Oh Baby

My lovely husband sent me an email yesterday informing me that he needed a gift for a baby shower they were hosting at his office today. Umm, ok. Talk about short notice. We rode into work together yesterday which meant that I got to wait around for him to get off. I'm not one that enjoys waiting, but I sucked it up. I knew there would be an Italian dinner and some wine in my future so that held me over. After dinner we ran into Target where the couple was registered. Normally I would have gone into a cute boutique and picked up a wondeful baby outfit because I'm obsessed with children's boutiques. But with such short notice I had no time to be creative. So we printed the registry and went shopping! As we were looking through the baby clothes I could hear Aaron and his "aww's" as he was browsing. He then came up behind me with a big hug and whispered "let's have a baby." Eeek! Now, I think that is adorable!! And I know we both are dying to have kids...one day. Just not quite yet. But it's so easy to get caught up in all the baby fever when you're standing smack dab in the middle of baby heaven! We were seriously like 2 kids in a candy store. We had our bounce and plays picked out, the little vibrating seat that our little ones will drift off to sleep in one day, and our baby girls pj's that said "I love daddy." I'm sure people thought we were nuts! We decided we needed to get busy with picking out a gift. I think we went a little overboard. We kept grabbing things for the shower left and right. I knew we had racked up quite the bill and was a little worried to go check out. We grabbed 2 bottles of Fetzer on the way up that were $5.99 (you can't pass that up people!) and the total was just short of $100! Did we really just spend over $80 on a shower gift? Whoops! Aaron was a little shocked to say the least. Especially considering that he rarely works with this guy and I've maybe met him once. Oh well! It's all for the baby, right! So we finally made it home around 10 and I was exhausted! I went to bed and can you guess what I dreamed about? Yep, I was pregnant, standing in our bathroom where I get ready every morning and my water broke! It was the weirdest dream and was so real that it made me nervous! The funny thing is that I didn't even have a baby belly. I looked like me, no bump, but my water broke? Maybe it was my body telling me that I needed to go to the bathroom :)

Oh and I was going back through my posts because I noticed that I had reached my 100th already and completely missed it. You wanna know which post was numero 100? This ONE! Cue twilight song. Kind of crazy. Not to mention the fact that my grandma relayed to me about 15 times a day while we were on vacation that she wanted me to give her some great grandchildren. Not even kidding! She said I will have twin boys and a little girl. Oh and she'll outfit the nurseries too. As long as I have them by January 17 of 2011. Oh Memaw! All I could do was laugh!

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.)  – (July 23, 2009 at 2:50 PM)  

I enjoy your blog and love the wedding pics! My big day is in 3 months so I love all things wedding.
Thanks for sharing.
-Heather

Hailey HRH  – (July 23, 2009 at 2:50 PM)  

awe - that is the SWEETEST thing in the world! how precious :)

its kind of nice that you can share the ride to work and home together!

Brunch at Saks  – (July 23, 2009 at 2:57 PM)  

Just found your blog and so happy I did- it is lovely! Looking forward to reading more of your posts :) XOXO

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (July 23, 2009 at 2:59 PM)  

How sweet is your man! That is so cute! I've accidently spent more than I wanted to on gifts, but hey, what are ya gonna do!

Sole Matters  – (July 23, 2009 at 3:20 PM)  

I totally know what you mean! I was in Babies R Us the other day for a friend of mine and I went WAY overboard! Made me want a baby real bad! (Im 25 and single, btw!)

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (July 23, 2009 at 3:58 PM)  

by the way...I'm curious. What industry are you in? I know youre in Houston but I was wondering what you did? Not really where you work, just what your job was...This is me being nosey!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (July 23, 2009 at 4:34 PM)  

Hehe..tend to be super nosey! I used to do PR for a petrochemical company...and kinda wish I still did! I worked in the Galleria area though. I'm thinking about trying to get back into it. Good money!

Rachel  – (July 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM)  

Cute post!! One day you will be a wonderful mom!! Yall enjoy yourselves now, but don't wait too long =)!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (July 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM)  

that is so cute!! and you guys are so sweet and generous!! you two will have soo much fun whenever the time is right=)! i love it!

yours truly...  – (July 23, 2009 at 5:54 PM)  

LOVED this post!! So sweet!! I can't wait to start reading about a future little "brown-eyed baby"!!! LOL!!

Chic Runner  – (July 23, 2009 at 7:22 PM)  

Ah so cute :) ha ha sometimes I say that to the r as a joke and I push out my stomach and it makes him SO mad ha ha ha. I love it. :) your man is the best, you two are SO cute :) Good job on the gift :)

Lucky in Love  – (July 24, 2009 at 7:33 AM)  

Ha! So cute!

I think it is really easy to get caught up in gift giving for showers. It's so easy to spend so much on those little ones :)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars  – (July 24, 2009 at 1:50 PM)  

How precious! What a fun shopping trip.

Fetzer for $5.99??? Too good to be true!

Kari Beth  – (July 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM)  

ummm. . .i smell a baby in your very near future! ha ha! you will make a gorgeous mommy one day!

and, what is fetzer?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP