Snow Day

This weekend was a blast! It all started on Friday when it started snowing, in Houston mind you (!!!) and I received an email allowing employees to leave work due to the "deterioration of weather conditions." Don't you love how people in Texas, especially my area kind of freak out about snow. We don't see it that often people so heck yeah it causes some anxiety! It also causes early release on a Friday which is A-OK with me!

I didn't get much done that morning because I spent the whole time with eyes glazed over staring out my office window. I haven't seen a lot of blizzards in my day, but I think you could call it a blizzard - for Houston at least. My sister dared through the rough terrain and rescued me from work. Yay! We went to her house and did what most people would do; took pictures, lot of pictures. I did grow up in Oklahoma so I'm not totally googly eyed for snow, but it was pretty dang exciting. We tossed her cat around the bushes and made him pose. He loved it, obviously.

When Aaron finally got off work we decided to head over to Rainbow Lodge. This was the perfect place to spend a snowy afternoon. And they had 1/2 price glasses of wine for "Snow Day." Dangerous. I also indulged in the most delicious sandwich I've ever had. A Panini with prosciutto, goat cheese, roasted red peppers on ciabatta bread. Amazing! But the night didn't end there. We headed over to a new restaurant/brewery and did a beer sampler. It was tasty. As were the mini burger sliders and fries. :) Yes, I ate again. A few hours had passed since my sandwich, so I gave myself the green light. But enough about food. Let's see some pics! Onward and forward.









And now I leave you with this last image of my little reindeers. We were trying to get some poses out of them for our Christmas cards. We didn't use this pic, but I thought it was hilarious how Daisy had her paw on Chester. She stayed like that for a good minute too. They are BFF's for sure!

I will also be doing a full recap of Saturday/Sunday. It's too good so it needs a whole post of it's own! I'll give some hints: Pioneer Women, cookbook, shopping, vino, and sugar cookies. Not sure about that combination, but it was a ton of fun!!


Megan  – (December 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM)  

OMIGOSH! That picture of your dogs is ADORABLE!! I LOVE IT!

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.)  – (December 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM)  

I love how the pups posed like that. Too cute!!

Lindsey  – (December 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM)  

Awwww so cute!!! Love the pics!

Lauren  – (December 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM)  

Cute pics! Where is this restaurant/brewery?? We'll all have to go back!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (December 8, 2009 at 12:45 PM)  

you look gorgeous, beautiful pics, and that pic of your pups is so cute! it sounded like such a fun day!

Dollface  – (December 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM)  

The food sounds amazing!!!!!! Omg.. and how cute is that puppy, xxxoo

KAC  – (December 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM)  

Your pups are adorable and I love all of your pictures! Glad you had a great weekend!

meredith  – (December 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM)  

i loved loved loved the snow in houston!! :)

and this is an amazingly cute pic of daisey and chester!! too adorable!!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes  – (December 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM)  

The picture of your "reindeer" is adorable-they are in the holiday spirit too:)

Heather @ Simple Wives  – (December 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM)  

Such great pictures!! Gotta love the snow!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin  – (December 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM)  

The Rainbow Lodge is soooooooooo delish. That makes me miss Houston a bit. : )

2 Little Irish Boys  – (December 9, 2009 at 11:22 PM)  

Just found you! I love when fun times just happen and you didn't even have to try!!
Good times!!

Perfectly Imperfect  – (December 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM)  

so jealous of your snow day!! we never get those here!!

and that pic of your pups is too precious!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP