No more drama!

Mary J. said it best

I've been thinking about this topic for a while and seeing as it has become a more normal occurence since being at my new job I thought I'd share. At my prior job, I worked with a majority of men. Now, I am lucky enough to have a few women around the office and actually work directly with one of them. We've become really close and I respect her tons. There's just one thing. Sometimes women can be a little moody. I know, shocker! I feel like maybe I was desensitized to this matter after working with all men and kind of having to shift my thinking process and hormones around to fit that environment. Not that I'm an over emotional person to begin with, but I feel like I started thinking more like a man after working with all men. Make sense? I'm normally a "go with the flow" kind of gal. Well, the same can not be said for some I work with, unfortunately. I don't know what it is, but when someone of authority asks me to do something my normal response is "sure." Now, some could say I'm a weenie and I need to let someone know when enough is enough, but I would just rather not cause any drama and deal with it. I've never been pushed to the point to argue back with my boss and I hope it doesn't happen. Well work friend (WF) does this. A lot. She tends to get rather riled up and kind of freaks out when she reaches her point. Which is totally understandable, but sometimes I think it's a little coo-koo! And I don't mean little freak outs, we're talking loud, to the point where me and a few others in our offices can hear her. The other day when it was happening I had to walk over to WF #2 and talk with her because I didn't want to hear it anymore. And then when the freaking out is over with, the tears start rolling along with the "I'm going to quit, I can't do this anymore!" Imagine hearing that within your first 3 weeks of being at a new job! Talk about "what in the world did I get myself into??" Now, I love this girl. Honestly, she has the best heart and is the sweetest person ever, not to mention a riot! She is a a single mother so I know she has a LOT more stress than I can even imagine. But I'm worried that all the men that work here might think we are all crazy! "We" being women. Men don't seem to tolerate a lot of whininess and complaining. I should know, I'm married to one! I just hope they don't group me into being like that. I know I can get my feelings hurt pretty easily and I have gotten upset about work things before but I normally just make Aaron listen to it :) I can't imagine blowing off at my boss! She has worked here longer and seems to be closer with both of our bosses so I'm sure that's why she feels like she can say certain things to them or act a certain way. I just worry about what others think (i.e. VP or Pres) as they are walking down the hall. There's just a lot more drama here than I've ever dealt with before! Also, when WF #1, 2 and I go out to lunch it is a constant gossip session. It's always limited to 2 people in our office that they both dislike and I get to hear it all! I get so tired of it sometimes. Can't we all just get along?? I understand being irritated at someone pushing your buttons, but to waste an entire lunch hour talking about them! You've obviously allowed them to get under your skin and they've set up shop for a while. If I don't like someone, I certainly am not going to sit around and spend my time talking about them. That does nothing but piss me off more!  I guess as long as I keep doing what I'm doing and try not to get wrapped up in it all then I'll be fine.

I know you ladies have some work drama too! How do you deal with it? Sometimes we all need to do a big Woohsah! Come on, do it with me "woohsah, woohsah!" All better, right?




Lucky in Love  – (October 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM)  

Girls are serious with their drama...that's for sure. And I think it's easy to make connections with others by talking negatively about someone else. But I'm glad that you realize this and don't condone it. I hope your situation gets a little easier and you steer clear of the drama as much as possible :)

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (October 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM)  

Haha..Girl work drama sucks! Luckily I don't have too much of that here at my job now!

Dollface  – (October 13, 2009 at 2:03 PM)  

I hate drama. I have been trying to stay far away from it in my life. There is just no point in making myself upset, especially at work.... just get out of there :) xxxooo

Angela  – (October 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM)  

i can't stand work drama. when we are at work, everyone should be professional. it is okay to have emotion but no crying, no yelling please.

Mrs. Marshall  – (October 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM)  

ugh I have the same issues at work..I work with ALL women!! Managers included! When there's drama I just listen and if I'm ever so frustrated I just wait til I get home and vent to my hubby!

Lindsey  – (October 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM)  

Work drama is the worst, it makes it tough for sure! Ugh, sorry girl!

Danica  – (October 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM)  

I totally know what you mean. I work with all guys and I'm scared for the day when I work with girls again :/ Glad that you have your head on straight though and can work through it all and just aren't going to get caught up in it. That's my best advice.

Tara Gibson  – (October 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM)  

ugh i hate that there is drama in the workplace for you!

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess  – (October 14, 2009 at 8:09 PM)  

I used to work in an all-women AND extremely hostile work environment....I dealt with it by working out A LOT and drinking a big glass of wine at the end of the day.

I'm a new follower and absolutely love your blog!! Keep up the good work!

xoxo!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP