Running through my head

This last weekend I woke up at 6 in the morning to run the 11 miles that my schedule deemed I run. When I went to let the dogs out I was greeted with rain. And it was cold. Running 11 miles in the cold and rain?? Hmmm. So I waited, had my breakfast, texted Lauren a few times "are we really doing this" "what are we thinking" "i hate this!" - ya know, the normal texts back and forth at 6:30 in the morning! I will be the first to admit that I was scared out of my mind about this run. I had ran a couple of 9 mile runs up to this point but for some reason 11 just scared me. It was double digits! I know it was all mental, but I was freaked out. Aaron sat me down and gave me a little pep talk and even said a prayer for me. I thought that was sweet of my boo! As I was about to leave he hugged me one more time and told me I was going to be great and I kind of melted down. Yes, I kind of got sad and weepy. I think some of it had to do with the fact that he was leaving me all day to go watch ATM play Baylor. So he wasn't getting home until 8 that night! All day alone after an 11 mile run = me not getting off the couch until 3.

I got out there and did it though. I did great for the first 8 miles or so and then I decided to try cherry flavored sport beans. It was all downhill from there. And not the good downhill as in running down hill. Nope. I'm not sure if it was the sport beans but something gave me the worst heart burn I've had in a while. I have to run 4-5 more miles with this pain??? You've got to be kidding me! I had several instances where my mouth started watering like it does right before you hurl. I was also burping up my peanut butter toast at the same time. Lovely, right?? This slowed my pace a bit. I had one mile left when I looked at my phone and saw a text from Lauren: "Woohoo just finished!! Call me when you get back!" I texted back "One mile left and I'm dying still running tho" And then I got "You can do it girl! Run NickyT run!!" And with that I picked up my pace and pushed on through my last mile! I knew I couldn't give up. I finished my run in 105 minutes. Not my best time, but not too bad after all the pain. Now, I'm normally pretty pumped after my runs and proud of myself but I was not too pumped after this one. I felt nauseous. I hate it when I feel like that after my long runs. I showered - which by the way is quite painful when the underside of your boobs are chafed! and laid on the couch. I did not get up until about 3. I tried to eat but nothing really sat well with me. I was miserable. And alone! Woe is me. Ha! But I did go get some shopping in around 4. I hit up Ann Taylor, Banana, and Pottery Barn. I also treated myself to a little non-fat Peppermint Mocha from Sbux! I think I'm getting close to drinking my weight in those. So good! 

This weekend is a 10 mile run. I know I can do 10 if I did 11, right?? I'm just really ready for the tapering to begin. I loved running at first but now I feel like it's more of a job. I have to make my runs in order to reach 13.2. And I refuse to walk so there's that added pressure too. Also, our training has been going on since July. So I might be a litle burned out. I'm to the point where I am so ready for January 17 to be here so I can be done with it and be able to enjoy a nice 4 miles run instead of 11!

Below is some running gear I used. I normally run with a bottle of water and pack away pieces of power bar into my pocket of my running shorts, but I decided on this run I needed something more. I broke down and bought a water belt. I felt like a nerd, but was glad I could free up my hands some. It did weigh me down, but I'm hoping I'll get used to it.


Nike hat (essential on a rainy run), sport beans (never again!) and ironman belt (total awesomeness...)


A couple of weeks ago my sweet husband went in to Academy to get himself some hunting gear and picked me up this watch. He surprised me with it that evening. He's a keeper :) I love it! I was having a hard time with my other watch b/c the face had cracked and it was hard to read the time. I always tell Aaron "it's the little things that make my heart melt" and this definitely did just that.


Horrible pic, but I wanted you all to see that I was in fact still standing after my run. The smile is so forced and I look sick but I guess that's what you expect after a long run.

Happy Thanksgiving week!!! I could not be more excited. One more day of work and then I will be gourging myself on turkey and all the fixins'!! My mom is flying to Oklahoma to pick up my grandma and flying her back today so I will get to see her this week too! Love it. I hope you all enjoy your time with your family and remember all the wonderful things we have to be thankful for :)


meredith  – (November 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM)  

way to go!! how do you like that ironman belt? is it worth it, or does it add too much weight? i generally run 6-8 miles, but i'm looking to do a half marathon and one day a full.

happy thanksgiving week!

Lauren  – (November 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM)  

Great post! Can you believe how far we have come?? You are doing great and you are definitely motivating me as well. We've been quite a team and we're going to finish strong on January 17th!!

Lindsey  – (November 24, 2009 at 10:55 AM)  

Wow way to go!! So imprsesive!!

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess  – (November 24, 2009 at 11:31 AM)  

Way to go!!! You are so amazing for pushing through the pain and finishing!

xoxo!

Tara Gibson  – (November 24, 2009 at 11:33 AM)  

way to go girl! thats awesome! and i have never heard of these sports beans things!

Lucky in Love  – (November 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM)  

You are fantastic girl! I am so proud of you!! Hope you have a fabulous holiday!!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (November 24, 2009 at 3:46 PM)  

Good for you! That last stretch always seems to be the hardest part of the run, but it's worth it :-) And that was so sweet of your husband. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Jenn  – (November 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM)  

Congrats, 11 is A LOT! I love those little belts, so dorky but so convenient!

it is everlasting  – (November 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM)  

Great job, I am seriously so stinking proud of you!! Passing that double digit mark is so huge and you did it! 10 will be great and you can seriously accomplish anything. :)

Pink Lace and Cupcakes  – (November 24, 2009 at 8:06 PM)  

Happy Thanksgiving, you deserve some R&R!

I left you a little something over at my place:)

Perfectly Imperfect  – (November 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM)  

umm... i never look that good after a run!!

and 11 miles is huge! way to get out there and get it done. double digits is quite a feat!

Dollface  – (November 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM)  

go you with the run!! and what are sport beans? I know that Jared eats the goo.. or whatever when running, but dont know about the beans... xxxoo

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP