Does this make me a loser.....

That my parents have more Christmas parties and events to go to than I do?? My mom has called me several times to see if the Beau and I are available to babysit my little sis. We have no plans so of course we're available!! My company is foregoing their Christmas party this year and if the Mr.'s company is having one then I won't find out until the weekend after they've had it. I doubt any of the neighbors will have one since it's a new street and no one has really gotten a chance to meet everyone. I could always host something, but do I really want that pressure? Nah! I just want to show up somewhere and have some fantastic (free) cocktails and delicious food. So I'm just wondering if anyone else is going through this right now or am I the only one.

On a side note. I went shopping today at lunch and got some pretty good Christmas gifts. I also found some stuff for the house and a couple of cute stocking holders. Can't wait to put up all of our Christmas stuff. Hope everyone is having a swell afternoon! Tomorrow's Friday!!

Chic Runner  – (November 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM)  

I feel the same way! My company is too small to have a party, and I have so many cute dresses and no where to wear them too. :(

Lindsey  – (November 20, 2008 at 2:42 PM)  

Haha that is funny! I feel that way too sometimes about my parents.

Kari Beth  – (November 20, 2008 at 3:04 PM)  

Off the subject of your post but how did you get your cute signature?

Tks, KB

Lauren  – (November 20, 2008 at 3:13 PM)  

We're in the same boat. No parties for us either :(

How bout you guys come over to our place one night and we'll have our own little christmas party....puppies included!

Allison  – (November 20, 2008 at 4:02 PM)  

My parents definitely go to more parties than I do, but they're retired... their group of friends has time to spend planning them, plus the money to spend throwing them.

Megan  – (November 20, 2008 at 4:23 PM)  

My parents have always gone to more parties than me! My hubby and I both work at really small places so if we have a Christmas party it is just during a work day, nothing fancy. And I'm with you I do not want to have the pressure of throwing my own! Maybe a couple of years down the road. Yay for getting cute Christmas decorations! I have been looking for some myself.

Lulu  – (November 20, 2008 at 9:58 PM)  

Your parents are twice as old as you..so of course they have moer parties to go to!!

Think about how it would feel if no one ever invited them anywhere...

That would be so sad!!

Lulu

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (November 21, 2008 at 11:54 AM)  

Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is adorable!

I do feel you on this. We are in a new town and don't know anyone so, we are missing out on all of the invitations back home. I wish I was having a Christmas party, but I don't have anyone to invite! But, I'd love to be close enough to home to keep my little brother.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP