Semi-interesting post (with a recipe!)

Hello again!! Wow, I've missed this blog and all my readers...that is if I still have any since I've been a complete slack! I don't even want to go over how many days since my last post. All I know is that it was in September and that is way too long ladies! Sidenote: Whenever bloggers take long breaks I always think they're pregnant. I don't know why, but it's been kind of a running theme in blogland. FYI, I am NOT pregnant in case any of you think the same weird thoughts I do. I've just been a terrible blogger! Sorry!!

This past weekend was a little wild and crazy. My husband is an Aggie. I don't know if there are many ATM readers on this blog, but they are pretty die hard football fans. This past Saturday ATM played OSU. OSU and I go way back. I was born in Stillwater, OK and I have a slew of relatives that attended OSU. In the past I have cheered for OState, since that's what I was told to do or I would be thrown out of the Will! But this year, being the first game we've attended since being married, I decided to support my Aggie husband and I semi-cheered with him. I didn't full on cheer and holler because my sister was sitting next to me, cheering for Ostate, and I was worried about taking an elbow to the rib from her. So I was calm and kept my composure. Poor Ags lost. Either way, I was fine with the outcome! Then we went on to tailgate. And it was quite the tailgate. We had a huge turnout despite the fact that it felt like friggin Alaska outside! When does it ever get that cold in Texas in October? Oh that's right, when I go to a game wearing a very thin sweater (no worries, the Aggie bookstore was there to help as we dropped almost $200 on fleeces between Aaron and me!), and flats where the wet grass and cold air seeped in without a problem. I may or may not have gotten frost bite on my toes. Regardless, we had a great time and it was nice to let loose and have some fun with all of our tailgaters!

Sunday morning I woke up and did my 8 mile run. Yes, you read that right. I ran EIGHT miles! Some of you may remember that I am training for a 1/2 marathon! 8 miles is the most we have done so far and it felt great to cross that run off my schedule!! I felt amazing for the first hour or so and then hunger pains hit and it was downhill from there. I'm actually surprised I was able to keep going. It was the weirdest pain and made me nauseous. I knew I only had a little less than 2 miles to go so I pushed through. But man did I feel awful when I got home. I didn't get sore though so that was a plus. The miles are getting up there which means the race is approaching faster and faster! I never thought I would be able to run 5 miles straight let alone 8 and I did it! It just goes to show that running is a huge mental game and you can do it if you believe it!

I finally got up from the couch around 1 and made cheesy chicken corn soup. It is delicious and an absolute staple around the house when Fall arrives. It's been a favorite of mine and Aaron loves it too now. I decided I would share the recipe since it's one of the easiest soups and it made enough so that we could freeze it and eat again this week! Who doesn't love that?!? 

Cheesy Chicken Corn Soup

3-10 3/4 oz cans cream of chicken soup

1-14 1/2 oz can chicken broth

1-16 oz. Pkg frozen whole kernel corn

2-C chopped cooked chicken

1-10 oz Rotel

1-8 oz Velveeta cubed Cheese - I used reduced fat and it tastes the same

1- garlic clove minced

1/4 t pepper

Stir soup and broth in a dutch oven (or big pot) until well blended; add corn and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over med heat. Reduce heat and simmer stirring often 30 min or until smooth and heated through. You can serve or let cool and pour into containers and freeze up to 1 month.
 
Serious deliciousness in that soup right there! I'm almost craving it right now. Wish I would have packed it for my lunch! I threw a few tortilla chips on top and served it piping hot! I'm sure Frito's would be good too or whatever you can think up! 
 
I hope you all are having a great Monday. Not sure if "great" and "Monday" really go hand in hand, but nonetheless! It's dreary and rainy here and I wish I was back in bed.


Lauren  – (October 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM)  

Yay for running 8 miles! I never thought I would be able to say that I ran anything more than 3 but before we know it we'll be crossing the finish line at the half-marathon!

I think I'm going to have to try out your recipe - it sounds delish!

Risa  – (October 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM)  

Yummy! I'm looking for recipes for fall and soups are great. They make you feel warm.

Kudos for your 8 mile run! I've sort of fallen off the wagon this past week. I'll get on it soon.

Annie  – (October 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM)  

i just printed that recipe, it sounds delicious!! thanks for sharing!
8 miles, whoa!! good for you!! :)

Lucky in Love  – (October 12, 2009 at 1:46 PM)  

Yum...I am so making that soon!

And great job on the running! I remember when you just started! You are doing so great!

it is everlasting  – (October 12, 2009 at 1:54 PM)  

Oh girl you are doing SO GREAT! I remember 8 miles and it was not my favorite run, at all. But then we did 10 and that felt great, go figure! Your race day is going to be so great because of all the hard work you are putting in now. :)

Dollface  – (October 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM)  

Yay for the 8 miler.... thats so great!! I wish I could run for 8 minutes, hahaha... and ummmm soup recipe, sounds delish!! xxxoo

Tara Gibson  – (October 12, 2009 at 7:37 PM)  

congrats on your 8miler girl! and that recipe sounds delish

Megan  – (October 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM)  

YUM! This recipe sounds really good!

AmyKristen  – (October 16, 2009 at 9:42 PM)  

Yuum! I can't wait to make it. Thank you!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP