S'mores?

I love it when the weather gets cold. Last night it finally got into the 30's. I got to break out my puffy vest and faux Uggs as I sat on the couch and had a beer(s).....classy, right? Every time the weather hits below 55, we have a fire. The Beau is completely obsessed with making fires. I guess it goes back to the whole caveman fire thing. You know the "me caveman, me make fire." Now I love a good fire; feeling the heat, the coziness, smelling the wood burning; but our house smells like a constant burnt s'more and it's starting to make me feel a little nauseous! I smell it in the shower, the bathroom, our closet, everywhere!! I'm not sure how I'm going to get this smell out of my new couch! Oh well. Maybe I'll go buy a couple of candles today :)


Oh and here's some more evidence of us torturing Miss Daisy! I'm convinced she loves the attention though.

Olde Town Style Guide  – (December 2, 2008 at 9:57 AM)  

I know exactly what you mean!! Our house smells the same way!

Recently when I was at Yankee Candle I came across their "fire starter" candles. Basically they do the same thing as a log starter but its a candle. I was so annoyed though because the lady said they were not scented. I was like, "Well someone needs to make them smell good!"

Turns out...they DO smell good!! Its like a vanilla smell that mixes in your fire!

Tara Gibson  – (December 2, 2008 at 10:38 AM)  

AHHHH your dog is precious! love it!!!!!

Megan  – (December 2, 2008 at 10:59 AM)  

I love a good fire in the fireplace. And that dog is ADORABLE!!! Now I want one!!

Unknown  – (December 2, 2008 at 11:44 AM)  

We don't have a fireplace, but I wish we did!! Adorable picture of your dog!

Globetrottingbride  – (December 2, 2008 at 11:48 AM)  

OMG your dog is too adorable! And, a night in front of the fire sounds great. I am counting the days till spring...

Mrs. Nurse  – (December 2, 2008 at 12:53 PM)  

Mr. B has an obsession with the fireplace too. Maybe it's a man thing :). I love Yankee candles, so any excuse to buy them I take it, ha!

LyndsAU  – (December 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM)  

Daisy is gorgeous :) hehe! I want one of her!!

Nette  – (December 3, 2008 at 8:42 AM)  

Oh my gosh, Miss Daisy is hilarious!

Sweet Simplicity  – (December 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM)  

I love the dog pic! I wish I could get my dog to sit still long enough to get a good pic like that.

Danielle Moss  – (December 3, 2008 at 11:48 PM)  

So are you not supposed to break out a puffy vest when it's 55? I live in LA so that's as good as it gets for me.

Anonymous –   – (December 11, 2008 at 3:20 PM)  

Miss Daisy is too cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP