Weekend Happenings

Hello ladies!! How was every one's weekend?? We had another eventful couple of days. I'll have to make this quick because I have some catching up to do at work (re: sick)

Friday night Beau and I met up with my sis (Chee) for some yummy Mexican food at the delicious Armandos and then out for some drinks. It was a blast as usual to get to hang out with her.


Saturday morning I woke up and was craving sausage, biscuits and gravy. Well all I had was the sausage, so I made our gravy and biscuits from scratch - without a recipe, mind you. Let me just say, don't ever attempt this unless you really know what you are doing. I didn't know you could screw up biscuits so bad, but I did. Beau ate it all up like there was no tomorrow. I opted for cereal instead :) I'll tell you who else like the biscuits. Miss Daisy! She's found out that she can jump up and reach the counter tops now. (Did I mention that she's HUGE! What happened to my baby D?) When she first did it we thought it was adorable....now, not so much. She is up there all the time and I caught her doing this:


Now do you think I scolded her? No! I'm a wuss and she looked so cute. My kids are totally going to walk all over me.... I spent the rest of the morning cleaning and then we headed to see my parents. They had asked us to come over for steaks and I wasn't about to pass that up! Oh and PappaT got a new car so I had to check out his new "whip" - I think that's the slang kids are using these days. I'm officially in love with his car! It's fast and shiny and smells so good! He and momma have coined it the "silver bullet" named after their favorite beer, of course. Check out those wheels. It's a beauty!


And I'll leave you with an image of my lil sis, Binks. Not sure why we call her Binks, maybe because when she was a baby she loved her "binky" aka pacifier. Who knows. Anyways, this is what happens when you leave an 8 year old alone with your camera. Check out that nose! HA She's totally going to hate me for posting this. I love that little girl!

Happy Monday!!

Lauren  – (January 26, 2009 at 3:07 PM)  

I can't believe you attempted to make biscuits from scratch - you are brave!! I love the picture of Daisy with her paws on the counter - such a cute little girl. All in all, looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Lindsey  – (January 26, 2009 at 3:09 PM)  

Wow you are so domestic!!! And love the picture where she is on the counter looking at those biscuits, too funny!

Danielle Moss  – (January 26, 2009 at 10:34 PM)  

I'm impressed with the biscuits. I baked a pie from scratch once :)

Just the one time, though.

Megan  – (January 27, 2009 at 10:37 AM)  

That picture of your dog is adorable!!!

Unknown  – (January 27, 2009 at 12:37 PM)  

hi! just came across your blog and I love it! :)

Sweet Simplicity  – (January 27, 2009 at 1:20 PM)  

I love that you caught Daisy in the act. Its such a cute picture!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP