Recipes, come get your recipes!

First of all I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you amazing bloggies out there who stopped by my sister's blog and made her feel so welcome! She was on cloud 9 :)

Ok, now onto the enchilada recipe I promised!


Enchiladas

Ingredients:
Olive Oil - enough to saute onion in skillet
1 md onion
1 pound of either ground beef, chicken, or turkey
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 can mexi-corn or plain corn
1 can diced green chilies
2 cans of red enchilada sauce
10-12 tortillas
1 pkg shredded jack cheese

  • Saute onion in olive oil in a skillet. You don't have to use the whole onion.
  • Add your meat to skillet and cook.
  • Add the taco seasoning packet to onion/meat mix.
  • Next add mexi-corn and diced green chilies to the mix.
  • Add 1 can of red enchilada sauce to that mixture.
  • Open the second can of enchilada sauce and put 1/2 in a pie pan to dip the tortillas in and save the rest to pour over the top of the enchiladas once they are rolled and in the pan. Be sure to put a little sauce in the bottom of the 13x9 pan before adding the enchiladas.
  • Dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce, fill your enchiladas with the meat mixture and add jack cheese and roll.
  • Place the rolled enchiladas cheese side down in a 13X9 pan.
  • Once the pan is filled, pour remaining red sauce over the enchiladas
  • Bake with foil on top for 20-25 min at 350 degrees.
  • When done, remove foil and sprinkle jack cheese over top and put back in the oven to melt.
You can add more/less ingredients to your enchiladas. I have a bit of a picky husband who despises onions and can find even the most hidden diced onion, so I was only able to add onions to the top of my enchiladas after baking. Like I said, they are super easy to make and even more delicious!

What's on tap for this weeks menu?
Tonight: Summer Chicken Burgers - I love avocado on my chicken sandwiches! And it's perfect weather for grilling.
Cinco De Mayo: Ground turkey tostadas, homemade salsa, guacamole, and margaritas! Since we don't have a blender, I am improvising. They are still frozen, but it's more like a slush. Fine with me :)
Wednesday: BarBQ chicken on the grill, baked beans, fruit for me, chips for Mr.
Thursday: Hot dogs with fixins'- easy peasy!
Friday: Leftovers or out to eat

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday! I still need to do a recap of our exciting weekend. We went to a Dave Matthews Band concert on Friday night and then Saturday we went to an ATM baseball game. So much fun! It was just me and Beau the whole weekend. Perfect! My pics are still trapped in my camera, but that will change this evening :)

Lauren  – (May 4, 2009 at 2:59 PM)  

Can we come eat at your house this week??? Your menu seems way more exciting :)

Can't wait to see pics from DMB!

Gleatie  – (May 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM)  

This is very weird but I literally told my husband tonight that the first thing I wanted to make when we move out of the hotel is Enchiladas!! I'm going to have to figure out how to copy and paste this recipe so I can keep it in my e-mail files! I don't have my recipe book here with me yet!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (May 4, 2009 at 3:17 PM)  

ooh i've been wanting to make enchiladas! so glad to welcome your sis=)! and i love avocado on my sandwiches too! awesome job on the planning=)

Christy  – (May 4, 2009 at 3:18 PM)  

I may have to try this enchiladas recipe - sounds delish!

Tara Gibson  – (May 4, 2009 at 3:19 PM)  

ummm yummmmmy! I so want mexican food now!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (May 4, 2009 at 6:58 PM)  

Sounds yum! Even though I don't cook, I may try these!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Megan  – (May 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM)  

Yuum! I am going to have to try that recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Emily  – (May 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM)  

can I come over and eat dinner every single night this week? or can you send me some yummy food? Every meal on your menu this week.. has me mouth watering:)

The Blonde Duck  – (May 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM)  

I love Enchiladas.

The girl who did the healthy krispie treats is Barbara at http://barbarabakes.blogspot.com. She put cranberries in hers, but I'm probably going to just stick to butter and marshmellows. Ode to marshmallows and how I love thee...

heather  – (May 5, 2009 at 3:56 PM)  

Hi There! I just found your blog from Emily's over at "Living Our Fairy Tale."

So cute!!

This recipe looks wonderful! Perfect for a Cinco De Mayo dinner!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP