Turkey Day and Christmas Decorations

Hello Ladies!! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It seemed to go by so fast! This was the Beau and my first Thanksgiving together as a married couple. I'm not used to eating 2 HUGE meals in one day so that was an experience all in itself. We had "lunch" with Beau's family at 3 and then my mom hosted dinner at 6. When the Mr. told me that his family normally ate T-giving at lunch time I was thinking noon. Well, that wasn't the case, so we got to cram in 2 meals in 3 hours. Let me tell you that I hope this never happens again. I felt sick! But it was sooo good :) I really love the food around the holidays. I can't imagine not having the traditional turkey, dressing and pie. I got to spend some time with my Mimi too! I was able to snap a few pics:

Me and my Beau

My momma after a long day of cooking....she's stabbing that roll!!
Me and my sweet Mimi in her "Cowboy orange" (She's a big OSU fan:))

Friday we spent the whole day putting up lights outside. The Mr. did such an awesome job! He was like a pro on his newly purchased ladder, ha! He hung those lights really fast for our first time.
Mr. A on his ladder. He's wearing shorts and a t-shirt b/c it was about 80 degrees outside.
The finished product (sorry for poor picture quality. Guess what's on my wish list....)
We decided to hang garland in our entry way. Now this little green strand of fake pine has caused a couple of arguments in this house. Aaron seems to think it was all his idea to hang it, but for the record, I was the one who first mentioned it and had the idea to make it "swoop" in the middle!

Saturday, we went to cut down our own tree. We got there a little late and it was raining so we had to get a pre-cut tree. No big deal. It's a real tree and that's all we wanted!! It's a fat tree too! We didn't really expect it to take up so much room, but it's perfect. We decorated all night and watched football. Here's a pic of the finished tree and the TV stand. I'll give the Mr. credit for the TV stand because that was his idea. I must say, he's quite the decorator. Should I be worried????


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I can't believe it's already over and it's December!! I have so much more shopping to do. Have a good night!!

Side note: Aaron just informed me that we have more ice cream in our freezer than food. Is that gross or what???? Santa, please bring me a treadmill and a stocking full of self-control, please!

Danielle Moss  – (December 2, 2008 at 2:41 AM)  

Everything looks great! I love the entryway!

Olde Town Style Guide  – (December 2, 2008 at 7:11 AM)  

Your home is so beautiful! I love the stone on the front of your house!!

As for having to wobble around after eating two meals in three hours - I feel your pain girlfriend. I had to do the exact same thing...talk about uncomfortable!!

Lauren  – (December 2, 2008 at 8:16 AM)  

Your house looks great! I'm really impressed with the lights outside and your tree. I can't wait to see it all in person!!

Kari Beth  – (December 2, 2008 at 8:24 AM)  

Okay...I have SO much to comment on!
1. You and Aaron are a great looking couple!
2. I have the same boots (I think or something very similar)!
3. Your mom is BEAUTIFUL!
4. Your house and lights, tree, everything looks marvelous!
5. I call my grandmother Mimi too (she's my mom's mom)!
6. Check out my last post! I ate 3 bowls of ice cream last night. 3 bowls. I have NO self-control!
7. That's it :)

Unknown  – (December 2, 2008 at 8:26 AM)  

Everything looks beautiful!!! Could I get a stocking full of self control too? :)

Lindsey  – (December 2, 2008 at 8:58 AM)  

Your home is gorgeous!!! And you are Aaron look great together!

LyndsAU  – (December 2, 2008 at 9:49 AM)  

what a cute post! and I love the last statement :) hehe!
your home is beautiful and i love all the decor :)

Chic Runner  – (December 2, 2008 at 12:19 PM)  

So cute! :) I am jealous of your entry way for sure. it's so pretty with the brick!

Nette  – (December 3, 2008 at 8:41 AM)  

You look goregous in the pics and the decorations look great!

Mandy Rose  – (December 4, 2008 at 1:31 PM)  

Your decorations look GREAT!! You guys did an amazing job. IMPRESSIVE!! We always say we are going to do outside lights every year and then we never do it! err!

Darci White  – (December 5, 2008 at 7:02 PM)  

Your house looks great!!!

I have to ask - who was your builder? My husband builds homes and that rock and overall look seems familiar.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP