Mi casa es su casa

This weekend I did a little shopping for the house. I had made up my mind that I was going to re-decorate my mantle area so I was on a mission. I was so not in love with what we had and I felt like it was just kind of thrown together without much thought. I was going to go the Pottery Barn route, but thought I would hit up our Marshall's Home Goods first. Umm, have you all been to a Home Goods before?? It's pretty amazing. I took some PB magazine clippings for ideas and 2 1/2 hours later I was standing in line with a basket full of stuff! I went with a whole new theme or style for the mantle than what we had before. I absolutely LOVE it!













I figured while I was snapping pics I might as well invite you all into my boudoir as well :) We got the Morgan bedding from PB for our wedding (white) and then added on some zebra pillows and shams. Then I saw the Simone bedding that came out this Fall and just knew it would be the perfect pizzaz to add to our room. Ya know, liven it up a little. Aaron was very skeptical of my idea, but I ordered it regardless. Now that it's all put together he understands that this little lady just might know what she's talking about. It's probably my favorite room in the house now! Love Love! We painted the back wall or accent wall a deep brown when we first moved in and I think it really makes the bedding stand out. We also added some of our wedding pics above the bed. This was done completely on the cheap. Michaels frames and I printed up the pics (8x10). The two French doors go into our bathroom. I will show that on another day when it's a little cleaner :)



 



More goodies that I picked up at Marshall's. I love the copper pumpkin. I can't wait to get our real pumpkins this weekend at the pumpkin patch! We took miss Daisy Mae last year with us and she loved it so this year we are going to take mister Chester. Can't wait!

   

I just HAD to get this for A when I saw it. He always talks about wanting to go visit Ireland, aka his "homeland" and this book was too pretty to pass up. He of course loves it. And has spent some time perusing the pages and telling me where he is going to take me. One day soon, hun!




I hope you all are having a fantastic week!! I feel like there is so much going on right now and I'm trying to get it all out and posted but the new google picture upload is not my friend....or else I'm just really dumb. Needless to say, this post took me FOREVER to get up and running. I could not seem to figure out the whole placement of the pics. It's kind of weird. Aaron has been on me about waiting too long to blog so I tried doing it last night and 10 o'clock rolled around and I was no further than I was when I started! I'm hoping I will learn all the tricks as I go.



Christy  – (September 29, 2009 at 11:00 AM)  

I love your decor! Will you come decorate my house for me please? :)

Summer Athena  – (September 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM)  

great job!!! WOW. it belongs in a magazine.

Lucky in Love  – (September 29, 2009 at 12:20 PM)  

Your bedroom is gorgeous!! Love it :)

Lauren  – (September 29, 2009 at 12:22 PM)  

Everything looks great! I can't wait to come see everything in person this Saturday :)

it is everlasting  – (September 29, 2009 at 1:14 PM)  

I love the painting above your mantle & your bed. It all looks so great!

Arlynn  – (September 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM)  

I am a BIG Home Goods fan!!! I just made the most perfect {at least for me, anyways} tablescape for our new dining room table - I love it :-) And it was SO fun to shop around for all of those great, Autumn-inspired items!

Yay for your new decor - it's fantastic!

AmyKristen  – (September 29, 2009 at 6:24 PM)  

Your bedroom looks like a hotel room. Thanks for sharing all the pictures...you inspire me! :)

Unknown  – (September 30, 2009 at 6:52 AM)  

You have great taste! I love your bedroom set.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin  – (October 6, 2009 at 7:42 PM)  

Your rooms are gorg! And what a fun coffee table book!

meredith  – (October 26, 2009 at 4:36 PM)  

is all your bedding from pottery barn? i absolutely LOVE it!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP