Yeah, I mow

Can we talk for a second about how deathly hot it is?? If you live in TX or any surrounding states in the South you know what I mean. It's been over 100 with 189% humidity for the last few weeks and I'm already sick of it! I break a sweat the second I walk out the door. It's gross. So yesterday, I took a break from the 16 and pregnant marathon (does anyone else feel like they're promoting teen pregnancy??) and went to take Aaron some water while he was outside mowing - really just thinking I was going out to get some sun. I figured if I was already in a sweat I might as well get my tan on. As I watched Aaron come through the backyard with the lawnmower, I thought to myself "I can do that!" I mean how hard is it to mow? Plus it's a great workout I'm sure. I mean, as long as you don't pass out. So I asked him if I could take over for a sec. He nervously said "Ok?" I don't think he liked handing over one of his "man tools" to me but he obliged. I think he was also nervous about the fact that I was a) in a dress and b) barefoot - my mom is gasping right now I'm sure! So I took the bull by the horns, or mower by the handle and went to town. I did pretty good, only stepped on a few of Daisy's landmines, eww, note to husband: please scoop before you mow next time! I get to the middle of the yard and am sweating like nobody's business and I look up and lo and behold there is my husband with this goofy grin on his face holding my camera and snapping away. Apparently he had been doing this the whole time! He then says with a chuckle "You have to blog this!" I had no idea this was going on until I looked up (last pic) and saw him with my camera. You may think that was a smile, but it was really the look of death! I finished up my area and handed it back to him. I looked disgusting! But I felt the need to document this as leverage for our next fight, which will happen, on womanly versus manly duties of the house. I mowed sweetie, which means you can now vacuum and do the laundry! Although, my left shoulder is a little sore and I might have some blisters on my hands. Maybe I'll stick to my indoor cleaning after all.




Oh yeah and yesterday we *almost* bought a puppy! We left church and went to lunch and on our way out the parking lot there was a woman selling lab puppies. We immediately fell in love with a yellow male. He had a white tipped tail and white paws. Precious! My husband, who has been trying to convince me that we need another dog, fell in love. I mean he was hard core smitten by this dog. I'm normally not one to go looking for dogs off the side of the road but the second he saw them we had to stop. A held the one for a while and then said to the lady, without notice "How much are they? $200. "Do you take checks?" Cash only. Did he really just seal the deal without my input?? So we get back in his truck to go find a bank. That's when I knew I had to be the rational one and remind him about our Florida trip this Wednesday. "Oh crap!" he says. I say that we need to call the kennel to make sure they will take care of a 7 week old puppy. And she gives me the news that I know will break A's heart - they have an age minimum of 4 months. :( So, I had the be the bad guy and let my poor husband down. He had already picked out a name for him too. Not even going to say what it was because it was absolutely ridiculous. Just know that we will not be choosing a Zodiac sign for our dog's name! Egh! The whole ride home he was quiet. We got home and he said this, no lie "My heart hurts." I'm thinking I might have to check and see if he still has cajones or not? HA, kidding babe.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! It's a short week for us. We leave for this Wednesday!! Holla!

Unknown  – (July 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM)  

Husby would have bought the puppy and brought him home to meet me. He is dying to get a dog. Congrats on mowing the lawn! I've always wanted to try it...

Sweet Simplicity  – (July 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM)  

This post is cracking me up! It is way too hot to even stop outside, let alone mow. I think we will have to wait until it gets dark and then mow by flashlight. I mow the back (which is smaller) and the hubs mows the front. It is a good compromise.

Dollface  – (July 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM)  

wow look at you mowing the lawn!!! and I hope you get a puppy.. how cute!! xxoxoo

Jon and Steph  – (July 13, 2009 at 3:09 PM)  

Way to go mowing the lawn in that heat! I used to mow with my husband in the OK heat and OH MY GAW, it's horrific!

But you looked adorable mowing in your dress ;)

Heather @ Simple Wives  – (July 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM)  

The heat is ridiculous right now!

Fun pics!

Sole Matters  – (July 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM)  

"My heart hurts" OMG! I would have been like, "OKAY!! Lets go get the dog!!!" Im such a sucker.

Those pics of you mowing the lawn are awesome! Ive never done it before, but its on my "To Do" List.

Rachel  – (July 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM)  

You crack me up mowing =)!! It is stupid hot and I sooooo done with it!!!!

Have fun on your vacation!!

Chic Runner  – (July 13, 2009 at 5:54 PM)  

Ha ha ha! this post is amazing! Nice job on the mowing and too bad about the puppy. Oh well, you can find another one! :)

d.a.r.  – (July 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM)  

Awesome post!!! Congrats on mowing the lawn. That is a husband job in our household, for sure!

Jacylann Nix  – (July 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM)  

AHAHA you are killing me! I so mow barefoot & people give me the hardest time ! go you!! & i love that your husband got the camera..you have him trained :P

Milltini  – (July 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM)  

Hehehe!!! Look at you in your precious dress out their mowing! You are too cute.

Amy Lynn  – (July 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM)  

You go girl!!! I mow too! My boyfriend does the weedeating and edging, and I mow. I live S. Fl and it sure is HOT here too, so I feel your pain!!!!

Jordan  – (July 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM)  

TX gal here, and this heat is insane. I've been here all my life, and I don't know that I will ever be able to tolerate 100+ degree weather.

Brava to you with the lawnmower! I don't do it because of allergies - oh darn! ;)

In This Wonderful Life  – (July 13, 2009 at 10:55 PM)  

you are ONE BRAVE GIRL!!! There is no way in hell I could get myself outside to mow!! I am a maker of all things pretty inside! good job though :)

Lauren  – (July 14, 2009 at 7:45 AM)  

I'm impressed! You won't catch me out there mowing!

Have fun on your trip, can't wait to hear all about it!

Hailey HRH  – (July 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM)  

omg i have never mowed in my life! i would have been a disaster! very impressed - and in a dress no less? the only thing you were missing were some high heels :)

that is the cutest thing i have ever heard "my heart hurts" poor guy. he needs a dog!

Lucky in Love  – (July 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM)  

I've never even touched a lawn mower...so good for you!! :)

Too bad about the puppy! Hope you two can find one that you love just as much when it's the right time.

Arlynn  – (July 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM)  

I LOVE this post, too funny & totally soemthing I'd do!

I've enjoyed your blog so much that I thought I'd tag you for some bloggy fun today. Enjoy!!!

Brown Girl  – (July 14, 2009 at 10:21 AM)  

I used to mow my mom's lawn for her all the time, it was a great workout! Good for you!

Sole Matters  – (July 14, 2009 at 11:57 AM)  

In response to your comment on my blog: You TOTALLY need to see Twilight!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP