The Farmer and the Dell

I want to thank all of you for your amazing comments on my Friday post. They really helped, a lot. Sorry for being so down! I need to realize that this whole process is going to take some time and I need to "man up" and not allow myself to get so upset over one weigh in. There are certainly bigger problems out there than this one :)

Onto the weekend! Aaron and I did a little gardening. Yes, you read that right: Aaron and I. I love being outside helping with the yard. I would much rather do that then clean inside! Growing up, my parents would do yard work/garden/plant every single weekend. Or so it seemed. As I got older I started helping out and really enjoyed it. Even pulling weeds...I know, crazy! So I was kind of pumped when Aaron said he wanted my help this weekend. We woke up Saturday and ate a good breakfast to get energized for our activities! After a quick stop at Home Depot, we were ready to go! There is a mulching bed (garden??) in our backyard and lately our grass has been growing into the bed. Not to mention the weeds that popped up. It was not a pretty sight. I really wish I would have taken a before/after pic because it looks SO much better now. After spending all day outside, we were exhausted. We spent the rest of the evening in. Rented a movie and had some popcorn. It was amazing!


I have to brag on my amazing husband for a second.
He read my blog post on Friday and knew how
upset I was and he came home with these beautiful flowers!
I was so surprised. That man knows how to make me happy :)


our power breakfast...yes it's chocolate and yes there
are biscuits underneath. It came from the one and only,
Paula Deen! It was just OK. I used wheat biscuits and skim milk.
Tried to be somewhat healthy! I'm sure hers is much better


Proof that I was out working too :)
Pay no mind to the dirty butt - whoops! I spent
a good hour de-weeding that stupid area!



My little girl! She thought she was helping
but she was really making a mess! She loves
running through the new mulch!


Daisy's new love - her tennis ball.
She would not put that thing down all day!!


My new love - I think I'm in love with our new pot!!
It adds so much color to our back porch
the only "good" after pic I have and it has D's behind in it!:(
Either way, it looks so much better!



I started this little game with Daisy and Aaron wanted to try it too.
I'm sure he'll be happy that I posted it! I was waiting for her to
bite his nose or something - ha! She loves popcorn!!



Yeah, we drink wine with popcorn.
Is that a problem?

Yesterday we got up and went to church. We had one of the best sermons! The group Avalon was back and they are just amazing. The music had me crying like a baby. I needed it. Aaron and I went to lunch after church and then to Best Buy and we bought a new t.v. for our bedroom!! We had one when we first moved in, but when we put together our workout room I moved the t.v. in there. I needed something to keep me entertained while on the elliptical! So we bought a cute flat screen for our room. One day, while watching Oprah she said to never put a t.v. in your bedroom because all the romance goes out the window, or something like that. I then told my mom that I would never put one in my room. I mean, Oprah said so, right? Wrong! We broke down. I love it! Never going back :)

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend! Thanks again for all of your support on Friday. You all are the best :)

Anonymous –   – (May 18, 2009 at 2:05 PM)  

Hello! :)

Jane  – (May 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM)  

Love wine and popcorn! The only food my puppy gets is popcorn and she eats it the same way. It might have started on a night where a little bit of wine was involved!

Lindsey  – (May 18, 2009 at 2:24 PM)  

Mmm movie and popcorn nights are the best!!

Dollface  – (May 18, 2009 at 2:36 PM)  

That looks so fun.. and omg chocolate biscuits for breakfast... ahh rush!! And how cute is that doggy... xxoo

Hailey HRH  – (May 18, 2009 at 2:53 PM)  

OMG that is sooooo sweet that he brought you flowers.

what a wonderful man you have!

Chic Runner  – (May 18, 2009 at 3:08 PM)  

LOVE the pics :) You two are so cute and he does love you just the way you are. So sweet, and I love you just the way you are because you are legitimate. ha ha :) Have a great week girl!

katie + bret  – (May 18, 2009 at 4:26 PM)  

I am so jealous of your new flowers and out doors gardening adventures - I need to invest.

The Blonde Duck  – (May 18, 2009 at 4:32 PM)  

It looks like you had a fabulous weekend!

I think the TV could lead to more romance--all that snuggling!

Lucky in Love  – (May 18, 2009 at 4:33 PM)  

Your hubs is too sweet for giving you flowers! He's a good one :)

Your yard looks fantastic! And your puppy is too cute :)

I saw that same thing on Oprah before...but I don't know how people live without a tv in the bedroom :) Maybe better than me...but I like it!

Megan  – (May 18, 2009 at 6:32 PM)  

I love your dog, she is just adorable! And how sweet of your hubby to bring home those flowers!!

Darci White  – (May 18, 2009 at 7:51 PM)  

sounds like an awesome weekend! and i agree, that new pot is so pretty - lots of color!

what a sweetie for bringing you the flowers.......NEXT time he needs to play hookie with you! my hubby is the same way and NEVER, ever takes a sick day. ever. :( :(

Jon and Steph  – (May 19, 2009 at 12:37 AM)  

Garden work is great! My mom always says it so therapeutic.

I love that flower pot! It's gorgeous.

Movie, popcorn, and wine, what more could you ask for? ;) Sounds like a great weekend!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (May 19, 2009 at 1:52 AM)  

good job hubby=) so sweet! i love that you guys gardened! that sounded like a fun weekend, cute pics!!

Sweet Simplicity  – (May 19, 2009 at 12:02 PM)  

I did some weeding on Sunday. No fun! My back is sore from bending over so much. :)

LyndsAU  – (May 19, 2009 at 12:26 PM)  

what an awesome weekend you had girl! i have to do some gardening soon :) SOON! it's a must!
It looks great. and daizy adds a nice touch to the pics!
that popcorn pic is PRECIOUS!

Kari Beth  – (May 19, 2009 at 1:11 PM)  

daisy is gorgeous! i love her! hate gardening...props to you for enjoying it so much...i prefer the inside cleaning! i think its the allergies :)

Elizabeth  – (May 20, 2009 at 9:25 AM)  

Sounds like the perfect day! That was sweet of the hubby to bring you flowers :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP