Snagged!

I decided to take in this lovely afternoon by doing a little shopping during lunch. We have a super cute outside mall area over here which is nice since you don't have to actually go inside the mall. I have been dying to hit up BR since they got in all of their adorable summer clothes! I spent a while browsing and then started picking up cute tops, dresses and handbags left and right. The poor saleswoman asked me about 5 different times "Would you like me to put that in a room for you?" I definitely made her earn her commission! I struck out with most of the items. I'm not digging the baggy "flowy" shirts. It is not a good look for me at all. It's like throwing a pillowcase over my head. I know you can belt them, but you can only do the belted look so many times before people start thinking that's your only style. I had a couple of dresses with me but most of them had the same issue. Big pillowcase, no shape. Until I tried on the last one. It was a beauty! The Maxi dress!! I have tried on maxi dresses before and they just didn't do it for me. They all flowed straight down instead of having a nice cling under the bust. Well ladies, this one fits awesome! It comes with a bit of a steep price tag, but oh so worth it. I kept thinking how nice it's going to be when we are in FL this summer and I can just throw this on after a long day on the beach. It is a tad long. I can't wear it with flats, but I have several wedges that I can pair it with :) And you want to know what made me even more happy - it was the last one! I snagged the last green Maxi dress they had. That never happens to me! The lady said they have been selling out of these like crazy.

I then went inside Ann Taylor Loft. I was heading out the door when I noticed a super cute ruffle button down top. I picked it up and headed straight towards the dressing room. It fit super cute! Once again, thinking about Florida nights, days, dinners. I tried to find it online but no such luck. This one looks similar, kind of. Mine has a ruffle at the cap of the sleeves. It also has more pronounced ruffles on the front the of shirt. I guess this doesn't really look like it at all. Oh well. Sorry!
I can't believe it's only Tuesday! I woke up thinking it was Wednesday and we were half way through the week. I was pumped until I got to work and found out it was only Tuesday...whaa whaa.

Lauren  – (May 19, 2009 at 3:28 PM)  

Love the dress! I've always thought I wouldn't look good in Maxi dresses since I'm short but I'll have to try one on next time I'm at Banana!

gigi  – (May 19, 2009 at 6:34 PM)  

LOVE the dress! the shirt sounds cute too!

Jon and Steph  – (May 20, 2009 at 5:23 AM)  

I love maxi dresses! That one is so cute, green is one of my favorite colors!

Lucky in Love  – (May 20, 2009 at 7:44 AM)  

I'm loving that green dress! Great find...and last one! Go you :)

PinkSass  – (May 20, 2009 at 9:08 AM)  

Love me some maxi dresses! That green is just lovely.

Emily  – (May 20, 2009 at 9:10 AM)  

oh girl.. u and me have the same style since... but right now.. the flowy shirts are my savior but I do think they make me look bigger in the belly area than i really am.. but i do have a growuing baby in there:) I love the dress.. I cant wait to see pictures of you in it! soo cute! I have missed reading your blog:) so glad to be back in action:)muah!

Hailey HRH  – (May 20, 2009 at 9:21 AM)  

i just LOVE that dress! perfect color and different from most maxi's you see out there! good job.

what a fun way to spend lunch :)

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty  – (May 20, 2009 at 1:25 PM)  

I have the same objection to those flowy tops & most maxi dresses, but that one you found is lovely. I may have to take my BR coupon into the store this weekend . . .

Gwen  – (May 20, 2009 at 6:09 PM)  

I love the dress!!! I've been to affraid to try them because I'm worried they will stick to me like crazy. Beautiful shirt too!!! XOXO

Anonymous –   – (May 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM)  

absolutely love the maxi dresses. i was the same way with the baby doll dresses. it really does make a huge difference on your mood and how the dress is made.

i am so glad you were able to find one. i can not imagine my life with out mine!!!

Darci White  – (May 20, 2009 at 8:05 PM)  

very cute - i too am on the hunt (or about to be) for things for our florida trip! i cannot wait!

we will be in sandestin the 1st week of september........which seems like a decade away! :(

Julie Q  – (May 20, 2009 at 8:54 PM)  

that's so funny you said that about BR. I have this $30 coupon that i got last time I bought stuff there, and it expires on may 31st, and i've gone in there 3 times and still can't find a top that looks good on me! basically none of their new shirts are meant for boobies :)

i did score a really cute dress from ATL that's navy blue a-line with a ruffled neck line that i adore!

Anonymous –   – (May 21, 2009 at 12:45 PM)  

That Maxi dress is super cute - love the color!

Sara  – (May 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM)  

That is a cute dress. I might go try ot since the one with flowy tops always look bad on me too.

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (May 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM)  

great finds! so cute!! i have been wanting to find a maxi dress, love the color, and i'm loving the ruffles right now too!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars  – (May 26, 2009 at 1:29 PM)  

What great finds! It's hard to find flowy tops at Banana, because their fit is always so short... not flattering on anyone! I'm sure you look fabs in your dress and top, though!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP