Boat shoes

So Aaron has these shoes. Some call them boat shoes, sperry's, top siders - pick your poison. Well friends, they're hideous! They just happen to be my least favorite pair of shoes he owns. And he wears them EVERYWHERE. I've had to put my foot down a few times. When we got married and made our little house a home, he assured me that they were "for mowing only." So I felt pretty good about allowing him to keep them. You know, because I rule with an iron fist and all. But as the months passed, I noticed that wasn't the case. I began seeing them more and more. And then he would wear them out in public. I can barely stand to see them when he's out mowing, but then he wants to wear them to the grocery store?? Nuh-uh! 

Now don't get me wrong, boat shoes aren't all bad and can be done tastefully. They can look nice if they aren't 5 years old and have been worn to float the river, wash the truck, mow the lawn, etc. When he wears his saggy baggy butt (sorry hun, but those need to go too) Levis with them is when I draw the line. I wish you all could see his feet actually in them so you can get the real picture of what I mean. I keep trying to devise a plan so that I can sneakily throw them out without him noticing. I can't use the "well, looks like the dogs chewed up your shoes, babe." because even they won't go near them! I contemplated just chunking them but that wouldn't be very nice...would it?? I don't see him letting go of them freely either. Looks like I'll be stuck with them. And the Levi's.


Don't they look like they smell too?? I mean, they just look like they would smell like rotten fish or something, right? I certainly didn't get that close to sniff it out but I'm sure they reek!

I tried to switch up the pics some to make them look descent, but it's not happening!


Sherrie  – (March 3, 2010 at 9:41 AM)  

ROTFL I totally feel your pain as my dh also had a nasty old pair of shoes like that. He did finally toss them. Thank goodness! :)

Dollface  – (March 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM)  

men and their shoes!! hahaha.. did you enter my giveaway?? xxxooo

Brittany  – (March 3, 2010 at 10:44 AM)  

I love sperrys. They look silly on me, but I bought a pair for my son, and they are too cute! Although when they start looking like this, it'll be time to change em up! :) Maybe buy him a new pair!!!: )

Chelsea  – (March 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM)  

Hahah! I started reading this and was thinking to myself "Aw man, I have boat shoes, I think they're really cute!"

I was glad to hear you hate them because they're so worn out, not just boat shoes in general!

Lauren  – (March 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM)  

Haha that boy needs some new shoes! I like boat shoes but not ones that are smelly and falling apart.

Sounds like you might have an idea for a birthday present for the Mr. :)

Lucky in Love  – (March 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM)  

I didn't even know boat shoes existed until I met my husband. It's all he wears. Believe me. I feel your pain girl. He has a pair of white ones that are so gross and falling apart...yet he still wears them. Awful!

Milltini  – (March 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM)  

haha--why don't you give him a pair of NEW (nicer looking) boat shoes that you approve of on your next gift giving occassion. Or you could just give them to him as a "special treat"...haha that is what I do.

Sole Matters  – (March 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM)  

He must be a GA boy! LOL Sperrys are SO a southern thing!

Alison  – (March 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM)  

Wow those are some bad shoes! :)

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (March 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM)  

You're a better woman than I am. I have and will probably continue to slowly "phase out" some of my husband's less attractive clothes and accessories. You know what they say - it's easier to say "I'm sorry" then to ask permission ;-)

Lucky in Love  – (March 4, 2010 at 7:47 AM)  

Can I just tell you....I forwarded this along to my husband and this was his response.

"I'm not sure what the objection here is. These look like a perfectly respectable -- and quite comfortable -- pair of shoes."

Clearly we have the same problem :)

Rebekah  – (March 4, 2010 at 3:35 PM)  

When I was growing up, my dad wore boat shoes all the time (he still does, in fact). Sometimes a pair would get really bad and he would also swear they were just for mowing (of course, they never were).

Perfectly Imperfect  – (March 5, 2010 at 12:42 PM)  

ohmygosh girl, this is all the men that live in my town wear and they get disgusting!! and forget about giving them a new pair, because they just "aren't the same"!! and they smell so bad!!! poor girl!

Blackeyed Susan  – (March 8, 2010 at 9:38 PM)  

I tell Nathan that his smell like a combo of garlic and dead fish, so DISGUSTING! LOL

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP