It's like butta...

The newest addition to our family arrived last night. I left work a little irritated (I hate not knowing what I'm doing) and got home to see that Daisy had chewed up her bed...again! I'm about to put a 'for sale' sign on her and tie her to a light pole. Aaron would die if I did something like that to his baby girl though so I dare not touch her. Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to be the mean parent and he's going to be the nice one, ya know. Sorry, I meandered a bit. On to our new arrival. I went to the front door to check for any packages and I saw it! I think I might have screamed and then skipped on into the kitchen to open her up! OH.MY.WORD. It's even more beautiful than it was in the pictures, and soft, so soft, like butta! And it smells heavenly of Italian leather. Mmmm! I immediately starting taking out all of the fluff paper and then put it on. It had found it's new home. Right there on my left shoulder. Perfect fit! I inspected it for a good 10 minutes to make sure it was up to par and then began taking pictures. This is a big deal ladies! I don't know about you, but I don't have nice handbags popping up on my door step everyday. Plus I wanted to be able to share my excitement :) That's what it's all about, right?

Sneak Peek!
So there she is. Isn't she a beauty?? Perfect color for summer. Beats my black suitcase of a bag (seriously, it's huge) that I got from Banana 2 years ago. I told Aaron this was an investment. I hold on to my bags for years. I don't go buying one every time the wind blows. He doesn't see it as an investment though. And just between you and me, I don't think he's a fan of RueLaLa either. He was sitting with me as I was looking to see when "butta" would arrive and saw all of my many purchases. He, and I, kind of freaked out when counting up all of my purchases. It was not a pretty, let me tell you. So I'm grounded. For 3 weeks to be exact. Well 2 now, since that was last week. I've done pretty good so far. But so help me if the Rue puts up a certain red soled shoe boutique in the next week or 2. There's not enough willpower.

Oh and I have to post about our lovely meal we had last night. It was dee-lish!! I got the recipe here. This site has tons of great light recipes. We love spicy foods and this had a bite to it. Not sure if it's supposed to - I may have added some extra red pepper flakes - but it was amazing! We couldn't stop eating it.

Happy hump day all! The week is half way over! And don't forget to run tonight since it's National Runners Day and all. Also, don't forget to go to Sonic and pick up your free root beer float from 8pm-12!! After you run, of course :)

Dollface  – (June 3, 2009 at 4:37 PM)  

yay! congrats on the new bag... xxxooo

Lauren  – (June 3, 2009 at 4:37 PM)  

Haha oh Daisy...

LOVE the purse. It's definitely an investment. At least for a few months :)

Christy  – (June 3, 2009 at 4:38 PM)  

haha, Jake feels exactly the same way about RueLaLa and my purchases. But they aaaaaarre investments, seriously!

Love the bag!

Ashley Paige  – (June 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM)  

gah! loooove the new bag! after a recent Dior purchase, Hubs has me on La La Lockdown. Oops! But I have to say, at least I went out with a bang! Haha!

Emily  – (June 3, 2009 at 4:45 PM)  

ahhh love the bag! Where did you get it!
and that recipe sounds wonderful!!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (June 3, 2009 at 5:05 PM)  

Love the bag! I can relate to irritating dog antics - I came home today to find that our dog, Bear, had jumped on the couch, landed on the remote, and the stereo was BLASTING in the whole house! I felt like apologizing to the neighbors...

Anonymous –   – (June 3, 2009 at 8:06 PM)  

Love the bag! I have a bag that same color and it's so great for summer. I tend to stick with more neutral tones, but once I saw the yellow I just said, "Mine!" :)

Megan  – (June 3, 2009 at 9:47 PM)  

LOVE the new bag! And your dinner looks delicious!

hisMrs  – (June 4, 2009 at 1:01 AM)  

Wow that pasta looks SO delish!!! And I love the bag! Super cute!

Elizabeth  – (June 4, 2009 at 8:28 AM)  

What a beauty!! I love Ruelala but my hubby isn't a big fan. lol

Unknown  – (June 4, 2009 at 1:19 PM)  

Love, love, love the color! Gorgeous!

Anonymous –   – (June 5, 2009 at 2:47 PM)  

This post made me laugh (out loud). The red soled shoes part was the best :) I have two Botkier bags and they will last you forever. Great investment & the color is yummy too!!

Julie Q  – (June 8, 2009 at 7:10 PM)  

yayyyy! another ruelala'er :)

I have a slight addiction to 11am online shopping. love the bag!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (June 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM)  

ooh love the new bag!! where did you get it? i so "need" a new bag=) it's been a very long time too!

That's Mrs. Russell  – (June 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM)  

The food looks delicious and LOVE LOVE LOVE the new addition!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP