Times they are a changing

Yes they are indeed...in the job world at least. It's been a little crazy the last couple of weeks. I applied for a job a couple of weeks ago and didn't get it. When I first applied for it, I didn't think it was that big of a deal whether or not I got it, but once I was told no, I was a little upset. Rejection hurts people! So I took off that Friday to go relax and hang out by the pool with my family. That night my dad came home saying that one of his ex co-workers had called asking about me and wanting my contact info for a job opportunity. My dad said "When one door closes, God opens a window." Did He ever! I sent my resume in last Monday, went in for a lunch interview last Thursday and they want me to start next Monday (22nd)!! Super fast and crazy. I have been with my current job for 2 years and have enjoyed it so much but am wanting something more. A different setting, challenge, and career opportunity. The new job definitely has all 3! I will be going from working at a small office in the suburbs ("field office") to working downtown in a high rise building. I will have a whole new set of responsibilities and I will finally be at a place that offers benefits and vacation. I am doing a test drive with them for 2 months contract to make sure I will mesh with all the employees and then they will hire me on as an employee. And of course they will like me! I mean, who wouldn't? I kid, I kid!

I'm pretty excited about the fact that I will have my own office with a window. You don't even want to know what my office looks like now. Maybe I'll take pics and show you a before and after. I feel like an adult now. I'm a little nervous about going to work downtown, with all the hustle and bustle, but I'm very excited about all the shopping that is so close to me :) They have an underground system here and there are tons of shops, malls and restaurants there. You never have to go outside!

So that my friends is why I've been a little MIA for the last week. A lot of worrying, stressing out about the interview, praying about making this big move, etc. going on. I've also been sick since last Thursday and am still battling the runny/stuffy nose combo, sore throat, coughing sinus stuff. I spent this last weekend at my parents house. My mom took care of me and I realized how much I miss that. I had a mini breakdown when I came back home because I was back to taking care of myself. Growing up is hard!

Aaron spent the weekend on a fishing trip with a few co-workers. He brought home tons of fish so I can't complain. Fish fry, anyone?? He thinks he's a "hunter/gatherer" now since he went and caught our food. He was walking around the house all cocky asking me if I thought it was hot that he brought home so much food for us. Ha, boys! Actually, honey, I would think it's hot if you bring the food home, cook said food and clean up when it's all done :)


Lauren  – (June 16, 2009 at 11:16 AM)  

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I know you'll be great at your new job and they will love you.

I'm sad that I will be losing a lunch partner but now we can do happy hours instead!

Jon and Steph  – (June 16, 2009 at 11:18 AM)  

Congratulations on the job offer!

Dollface  – (June 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM)  

oh my gosh congrats!!! this is sooo great, i hope its the best job ever, xxooo

The Golden Years  – (June 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM)  

Congratulations!! That's wonderful and very exciting! :)

Hahaha..I agree, our men would be hotter if they brought the food home, cooked it, AND cleaned it all up!

yours truly...  – (June 16, 2009 at 11:44 AM)  

A much deserved CONGRATS to you!! I'm so extremely happy and excited for you!! And an office with a window?!?! SCORE!! I can't wait to read about how it all turns out for you!!! What a blessing!!

Sara  – (June 16, 2009 at 11:44 AM)  

Congratulations! That sounds very exciting. Sounds like some shopping might be in order for the new job.

Tara Gibson  – (June 16, 2009 at 12:16 PM)  

congrats on the new job!!! that is awesome girl!

Rachel  – (June 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM)  

Congratulations!! Good Luck and I am sure you will love it!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (June 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM)  

yaay!!! congrats on the new job! that's so exciting! and i totally cracked up at the hunter gatherer, haha, so cute, and all that fresh fish, yummy!

Chic Runner  – (June 16, 2009 at 1:07 PM)  

Congrats! That is totally exciting and of course they will like you ;)

Lucky in Love  – (June 16, 2009 at 1:13 PM)  

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! You are totally my inspiration! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to hear about your new position!

Hope you feel better soon!!

~M~  – (June 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM)  

Congrats on the new job!!!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (June 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM)  

Congrats on the job! I'm so happy for you! I start a new job on Monday as well! I'm thrilled! Wish I was downtown though, I'll be in GALVESTON! How crazy is that!?

Elizabeth  – (June 17, 2009 at 1:26 PM)  

Congrats! What a great opportunity! :) Hope you feel better soon.

Brown Girl  – (June 17, 2009 at 1:49 PM)  

Congrats on the new job that's awesome. I love your labradoodle, so cute!

LyndsAU  – (June 17, 2009 at 3:51 PM)  

congrats girl, that is so exciting!! :) i am so happy for you! they will love you!

Milltini  – (June 17, 2009 at 3:57 PM)  

Congrats...new jobs and new beginnings are always exciting and I'm sure you are going to blow them away!

Mandy Rose  – (June 17, 2009 at 4:54 PM)  

Congrats!!! That is awesome! What a change you are about to experience! Super excited for you!

Kari Beth  – (June 19, 2009 at 10:22 AM)  

congratulations! that is so exciting! can't wait to hear how your first day goes!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars  – (June 23, 2009 at 12:16 PM)  

Oh my gosh! Congratulations on the new job!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP