I will make you fishers of men.....

....if you follow me :)


Anyone else remember that one from Sunday school? Well I figured I should get to posting the remainder of our vacation pics. We had such a great time while we were there and I had to show you some of the beauty that we were able to see. My dad scheduled us a private offshore fishing trip and it was a blast! I had never been before and I think every girl should try it, at least once. I have to tell you that the views on the way out to our first stop had me on a high. It was so amazing how beautiful everything was. I literally could not take my eyes off the ocean, the sky, the sights all around. I normally try to steer away from waking up early on trips, but we were out of bed by 5 and on the boat by 6. Which made for some nice sunrise shots. I never realized how obsessed I was with lighthouses, but 100 pictures later, apparently I am. But hey, I don't see this stuff everyday. On the boat was me, sister Chels, dad, cousin Jarrett, uncle Winston and Aaron - also the order of pics below.

the barracuda I caught...no big deal, just the biggest catch of the day.

my honey, doing his usual: rum/coke, listening to iPod, chillin' on the deck

(part of the family) family pic: grandpa, me, grandma, great uncle Paul, aka the coolest guy around, dad, sister and Momma - FYI those are cover-ups, not dresses, we were headed to the beach.

Oh to be back on vacation. It wasn't long enough, not that they ever are. I miss the ocean. I love the ocean. I have since I was a little girl when my parents would take my sister and I to this very beach. Our condo was actually right across the street from my grandma's house she grew up in. It's such an adorable home. We used to stay there when we would come to visit my great grandma. We've made this trip more times than I can remember. This time was so special since all of my dad's side of the family was able to join. I know these trips are numbered as we all get older and lives change, but I am glad that I was able to make this one. It was nice to wake up and my family all be in one space together again. My mom up, settling into the kitchen like she's lived in this place for years, making a wonderful breakfast and coffee, dad drinking said coffee, sitting on the balcony staking out our spots on the beach, sisters sleeping in because after all this is vacation, and me soaking it all in. It was just like old times. I miss those old times. But, I'm a grown up married person now. Which I love, believe me. It is just hard to forget the family times though, when that's all you knew for so long. But we did make many more great memories and I surely won't forget them!

Christy  – (July 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM)  

I most definitely remember that song!

Looks like it was a lovely and relaxing vacation!

Kirsten Blowers  – (July 29, 2009 at 11:47 PM)  

You go girl! Look at the size of that fish!! Wonderful pictures...So glad the whole fam was there! ;)

Kirsten

Anonymous –   – (July 29, 2009 at 11:55 PM)  

Great pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful vaca!

Lucky in Love  – (July 30, 2009 at 6:50 AM)  

Oh my. It is gorgeous there!

So glad you got to spend that time with your family!

Lauren  – (July 30, 2009 at 7:46 AM)  

Great pics! I think the one with the fish on the dock is really cool! I also think you look pretty stylish in your fishing shirt :)

I'm glad you guys had fun!

Sole Matters  – (July 30, 2009 at 8:20 AM)  

amazing pics!! looks like you had a great vaca!

CTB  – (July 30, 2009 at 8:30 AM)  

Your trip sounds amazing! I love to fish, so I'm super jealous. Congrats on the biggest catch of the day! I hope you gloated!

Brown Girl  – (July 30, 2009 at 9:59 AM)  

Those are great pictures! I've only been fishing once but really liked it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin  – (July 30, 2009 at 11:38 AM)  

I love family vacays!! That lighthouse pic is fab!

Chic Runner  – (July 30, 2009 at 12:08 PM)  

Love all the pictures! what a gorgeous setting! :) Glad you had a great time!

Heather @ Simple Wives  – (July 30, 2009 at 4:34 PM)  

Whoa! Haven' heard that song in years!

Love the pictures!

Perfectly Imperfect  – (July 31, 2009 at 1:24 PM)  

What a cute blog you have! So glad I stumbled over here!! Looks like you had a great vacation!!

Unknown  – (August 2, 2009 at 6:54 PM)  

Your vacation looks so relaxing & fun!

Megan  – (August 3, 2009 at 10:20 AM)  

I can SO relate to what you said in the last paragraph about missing the old times even though you love life now. Sometimes I get so sad thinking aobut the old times with my family and how that time is over - but I know I have the future to look forward too. Growing up is so strange! I am glad you understand how I feel. Some people think I am crazy! I guess it means that we had good childhood's and families!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP