It's beginning to look a lot like....



Christmas! The beau and I went out this weekend and bought our Christmas decorations. You have no idea how excited I was while we were perusing the aisles! He was such a trooper too; especially putting up with my indecisiveness..."should we have gold, silver and red ornaments, or just gold and red, or maybe green and silver, or a combo??" I am dying to do a theme this year, but the ol' budget won't allow for it. So we went with white lights and gold/red ornaments. I am hoping to go back this next weekend for the sales and get some "specialty" ornaments that can go along with the gold/red combo. We also bought our outdoor lights and garland. I can't wait to get it all up! We were both itching to do it yesterday, but thought our neighbors would think we were overdoing it. Friday can't come soon enough!

This weekend is a short one at work and I am so looking forward to spending some time with my family and my grandmother who is coming into town. I can't wait to just hang out with her and talk. She was my inspiration when it came to cooking. I loved baking with her and my mom, especially around the holidays. Unfortunately, in the last couple of years she has come down with Dementia and doesn't really remember much about cooking. She made the most fabulous meals though!

I hope everyone has a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous –   – (November 24, 2008 at 2:01 PM)  

Hey! I left you an award on my page...come check it out :)

Nette  – (November 24, 2008 at 2:02 PM)  

Hey-I love your holiday design on your blog! It looks great!

LyndsAU  – (November 24, 2008 at 2:08 PM)  

Yay for Christmas decor shoping-i did the same yesterday! Gets you in the mood :)

Unknown  – (November 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM)  

I did some decor shopping as well!

Olde Town Style Guide  – (November 24, 2008 at 3:00 PM)  

I just love christmas decor shopping!! It is a blast! Especially when you don't have anything and you are starting from scratch! I ended up getting our decor at Target - and spent way too much money!!

Can't wait to see pictures of your home all dressed up!

Simple Daisy  – (November 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM)  

Hi there..
I just love the holidays!! I have already begun my holiday decorating as well!! Yippee...

Anonymous –   – (November 24, 2008 at 4:52 PM)  

I totally rocked out to "Sounds of the Season" all weekend while I packed -- FAVORITE time of year!
The blog looks so festive, I absolutely love it!
xoxo

Sweet Simplicity  – (November 24, 2008 at 8:08 PM)  

My ornaments are red and gold too! It is very classic.

Mandy Rose  – (November 24, 2008 at 8:31 PM)  

My tree is decorated in red and gold too!! Great choice!! Can't wait to see pics!

Danielle Moss  – (November 24, 2008 at 10:15 PM)  

Can't wait to see the photos! I love Christmas :)

Lauren  – (November 25, 2008 at 8:54 AM)  

Love the new blog design! By the way, you've been tagged - have fun!!

Kari Beth  – (November 25, 2008 at 9:58 AM)  

Love the blog update! SO CUTE! I can't wait to see pics of your Christmas decor! Happy Thanksgiving :)

Lindsey  – (November 25, 2008 at 10:15 AM)  

Love decor shopping! Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

 – (November 27, 2008 at 12:20 AM)  

Just stumbled across your blog. Happy Thanksgiving :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP