Christmas Highlights

Wow, so much to blog about! I'm sure most of you blogged about your Christmases last week, but I'm a little behind. I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. That's bad ladies! It's been one of those weeks, err months.

Let's take it back a few days to Christmas eve. Beau and I went to our Christmas eve church service and it was AMAZING! I seriously thought they had the Trans-Siberian Orchestra there. (On a side, we are now official members of our church as of 12/6/08!! It was a very exciting day for us and we can't wait to get more involved.) It was decorated so beautifully. We had a candle lighting ceremony and it was very emotional. The room was lit up and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. So pretty!
We came back to our house after church and opened up our gifts to each other since we were going to be staying at my parents house that night. We went ahead and got small gifts for each other aside from the elliptical and rifle scope. Here's what I had: a beautiful gold locket and Yoga Toes from my fabulous-ly funny hubby!! Love them!
Jesus' birthday cake!
Next is Christmas day at my parents house!! My mom got me, my sister and herself some new furry Uggs! (Above) And this beautiful Dogeared "daughter" necklace. I teared up pretty good when I got this one. Sweet gift!I have to give a shout-out to my precious parents for celebrating their 28th anniversary this last Saturday!! I love this picture of them. I ran out of chairs since we had the whole fam over so I used some dining room chairs and they sit very low! I like how they are doing the 2&8 with their hands. This, of course, was after a few glasses of the ole' vino :)

Below is the gift that my aunt gave them, Margaritaville Blender. You should have seen my dads face light up when he opened this! I have to admit, I'm a tad jealous :)
Whew that was a long post!! I had a feeling this post was going to be filled with pictures. Thanks for being patient with me through it all :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and got everything you were wanting! You all deserve nothing but the best!



P.S. We finally got our room fixed from hurricane damages. It has been over 3 months sleeping in the guest room!! We built our house and were in it for maybe 3 months and then BOOM! We had carpet in there, but decided to go with wood floors. So glad we did! I love them!!

Lauren  – (December 29, 2008 at 7:22 PM)  

That's great you guys found a church near you. Oh, and your new floors look fabulous!

Anonymous –   – (December 29, 2008 at 8:39 PM)  

Love the sister gifts! You and the Beau are too cute opening your gifts and your bedroom looks so fantastic and cozy. And, congrats to The Parents!!! Was so happy to see your name in my Reader just now. xo, N

Darci White  – (December 29, 2008 at 10:06 PM)  

love the wood floors & the birthday cake!

you'll love having wood floors in there - so much easier to keep clean than carpet!

Lindsey  – (December 30, 2008 at 9:37 AM)  

Aww congrats on becoming members of the church!! So glad you found a church you love!

Sweet Simplicity  – (December 30, 2008 at 10:42 AM)  

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! I love the room redo. Its gorgeous!
When I was little we used to make Jesus a b-day cake every year. We should start doing that again. Its a great reminder of what we are really celebrating.

LyndsAU  – (December 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM)  

what a great Christmas!! :) And so sweet pic of your parents :)
Floors look AWESOME!!! I want!

KatieSaysSo  – (January 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM)  

Ok a few things....

1. I love wood floors
2. I dont care what anyone says..I love Uggs too..
3. Your mother is beautiful
4. How cute is that birthday cake?

Love your blog!

Mrs. Ruby  – (January 3, 2009 at 2:35 PM)  

So happy you're back to blogging again. Sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas. Happy New Year! :)

Hollie  – (January 3, 2009 at 2:52 PM)  

the pic of the three of you in your uggs is adorable.

and your wood floors look great!!!

Mandy Rose  – (January 4, 2009 at 12:03 AM)  

Love that your ma has such great taste! And, seriously, your parents look extremely hip.

The wood floors look gorgeous!! Great choice!!

Cute pics all together! So glad to see you had posted!

Christi  – (January 6, 2009 at 4:17 PM)  

love what i can see of our bedroom...show more!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP