Elections and Snakes

Last night, in honor of the election, I made several "state" dishes. I found the recipes on the fabulous website TasteBook. They were selling a cookbook called "Get out there and Vote" and they had so many fun recipes. I made good ol' Alabama sweet tea, Oklahoma cheese grits, grilled Texas style beef ribs, and Mississippi mud cake. Yeah, definitely didn't follow any sort of diet last night......at all! But it was election night and I thought it would be fun to make some good southern food.

So onto the snake portion of this post. When I was letting miss Daisy out last night I went back inside to let her do her business and looked to my right when what to my wondering eyes did appear.....a SNAKE! I was terrified. He was all coiled up and ready to strike. He was a few feet away from me so I got D inside and yelled for my big strong saviour. HA! Now, for those of you who know my hubby, he is completely and utterly terrified of spiders, bugs and yes, snakes. I couldn't even tell him it was a snake because I knew he would be half way out of the state if I did that, so I just said "honey you need to get out here quick!" He creeped out onto the patio and nearly jumped 10 feet in the air when he saw it. He ran in and got the shovel and his boots and came back out looking so redneck. Loved it!! After about 15 minutes of him going up to it and then running away he finally killed the darn thing. I later found out from the fabulous google that it was a small copperhead snake. Glad it's dead now! Oh and pay no mind to the snakes head. After it had been dead for a good while he started feeling confident and smashed the snakes head with his boot. What a strong man!

Unknown  – (November 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM)  

And that right there is what men are great for....getting the rodents and bug VERY far away from us women!
AMEN!

Miss CJAC  – (November 5, 2008 at 4:09 PM)  

oh yum!! I love good ole' Southern cooking! It's my favorite! :)

Milltini  – (November 5, 2008 at 4:17 PM)  

Gosh, I really really really really really hate snakes.

Gwen  – (November 5, 2008 at 4:44 PM)  

OMG!!!! Thank goodness you got away from him in time!!

Several weeks ago our cat tried to kill a snake in our basement and then left it in our living room. Which I then found in the dark and poked at what I thought was a dog toy. After I turned on the lights hysteria set in when I saw a bleeding snake on my living room carpet. There's a great story that goes along with it & pictures of it too on my blog. I think it was in late September or early October. I'm sure it was titled P.S. I hate snakes!!

Lauren  – (November 5, 2008 at 8:13 PM)  

eek - I'm glad it didn't get Daisy!

I love the picture of Aaron in his boots with his shovel - such a brave man!!

Megan  – (November 5, 2008 at 10:11 PM)  

oh. my. gosh. Just looking at that picture of that snake gives me shivers!!! I would have freaked out!!

Rachel  – (November 6, 2008 at 8:14 AM)  

I HATE snakes!! Such a funny story - my hubby is the same way. He tried to act like he is not scared, but he always screams like a girl =)

Hollie  – (November 6, 2008 at 8:28 PM)  

I had one by my car the first year I was married and my hubby thought I was nuts when I jumped onto the hood.
seriously, snakes and I are mortal enemies.

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (November 7, 2008 at 1:29 AM)  

Ooh the food sounds yummy! I would have yelled for Hubby right away if I saw a snake too, ahh!

Globetrottingbride  – (November 7, 2008 at 10:31 AM)  

Thanks so much for following my blog! I checked yours out and I love it so I'm following you to! Have a great weekend!!

Chic Runner  – (November 11, 2008 at 3:20 PM)  

Ha ha, I do that too with the bf. Love your blog too.... Now I'm a follower. :) So glad you are getting back into running! you can totally do it! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP