my parents house. They were nice enough to watch her while we were out of town. It also let us see my Momma on Mother's Day! It was such a good day. The whole fam was out by the pool when Aaron and I got in and then we started preparing for the feast: steaks and all the fixin's! Of course, mom was right in the kitchen with me. I told her to relax and sit down, but she refused. She is so selfless. She will rarely let you do something for her. She always put us first in everything. I loved having her in there with me though. We have always had the best times in the kitchen together. I try to learn all of her cooking techniques from her. I'm still learning people...she has a lot to share! Finally the steaks (bravo PappaT!) were done and everything was delicious!! I stuffed myself. So worth it though! My dad made his famous dessert, banana's foster. He makes this every anniversary, mother's day or whenever my mom asks for it! It was their dessert they had on their wedding night so it's special to them. And sooo good!! I know I'm a couple of days late, but Happy Mother's Day Mom! You are truly a blessing to me. Thank you for answering the phone when I call 12 times a day, listening to me vent about Lord knows what, buying me cute tops just because and for being such an amazing mother and wife that I too, hope I can be one day!

{funny card from dad - I have an 8 yr old sister so this made us all laugh!}

{present!! what could it be??}

{A little DY :) Love it!!}


{So pretty!!}

What a great weekend it was! We are still recovering from the late nights, but I think we're almost back in business. I think this weekend we are going to be pretty low key...looking forward to that! Oh and Biggest Loser is on tonight!!! - Season Finale :(

Lauren  – (May 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM)  

Yet another fab weekend with the gang!

By the way, I love your Momma's ring...it looks familiar :)

Elizabeth  – (May 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM)  

Looks like a lot of fun! The card is too cute. :)

Anonymous –   – (May 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM)  

What a great weekend! Gorgeous ring!

Julie Q  – (May 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM)  

i'm so excited to see how everyone looks @ the live finale!!

oooo i love the ring! so purty. i can't wait for DY to come back to ruelala

Lindsey  – (May 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM)  

What a great time! Fun pics!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (May 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM)  

wow! Sounds like another great weekend! I love love love that ring!!

Dollface  – (May 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM)  

love the DY ring!! fab choice... and such a fun weekend!! xxooo

Lucky in Love  – (May 13, 2009 at 6:36 AM)  

Looks like you had a great weekend! What a beautiful ring!

LyndsAU  – (May 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM)  

what a fun reception you went to :) you look great!

i love that ring. i have wanted a DY for so long :) one day!

Tara Gibson  – (May 13, 2009 at 10:40 AM)  

that ring is goooooorgeous!!!! love it!

Hailey HRH  – (May 13, 2009 at 2:32 PM)  

great pics! i LOVE your dress.

Emily  – (May 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM)  

I love david yurman.. as a push present I am asking for a ring kind of like that but with diamonds around the edges:) looks liek you guys had a fun fun weekend.. love all the pictures:)

amy (metz) walker  – (May 14, 2009 at 5:35 AM)  

Super cute pics...oh, and LOVE LOVE LOVE that DY ring!

Unknown  – (May 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM)  

What a fabulous ring! Looks like you guys had a great time.

yours truly...  – (May 14, 2009 at 8:07 PM)  

Such a fun weekend and sweet post for your mom!!! You can't go wrong with DY!!! It's my favorite!!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP