Breakfast Sandwiches

The other day I stumbled on this fabulous website called the Food Gawker. Ya'll this site is pretty incredible! I found several recipes that I have used since and this one was so simple and a definite pleaser so I had to post about it. We are normally in a rush in the mornings, I mean who isn't these days? There's not a ton of easy grab n' go food that will keep you full until lunch and that is also somewhat healthy. Well I saw these breakfast sandwiches and knew I had to try them. I made them last Monday night and they smelled so good we almost had them for dinner. Here's the recipe : Breakfast Sandwiches. I've never made eggs in the oven or in muffin pans for that matter so this was a first. I wasn't too sure how they would turn out, but I was pretty happy with the end result!


eggs

turkey bacon (also used sausage patties)
 
 english muffins (you can use biscuits too)
 
 throw bacon on muffin
 
 add egg with cheese*
 
 wrap sandwich up with saran wrap
 
 sausage and bacon english muffins
   
12 breakfast sandwiches!

*FYI: I sliced the eggs in half because they were about half the size of the english muffin. They didn't fit too nicely, so I just went ahead and sliced them so they would fit a little better on the muffin. You could also use miniture bagels and the eggs would probably be perfect. I also did the same with the mini sausage patties. They were pre-cooked so that made it much easier.

I put 6 in the fridge and the other 6 in the freezer. I made them last Monday night and we still have about 4 or 5 left! It's been so easy to just grab them in the mornings and either nuke them before we leave for work or zap them in the microwave when we get in the office. So perfect and so delicious!! I got 2 BIG thumbs up from the Mr. on these! They didn't take more than 30 minutes to make and assemble. Super easy and you have breakfast for 12 days! Enjoy ladies :)

Brown Girl  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:05 AM)  

That such a great idea, I am def going to try these! I make breakfast sandwiches all the time for M and I, it would be nice to have them already made!

Alison  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:18 AM)  

What a great idea! They look just like egg mcmuffins from McDonalds!

Dollface  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:22 AM)  

yum! that site looks amazing... soooo good! xxxxooo

Risa  – (October 27, 2009 at 9:39 AM)  

Um why didn't I think of this earlier? Grrr. Sometimes I think I'm brain dead. Such a great idea and so simple, thanks for sharing. :-)

Tara Gibson  – (October 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM)  

I am SO making these for me and the MR! thanks for posting!

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (October 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM)  

great idea! these look yuuummy! awesome idea to freeze some, so easy and great breakfast! thanks for posting=)!

it is everlasting  – (October 27, 2009 at 12:19 PM)  

So perfect!! I spend a small fortune on the Smart One's breakfast sandwiches and this is a great way to make them myself! Thanks so much for sharing :)

MrsMis  – (October 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM)  

Those look so yummy! I'm going to check out the site :)

Annie  – (October 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM)  

YUMMY!!
going to make these soon!
i love breakfast samis!
thanks for sharing girly!!

Kari Beth  – (October 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM)  

awesome! thanks for sharing! i will definitely be making these!

Meredith  – (October 27, 2009 at 2:26 PM)  

i love new and (most important) EASY recipes! i'm trying to start cooking more! these look awesome!!

That's Mrs. Russell  – (October 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM)  

good post. definately gonna try these. yummy!

Unknown  – (October 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM)  

Those look so good! I do that w/breakfast burritos and they are the best.

Perfectly Imperfect  – (November 1, 2009 at 7:24 PM)  

ok these look delicious! i might have to break my kitchen ban to try these!

Through Rose Colored Glasses  – (November 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM)  

Girl you won my Vogue giveaway. My email is up on my blog. Just email me your address and I will sign you up for a subscription!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP