Cinco de Mayo - Ay ya ya

I love Cinco de Mayo. Especially when it's on the weekend and we go out to our fave Mexi restaurant (Tiempo!) and party it up with our amigos! This year, with it being during the week, I decided to have our own fiesta en mi casa. OK, I'm done, promise! We had tostadas, guacamole, and chips and salsa. I made the bucket of margaritas from this post but I forgot the limeade :( They weren't as slushy as they should have been, but still did the job! It made quite a few. I had 2 and Beau had...well, who's counting right. He may or may not have had a couple, few or several of his favorites, whiskey and coke, after he finished off the margs. Egh! Makes me sick just thinking about it! Needless to say we - and I say "we" because I couldn't go to sleep - were up until after midnight. Beau went to the study and started blaring all sorts of songs from Limewire! Anything from screwed rap (oh boy!) to Evanescence? He's so weird! It was quite the list of songs. And they were blaring! I'm amazed that he was able to get himself up this morning for work. I did hear him rummaging through the pantry for Motrin. That must have been some headache!

Love this dress. I bought it at Anthro a couple of years ago and have only worn it once! I decided to bust it out for our dinner. I love putting on a cute dress for dinner at the house with the Mr. :) It somehow makes dining in a little more special! I don't think he minds one bit....

Food!

Digging in!

I hope you all had a great Cinco de Mayo! So excited that tomorrow is Thursday!! Getting closer to the weekend. We are heading out of town again this weekend for a party/bbq/second reception for our friends that got married a couple of weeks ago. Lots of food and dancing!! Should be another fun weekend. And ladies, don't forget your mommas on Sunday! We're lucky enough to have my parents so close, so we are dropping miss Daisy off before we head out of town and picking her up on Sunday. That way I get to spend the afternoon with my special momma! :) Just picked her present up today and I LOVE it!

Chelsea  – (May 6, 2009 at 8:34 PM)  

HAAAAAAAAA! I have to say I thoroughly enjoy this post since I was on the phone with you AFTER you concluded your evening! I don't know if my favorite was Aaron hollerin "the blog world's on fire" OR him belting out drunk tunes to My Immortal...Haaaaaaaa!!

I lovve Daaaaaa Bear!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (May 6, 2009 at 8:49 PM)  

Hey! Sounds good! I didn't do anything for cinco this year...I love your dress! And your house looks so cute!

Lauren  – (May 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM)  

Haha you guys crack me up! I can totally see Aaron back in his study messing with the tunes....love it!

Jon and Steph  – (May 7, 2009 at 5:06 AM)  

YUM! I LOVE Mexican food, it is by far my favorite. Everything looked delish.

Super cute dress ;)

yours truly...  – (May 7, 2009 at 7:28 AM)  

YUMMY!! Ay ya ya!!!!!

haha, super cute dress!! And just the thought of whiskey and coke paired with margaritas is enough to make me not drink forever...or at least the next couple of days! :)

Have a great Thursday!! The weekend is almost here!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (May 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM)  

yummy! i love you dress, you look great! it is so fun to put on a cute dress to go out with the hubs, i def agree!

it is everlasting  – (May 7, 2009 at 1:27 PM)  

Such a cute dress-- you're right there is something about dressing up for dinner with your man that makes it special. I need to start doing that more often!

In This Wonderful Life  – (May 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM)  

super cute pics!! looks like fun :) and i love the dress!

Mandy Rose  – (May 7, 2009 at 2:50 PM)  

You look adorable in your dress!! I love cinco de mayo too!! We made fajita's and nachos!

Too bad we live so far away...I would have loved to attend your fiesta! :)

Emily  – (May 7, 2009 at 2:53 PM)  

ahhh! sooo fun.. all the food looks soo soo good! and I love your dress too! darling! like you:)

LyndsAU  – (May 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM)  

sounds like fun girl!! you look so cute in that dress :)
glad yall had a blast en su casa :)

Elizabeth  – (May 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM)  

Everything looked delish! I love your dress. :)

Gleatie  – (May 11, 2009 at 1:32 PM)  

My husband and his friends do the same weirdo music thing. One morning after playing poker until about 3am my friend and I found one guy passed out under the poker table, one in the dog's bed, and one just on the floor with SARAH McLAUGHLIN blaring. I'm dying laughing just sitting here tying this. It is SO unlike all these guys but apparently the mood struck! :) Your food looked excellent! I could kill someone for some good mexican food over here in Germany!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP