Painters

2 weeks ago my lovely husband started painting our kitchen while I was out shopping. He told me that he was going to surprise me on which green he chose because we couldn't decide on one. I got home and I initially loved the color. However, at night it was so lime green it almost glowed! I felt like I was inside a margarita glass. Not a bad thought, but you don't want that on your walls! Here is the first test color - margarita green :)


We both hated the bright green so the next day we got together and picked up another color. The man at the hardware store promised us that this next color would be the perfect tone for a kitchen and it was "the most popular color choice." Yuck! I hated it the second it went on, but we decided to paint the whole kitchen just to be sure. It reminded me of a creamy mint or sea foam green. It was just awful! But I felt so bad for Aaron since he had painted so much already. We decided to keep it on for a week - PTL we had no guests - and change it the next weekend.
This last Sunday we started at it again. Aaron went back to the store and picked out a new green. And this time it worked! It's the perfect green shade. It's a little deeper than it shows up on pictures. But I really love it! It flows really good with the living room too. Our house is so open, which is nice, but then you have to make sure each room has similar colors. So it makes it interesting! And yes, we still have the blue tape on the walls. We have to do some touch ups so we are keeping it on until we are completely done!

I do believe we are done with painting for a while. This kitchen kicked our butts trying to get it perfect so we are taking a break! And speaking of a break, Aaron and I are heading to Florida next Wednesday for a family vacation!! I could not be more thrilled. We have so much planned already and I am ex-cited! My dad booked us a deep sea fishing trip so I'm pumped about that. I've never been fishing in the ocean so it should be a fun experience. I can't wait to get a cute Columbia fishing shirt and dress the part :) Of course I turn our fishing trip into something about clothes....

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (July 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM)  

Looks good! Yeah, the first one was a little margarita-ish! that's a lot of work, I can imagine how glad you must be to be done with it!

Have fun in Florida! Take some motion pills before you go deep sea fishing! I pretty much grew up in a boat but the first time I went deep sea fishing my sister and I were hanging over the side of the boat the entire time! But...it's a blast!

Lauren  – (July 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM)  

Haha - I know it's not that funny but I'm giggling over the fact that Aaron painted the kitchen 3 times! I'm sure he needed a marg (or two) after that!

However, I think the 3rd choice turend out fab! Can't wait to see it!

ashley  – (July 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM)  

i actually love the first and last green! (and i don't know if i could have made it a week with the inbetween one lol), i'm just shocked that your hubby picked out the first one. it's the sort of color that's been banned from my decor choices since moving in with my hubby haha.

d.a.r.  – (July 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM)  

I actually kinda like the margarita color, haha! It is a bit bright though...the third color looks fab!

Elizabeth  – (July 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM)  

Our kitchen is the margarita color with a black and white checked tile floor :) I do love the color you ended up with. Very pretty. :)

Dollface  – (July 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM)  

ooo i think the green really compliments the dark wood... this is amazing!! go you! xxxoo

Sole Matters  – (July 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM)  

I love the final color you picked! What is it called?

Chic Runner  – (July 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM)  

I love that color! It is by far the best one :) Man, what a hassle having to go through the first two but at least you know what you like now :) YAY!

Julie Q  – (July 9, 2009 at 5:09 PM)  

like the color! and agreed, we always say 6 more months til the next project after we paint a room :)

Anonymous –   – (July 9, 2009 at 5:35 PM)  

Love the final color! Looks great!

Alison  – (July 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM)  

I love the final choice and what a nice husband you have to paint 3 times!!!

Unknown  – (July 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM)  

I can't believe you went through 3 greens!

Shoshanah  – (July 9, 2009 at 8:54 PM)  

You really painted your kitchen 3 times? Wow, I don't think I would have made it. I think the final green you picked really does work, and I love your cabinets!

Darci White  – (July 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM)  

Finding the right colors can be so tricky!! We have about 15 samples of green paint in our garage....I love green! It's a hard color to put on walls though - it never looks the same as it does on paper!

Oh - and the cute, silver, shimmery shorts are from Ann Taylor Loft. I LOVE them. They look way better in person.....I've only worn them twice, but both times I've gotten tons of compliments! I had mine hemmed up just a bit because I'm so short. They are very flattering and a little dressy, but still really comfortable.

Here's a link: http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=19759&N=1200261&categoryId=206&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_206&loc=LN&defaultColorNameFromCategory=Black&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses

Happy almost weekend!
-Darci

alyssa  – (July 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM)  

don't feel bad. i have to paint each room atleast 3 times :) picking the right shade is hard!!

Amy Lynn  – (July 9, 2009 at 11:18 PM)  

I love your final choice! My living room/dining room/kitchen is almost the same exact color and I LOVE it!!! P.S. Have fun in FL!!! It's my home :) I even own Columbia fishing shirts, they are amazing, and super comfy!!!

Jon and Steph  – (July 10, 2009 at 2:00 AM)  

Looks great, all that hard work finally paid off ;)

It makes me want to paint my place!

Brown Girl  – (July 10, 2009 at 6:56 AM)  

It looks great, goes really well with your cabinets!

Lucky in Love  – (July 10, 2009 at 8:49 PM)  

I think your final choice turned out perfect! Gorgeous!

So exciting about your trip! Hope you have a great time!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP