Manic Monday

Here is the way my morning has gone:

I wake up, turn on my straightener, finish "putting my face on" (as my mimi calls it) and went to do my hair. I got through the left side and went to do the right when I noticed that it wasn't hot. At all! Umm I don't know about you, but I NEED to straighten my hair in the morning! It's just not possible not to. Thankfully I still have my trusty curling iron and was able to smooth out some of the frizz.

Then I went to let Daisy out and she has found a new love. Digging! She ran in the house with mud all over her paws and I'm chasing her so she doesn't get all over our carpet. I put her in her cage, pack up and head to work.

I then receive a call from our alarm company telling me that there has been a break in at our house at the back door. Are you kidding me????? So I rush home, panicking mind you, and sit in my car in our cul-de-sac for almost an hour waiting for the cop to show. He never showed so I went down and got the girl at the model home. Seriously what were we going to do? We walked through the backyard and I looked at the door and it was just slightly opened. I wasn't about to go up to the door, but the chick I was with just walked right in! Apparently she's much more brave than I am!! It appeared that the door was never locked and it had barely been shut and the wind knocked it open. False alarm! Do you know how stupid I feel?? I completely blame Daisy for this one. If she wouldn't have ran in with mud all over her feet I would have shut the door (completely) and locked it. Instead I go running after her and leave the door unlocked. You live and learn, I guess.

Happy Monday! It's back to work for this girl :(

Lauren  – (January 5, 2009 at 12:13 PM)  

Oh no! You have had quite a morning. Sounds like Daisy is in the dog house...

Nicole  – (January 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM)  

Oh for cryin' out loud! How irritating! You deserve a large cocktail when you get home tonight!

Authentically U  – (January 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM)  

Happy Monday back at ya!! Hope your have a much less eventful evening!!

Tara Gibson  – (January 5, 2009 at 2:10 PM)  

oh my goodness! what a morning! I think this calls for a glass of wine when you get home

Sweet Simplicity  – (January 5, 2009 at 2:30 PM)  

I hope your day gets better! I can't believe the cop never showed up!

Wearing Mascara  – (January 5, 2009 at 3:50 PM)  

That's so funny about the alarm! I'm so happy it wasn't for real!

Oh and I know what you mean about the straightener. I left mine at my mom's house and they sent it to me. It still isn't here yet (Oh my poor Chi how I miss you!)

xoxo

Morgan  – (January 5, 2009 at 4:27 PM)  

Aww, I know how you feel!! It seems like our alarm goes off more b/c of our false alarms than any burglars breaking in.

Darci White  – (January 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM)  

bless your heart! i hate days like that!

if it makes you feel any better, our alarm went off one day while i was at work (30 mins. - 1 hour away depending on traffic).

i got home, completely freaking out .....had told the police to not breakdown the back door, but to wait for me. it was our freaking ROOMBA robot vacuum! i guess we set the alarm to away and the sensors were set too low and caught it.

i was embarrassed to say the least. the two cops thought it was hilarious.

:-)

Mrs. Ruby  – (January 5, 2009 at 8:07 PM)  

What a day! At least it's almost over...and tomorrow can only get better. :)

Mandy Rose  – (January 5, 2009 at 11:05 PM)  

Thank goodness Monday is over! But, at least it makes for a pretty funny blog post! :) I enjoyed reading it if that makes it any better. haha!

Kari Beth  – (January 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM)  

Funny funny funny! What a day! Hope today (Tuesday) is better :)

Unknown  – (January 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM)  

I have nightmares about my world without a straightner. What did we EVER do without them??!!

amy (metz) walker  – (January 7, 2009 at 6:49 PM)  

Oops, I've done the back door thing but we didn't have an alarm at the time! Sounds like a crazy day!

Danielle Moss  – (January 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM)  

What exactly do you want to do with photoshop (or elements)? If you want to, email me and I'll be happy to help.

Rachel  – (January 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM)  

What a way to start the week - hope it got better!!!

BTW - I know I am behind - but the Margarita Machine you got your parents is AWESOME!! That was my V-day gift last year and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP