Baby Wise

This last weekend I spent hanging out at my parent's house. While I was there, my mom handed me a certain book and told me that it would be a good read pre-baby. She said it's the kind of book that you would want to read before you start trying so that you can be somewhat prepared when the time comes. I thought it seemed like a pretty good idea. No, we are not planning on trying anytime soon, but the book was there and she passed it on to me :) Also, I need to clarify that my mom is not the forcing baby issue. At all! Even if I wanted her to want a grandbaby soon, I don't think I could do it. Not that she doesn't want a little Nicole running around, but she just had her own baby 8 years ago and is still in the midst of raising my little sis, so her grandma instincts haven't quite kicked in yet. Which is fine by me. I'd rather her be OK with us waiting a couple of years than talking about grand babies every time I see her like a certain MIL I have. Just sayin'.

So you can imagine the shock from Aaron when he saw this book lying on my bathroom counter the other morning. I didn't even really think anything about it and just laid it on my counter when I got home. He got out of the shower and went over to get q-tips from my jar and stopped dead in his tracks and said "WHOA! What is that? Is there something you need to tell me, Nicole??" I about died laughing. I guess since he saw a book lying on my counter that means I'm preggo? Only a man! Just like a guy friend from high school thought that if he took Midol for a headache it might give him a period! Seriously!!




Unknown  – (June 18, 2009 at 3:20 PM)  

Husby would have freaked! Too funny.

Elizabeth  – (June 18, 2009 at 3:26 PM)  

haha - that is hilarious! I love the Midol story - seriously?!

Brown Girl  – (June 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM)  

That is so funny! My BF would have been so happy, I'M the one that would have freaked!

d.a.r.  – (June 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM)  

That is a riot!! My husband would have crapped his pants!

Dollface  – (June 18, 2009 at 3:47 PM)  

haha... well its good to be prepared!!! men! xxooo

Megan  – (June 18, 2009 at 3:52 PM)  

LOL! I'm sure my hubby would freak out if he saw me reading a book about babies! I have heard lots of good things about this book.

Hailey HRH  – (June 18, 2009 at 4:20 PM)  

i can just imagine the look on his face! classic!! too funny.

Lucky in Love  – (June 18, 2009 at 5:16 PM)  

That is too funny! Let me know how the book is!

Lindsey  – (June 18, 2009 at 5:54 PM)  

Hahahahaha Garth would have freaked out too!

Lisa  – (June 19, 2009 at 10:08 AM)  

HAHA thats funny!!!
And yes, that book is awesome!

Tara Gibson  – (June 19, 2009 at 10:54 AM)  

haha oh my! drews eyes would have huge! too funny

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty  – (June 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM)  

Ha! Oh, yes, we've had these moments. It has taken every ounce of my legally blonde persuasive powers to talk my husband off the ledge after those.

Julie Q  – (June 24, 2009 at 2:00 PM)  

AHH!! I've been checking out books like that- but they are basically like.. get in shape and don't drink.. cos sometime in the next year or so we're thinking babies. enjoy being married for awhile!

Emily  – (June 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM)  

ha! this post really made me smile:)

Anonymous –   – (June 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM)  

Ha! That Midol thing cracked me up. What is with guys?!? :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP