Everyone loves a snow cone

I took Friday off to go hang out with the family! I was able to spend some time with my mom, little sister and big sis. It was a great day! I thought I would give you all a little glimpse into what we did. There was lots of pool time, water balloons, dueling doodles and admiring mom's amazing hydrangeas. It was such a relaxing Friday off. Loved it! And to top it off, my pops took us out to eat at Cyclone's - amazing Mexican food. So we ended the evening sipping on margaritas.

Saturday morning Aaron and I woke up early and headed for the local farmer's market. We had so much fun! We picked up Daisy some pretty fun treats that she happened to love. We headed to an ice house for lunch and had some of the best burgers I've had in a while! It was the perfect afternoon. We decided, as if we weren't feeling fatty enough, that we should stop for some snow cones on the way back home. They had a stand set up at another local farmer's market so we hit up 2 in 1 day! I must say, the snow cones were pretty delicious!! Have you all ever tried cream on yours?? They add it on the top of the snow cone and it tastes so good! I'm sure it adds a ton of extra calories, but as you can see, we weren't really counting any that day :)

We also saw the Hangover this weekend and it was hilarious!! I do have to say that I think we had more kids in this movie than in the movie Up. It was ridiculous!! Who takes their 3 and 8 year olds to a R rated movie?? I know babysitter costs have gone up, but come one people! Oh and can we talk about how HOT Bradley Cooper is, please? Wow!

Happy Tuesday! It's been a long week already and it's only been 2 days. Aaron and I are going to a class tonight at our church called the Quest. It's a 5 week course about making your money work at home, staying close to the one you love, but more importantly "What men need to learn about women" - pretty excited about that last part! I'll be sure to relay any good information I get out of it which I'm sure will be a lot.

Lindsey  – (June 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM)  

Aw sorry it's already a long week, hope it gets better friend!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (June 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM)  

Sounds like a perfect summer weekend - family, sno-cones, and farmer's market!

LuLu  – (June 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM)  

The class sounds great!!!

Arlynn  – (June 9, 2009 at 6:11 PM)  

Ha! The Hangover was pure hilarious - "I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocause..." A bit edgy, but the Hubs & I were practically leaving in tears : - )

Lauren  – (June 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM)  

Love the pictures! Especially the ones from Barkerstreet :)

Rachel  – (June 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM)  

We saw Hangover too - HILARIOUS and I LOVE ME SOME BRADLEY COOPER!!!!!!!

Megan  – (June 9, 2009 at 10:25 PM)  

I love sno-cones! Especially with cream! Sounds like a great weekend, and that class sounds really neat!

KAC  – (June 9, 2009 at 11:02 PM)  

Sounds like such a great weekend! I saw the Hangover too and died it was TOO funny I have such a crush on Bradley Cooper now too!

Lucky in Love  – (June 10, 2009 at 6:16 AM)  

I am very interested in this class you speak of :)

Your weekend sounds wonderful!! And yum for snow cones! I haven't had those forever!

PinkSass  – (June 10, 2009 at 8:06 AM)  

Those snow cones look amazing!

Hailey HRH  – (June 10, 2009 at 8:53 AM)  

next time try a wedding cake snow cone with cream - to.die.for!

the hangover was hilarious and b cooper def made it even better!

that class sounds amazing! is there a book that goes along with it?

Anonymous –   – (June 10, 2009 at 2:35 PM)  

I can't wait to see The Hangover & I fall more in love with Daisy every time I see her adorable little face! Glad you had a great week xx Nina

yours truly...  – (June 10, 2009 at 3:00 PM)  

Sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend!! I'm craving my first snow cone of the summer now!!!

Unknown  – (June 11, 2009 at 2:55 PM)  

Snow cones sound so good right now!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (June 11, 2009 at 3:56 PM)  

mmm mexican and burger sound so yummy, oh boy i'm hungry, haha! glad you got hang with your fam and have a great time!! i hope you have a great rest of the week girl!

Jill  – (June 11, 2009 at 7:17 PM)  

pretty sure those parents didn't plan for their 8 year old kids to see the photo montage at the end!

also, i had a sno-cone last week for the first time in a couple years. why do people not eat these more often!?

Polka Dots & Protein Bars  – (June 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM)  

Yummmm burgers and snow cones? Delicious, and sounds like summer to me!

Kari Beth  – (June 15, 2009 at 10:32 AM)  

what a great, relaxing weekend! i love farmer's markets! can't wait to see hangover. . .it looks hilarious and i looooove me some mr. bradley cooper!

Emily  – (June 15, 2009 at 12:56 PM)  

oh it sounds like you had so much fun on friday! I love sno cones and hydrangeas... two of my favorite things! hang in there this week:) It will be over before you know it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP