- I started my new job on Monday and I love it!! I could not be more happy with how things turned out. It's a job that I am excited to wake up early in the morning for!
- Speaking of waking up, I am still trying to get used to this whole "early to work" gig. I get in at 7:30 and it's actually not as bad of a transition that I had thought. It does take me a couple cups of coffee to get me started, but I can handle that.
- I am pleasantly surprised with my commute. It only takes me about 35 minutes to get downtown from where we live. I hop on a toll road everyday and I literally fly the whole way here. Seriously, if you don't drive over 75 people will run over you. Kind of scary!
- The women I work with eat salads every day for lunch. I love that since I am used to working around men who only ate fried chicken or Mexican food. Hopefully the salads will help with a little weight loss?
- Speaking of the ladies I work with, I absolutely love them!! My mentor, boss, trainer, whatever you want to call her is amazing! She is super cute, smart and has the backbone I wish I had. Working on that issue....
- I haven't cooked a real meal in over a week. It's killing me! I love to cook, but have fallen in this lazy rut and I need to get out of it. Let's not even talk about how I have let our laundry and house work pile up around me. Honey, can we get a maid?
- Aaron thinks my new job is sexy. He says I am so professional now. I think he finally thinks I'm a cool chick! Maybe cooler than him?
- I've finally gotten over my cold. It only lasted 2 weeks!! I have been able to go running again since I can breathe, but now our weather has reached 100+ temps, so that is another adjustment.
- I am going to (see, I said I am going to, not I am planning on, or I was thinking about) run the half marathon in January so I am starting the full on training in a week or two. I have to do this! I'm not going to let our horribly hot weather stop me!!
- When Aaron and I went running the other night we came across a snake. I was informed by my snake tamer that it was a copperhead. Aaron is absolutely terrified of snakes. He picked up a very long stick and started prodding at it. It didn't really do much but piss the snake off, so I ran and got the shovel and in minutes it was dead. He was a vicious little sucker!
- That same night I was woken out of my wonderful sleep by Aaron flailing around in bed and screaming like a girl. He nearly fell head first off the bed. I grabbed his arm, to try to catch him, but he yanked away from me and jumped out of bed yelling and screaming! I immediately knew he had had a dream about the above snake and thought it was in our bed. Such a wiener! So my heart is racing, he's still in a fog and has no idea how he got on the other side of the room. I was not happy to say the least! It scared the heck out of me!! We did laugh about it the next day :)
So that's it folks! This is what's been going on in my world. I am super busy, but I love it. I do miss blogging/twittering though. I am going to do my best to make more time for all of it. Just because I have a new job doesn't mean that I can't make time for this little ole' blog of mine! I've missed reading up on everyone and am slowly catching up!