Tid Bits

  • I started my new job on Monday and I love it!! I could not be more happy with how things turned out. It's a job that I am excited to wake up early in the morning for!
  • Speaking of waking up, I am still trying to get used to this whole "early to work" gig. I get in at 7:30 and it's actually not as bad of a transition that I had thought. It does take me a couple cups of coffee to get me started, but I can handle that.
  • I am pleasantly surprised with my commute. It only takes me about 35 minutes to get downtown from where we live. I hop on a toll road everyday and I literally fly the whole way here. Seriously, if you don't drive over 75 people will run over you. Kind of scary!
  • The women I work with eat salads every day for lunch. I love that since I am used to working around men who only ate fried chicken or Mexican food. Hopefully the salads will help with a little weight loss?
  • Speaking of the ladies I work with, I absolutely love them!! My mentor, boss, trainer, whatever you want to call her is amazing! She is super cute, smart and has the backbone I wish I had. Working on that issue....
  • I haven't cooked a real meal in over a week. It's killing me! I love to cook, but have fallen in this lazy rut and I need to get out of it. Let's not even talk about how I have let our laundry and house work pile up around me. Honey, can we get a maid?
  • Aaron thinks my new job is sexy. He says I am so professional now. I think he finally thinks I'm a cool chick! Maybe cooler than him?
  • I've finally gotten over my cold. It only lasted 2 weeks!! I have been able to go running again since I can breathe, but now our weather has reached 100+ temps, so that is another adjustment.
  • I am going to (see, I said I am going to, not I am planning on, or I was thinking about) run the half marathon in January so I am starting the full on training in a week or two. I have to do this! I'm not going to let our horribly hot weather stop me!!
  • When Aaron and I went running the other night we came across a snake. I was informed by my snake tamer that it was a copperhead. Aaron is absolutely terrified of snakes. He picked up a very long stick and started prodding at it. It didn't really do much but piss the snake off, so I ran and got the shovel and in minutes it was dead. He was a vicious little sucker!
  • That same night I was woken out of my wonderful sleep by Aaron flailing around in bed and screaming like a girl. He nearly fell head first off the bed. I grabbed his arm, to try to catch him, but he yanked away from me and jumped out of bed yelling and screaming! I immediately knew he had had a dream about the above snake and thought it was in our bed. Such a wiener! So my heart is racing, he's still in a fog and has no idea how he got on the other side of the room. I was not happy to say the least! It scared the heck out of me!! We did laugh about it the next day :)
So that's it folks! This is what's been going on in my world. I am super busy, but I love it. I do miss blogging/twittering though. I am going to do my best to make more time for all of it. Just because I have a new job doesn't mean that I can't make time for this little ole' blog of mine! I've missed reading up on everyone and am slowly catching up!
Happy Thursday!


Lindsey  – (June 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM)  

Great update, glad things are going well!=)

Elizabeth  – (June 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM)  

So glad you love your new job! :)

Lucky in Love  – (June 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM)  

I'm so glad that your new job is going well!! That is just so wonderful to hear!

I drive about 30-35 minutes to work and it really isn't that bad at all. You'll get used to it fast.

Lauren  – (June 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM)  

I'm glad your new job is going well and I'm glad you posted about running (not planning) the marathon in January!!

Looking forward to our lunch date tomorrow !

Caroline  – (June 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM)  

SO glad you're loving the new job, and I'm cracking up over the snake story!

it is everlasting  – (June 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM)  

Wonderful updates-- so happy to hear everything is going well! I love the snake story-- we have had these creepy bugs (1-2 a day) coming into the house and I think Dave is more scared of them than I am. Hilarious.

Hailey HRH  – (June 25, 2009 at 2:42 PM)  

im so glad to hear your job is going great! good for you!

and the snake/dream story - priceless! thanks for an afternoon laugh!

LuLu  – (June 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM)  

So glad the job is going well!!! It makes a big difference when you actually like to get up and go!

Unknown  – (June 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM)  

Happy things are going so well at the new job! I can't believe you killed a snake.

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (June 25, 2009 at 4:54 PM)  

Wow, you sound busy! What is your new job? I'm so glad you are loving it. Maybe you should get a maid...

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (June 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM)  

Oh my gosh, the snake dream story is HILARIOUS! I love it when guys scream like girls - it cracks me up, ha ha :-) And yay for loving your new job!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (June 25, 2009 at 6:26 PM)  

yay, i am so glad that you love your new job!!! that's so great!

Chic Runner  – (June 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM)  

Great update and I'm glad you love the new job! Nice job on getting back into running and getting over the cold. I had the same thing forever. YUCKY. :) Hooray for the 1/2 marathon!!!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art  – (June 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM)  

very cute...congrats on the new job!
love your background!

Lucky in Love  – (July 1, 2009 at 8:27 AM)  

I left you something on my blog :) XOXO

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP