From my computer to yours

Just a few tid-bits from N&A. 

I hope that one day I can look back on this part of our lives and laugh. A lot. Right now, not so much. 
Aaron is still on the job hunt. He has been blowing and going getting his resumes out there - much like the little engine that could. I'm impressed that he hasn't torn all of his hair out sitting at home for the last 8 weeks (crap that's a long time). He's not want to revel in the fact that he's at home all day, as I might. He hates it in fact. But it has its perks. Like picking up my shoes from the shoe doctor, my prescriptions from the pharmacy, clean house, etc. The pay sucks though. 

He did get a couple of job offers. One in Dallas. One in Austin. Where are all the Houston jobs, people?? The one in Austin is the only one we are considering. It's a great job and something he would love to do. We are still waiting to hear back from the company on a finalized start date but during the interview he was basically told the job is his if he wants it. 

Great, right?? I mean, it is a job. But it's 2.5 hours away. And I can't leave my job for certain reasons. I'm kind of locked in on a deal that I can't really pass up right now. It's all great news on both ends, but it's a lot of decisions to make. Can I be apart from my husband M-F and see him on the weekends? I'm sure a lot of people would be OK with that. I even am when I go look at our bank account and get a big dose of reality. 

BUT, Aaron is my bud, were like BFF's. He's who I lean on when I have a crappy day at work. I'm not necessarily close (distance) to my friends/family. I have some great neighbors, but I doubt they want to see me every single night. We did it in college, so I know we could do it again, but that's not to say it won't be rough. I've talked to everyone under the sun about this and gotten their advice on what they would do, but in the end it's our decision and we need to make sure it's what's best for the two of us. 

Plus side to Austin job: Money!, We love it there, I'd be able to go shopping again, I could control the TV (alhough A would argue that I do this already) and I might lose a lb or 2 since I wouldn't be cooking manly meals. I could go on the Special K/Lean Cuisine diet like Lauren :)

        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news: 

We joined a small group a couple of weeks ago and so far it is amazing! We absolutely love it and our group is so much fun. We hosted at our house last Sunday. I had all sorts of nerves going on but it ended up going great and I am now realizing how important it is to have something like this in our lives. Why did we wait so long to do this?? Obviously we were a little scared to take that next step in being more involved in our church. It's slightly branching out of our comfort zone. We enjoyed going to church Sunday morning, worshiping with our amazing praise group, listening to the words of our pastor and then heading out the door for lunch. But with this group we are actually meeting people and forming relationships with couples that are in the same stages of their marriage as we are. Pretty exciting, indeed!

I love my pups. I seriously think after our latest addition, Mr. Chester, my baby fever has been cured. Can a dog really do that? I was all gung-ho to have a bambino and then we got our little cheeto and now my fevah is drained. I know I still want babies, but I really wanted them about 6 months ago. It better come back, I'm not getting any younger here!

Well, that's all I got. I'll quit boring you with randomness and let you get on with your lives. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week! 





Christy  – (March 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM)  

Move to Austin!! Move to Austin!!

In all seriousness, though, that is a very tough decision. My husband used to travel for work every other week, and that was difficult. I can't imagine being apart every week. Best of luck with your decision, and I hope that things work out in a way that is good for both of you!

Mrs. Ruby  – (March 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM)  

Hang in there girl. If he does take the job...nothing is for forever!!!

Lauren  – (March 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM)  

Hey, the Special K/Lean Cuisine diet is pretty great :) Easy clean-up, low cal, and delish.

You guys will make the right decision. No one said being a grown up was easy but I know it will all work out. Just gotta have a little Faith :)

Tami  – (March 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM)  

Yes! You will look back and laugh about this eventually!

It's a difficult decision that only the two of you can make that's for sure! On another note, I'm one of *those* that says goodbye to hubs M-F as his job has him traveling allllll weeeekkk loooong. We spend weekends together. It hasn't always been like this, so it's taken some getting used to. He's my best buddy too, and I do miss him, and it probably won't be forever, but I knwo that it IS possible. It can be done. It definitely makes those days that you ARE together so much more exciting, more valuable, and more to look forward to!

Hang in there, and know that you're in my thoughts and prayers too!

:)

Brown Girl  – (March 18, 2010 at 1:31 PM)  

Awe man, we are actually considering a relocation to Austin as well! Hang in there!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (March 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM)  

Speaking from experience, I know that it's hard! Chris did a visiting student fellowship at Notre Dame when I was still at Purdue during our 2nd year of marriage. He was up there for 4 days a week, and I did not like it (he didn't either). But it is doable. My sister and brother-in-law have had to do this twice - once when she had to stay in Indiana and he moved to Iowa, and now with her in Iowa and him in Illinois. Neither of them have liked it, but having the money in their bank account makes it bearable :-) In short - it's not fun, but I think that a person can do almost anything for a short period of time. Best of luck with your decision!

Anonymous –   – (March 18, 2010 at 6:42 PM)  

Hey nicole it's Gabby giving you a shout-out I know whatever you do is gonna be great- and I know you from experience that you two make impeccable decisions-don't worry about a thing and take a nice hot bath to relax. :) I believe in you!! :D I know you guys can do it.
Love your lil' sister G :)

Anonymous –   – (March 18, 2010 at 6:46 PM)  

Hey nicole it's your little sister Gabby saying hi and good luck on the job- I know you'll make the right decision- you usually do- now don't stress and take a nice hot bath- ahh :)
Love your lil sister, Gabby :D

amy (metz) walker  – (March 21, 2010 at 5:20 PM)  

That's a really tough decision! I love Austin, but living apart is really tough. When DW got transferred to Atlanta and we still owned a house in Memphis, we decided to do a commuter marriage until the house sold. I only lasted 2 months. That said, everyone has a different pain tolerance and it's hard when your bank account is giving you a big ol' reality check.

Praying your answer comes soon...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP