What were we thinking?


 


We got another dog! Can you believe this? I can't. We've had the fella for a week and 2 days now and the fact that I'm just now getting around to blogging about him should tell you something...He's a little turd, but I love him. We were on our way to church last Sunday and A made the split decision to go visit a breeder 2.5 hours away and buy a puppy. Men! Of course, I didn't say no because I didn't want to be blamed for crushing his dreams. He is a golden retriever and his name is Chester. Now I have to say that this was ALL my husbands idea, name and all. I mean, who really names their dog Chester? We've already heard the grade school name "Chester the molester" from about everybody we tell. So if you could spare me from having to hear it again, that would be great :) The name is starting to grow on me a little. You have to understand though that I love nicknames, love them! And I'm having a hard time coming up with one for him. Chesty doesn't really work. After all he is a boy. I'd like for him to keep some of his manliness in tact if at all possible. My husband has come up with "Chester bester" which honestly, can it get any worse than that?
This whole experience has opened my eyes to the fact that I am no where near ready for little babies! I love my sleep and the fact that I haven't had my full allotted amount makes me very cranky. He's gotten 100 times better since the first couple of nights we had him. The crying and barking was driving me half insane. I can not wait for the day when he decides to stop peeing/pooping on my nice living room rug in which I step in because I have not yet adjusted to the fact that we have a little runt that goes every 30 minutes. But I do have to say I am pretty smitten by our little guy. He is the sweetest thing ever and such a little lover! He loves to cuddle and loves to give kisses. So I guess that makes up for all his messes.
Daisy is in the process of adjusting as well. She's not sure what to think about this new little sausage running around. She has beaten him up a few times. We keep telling her that it's likely he will be bigger than her one day so she needs to watch it.
There it is! Our crazy life just got a little crazier. Our house feels slightly like a circus at times, but it keeps things interesting.
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! I promise to be a better blogger as soon as I learn how to juggle all of this.

Christy  – (September 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM)  

oh my, what a CUTIE!! congrats on the new addition! ;)

Julie Q  – (September 8, 2009 at 2:02 PM)  

Congrats!! We got our 2nd dog last year, and yes, its quite the task to take on, but SO WORTH IT!!! :) and btw, CUTEST puppy ever!

Chic Runner  – (September 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM)  

I'm so jealous! he's simply adorable and congrats on the new baby!!!! :)

LyndsAU  – (September 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM)  

o-PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! he is adorable! and that is so something i would do! spur of the moment dog purchase :)

Perfectly Imperfect  – (September 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM)  

but look how CUTE he is!!!!!! great spur of the minute purchase!!! =)

Lauren  – (September 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM)  

I'm glad Chester was finally introduced to the blog world! Now, I just need to meet him :)

He may be a turd but he definitely is a cutie!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (September 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM)  

Aww! How sweet! I got my second in January and I love her! She definitely completes our family! he's precious and I'm sure the crying will stop!

Dollface  – (September 8, 2009 at 3:02 PM)  

awww what a great addition to the family!!! I love this... best of luck with your new furbaby!! xxooo

Ashley Paige  – (September 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM)  

Ah! what a little cutie! i just want to squeeeeze him! I'm already campaigning for dog number 2 in the M household- I'll take any priceless words of advice (for either pro-pup or no-pup) at anytime.. haha! :)

Hailey HRH  – (September 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM)  

OMG how can you resist that face???!?! so cute!

Anonymous –   – (September 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM)  

Chester "Hest" {nickname}
Your kids seem like quite the rowdy type! hehe :))

The France Family  – (September 8, 2009 at 5:19 PM)  

He is adorable!! We thought about getting another dog but I dont think I can handle it! LOL! Sooo much fun :)

sarah  – (September 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM)  

OMG he is absolutely adorable!

Lucky in Love  – (September 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM)  

What a wonderful addition to your family!! He is the cutest!! Love it! Hope your adjustment is quick and as pain free as possible :)

Unknown  – (September 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM)  

What an adorable little puppy! Congrats on the new addition.

Risa  – (September 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM)  

Oh my!! He's the cutest baby ever :-). I know what it's like to have an ornery bub...take a look at my coffee table and you'll know.

Darci White  – (September 11, 2009 at 2:03 PM)  

Oh, wow....two pups now! It can be quite the handful at first, but they keep each other occupied and it ends up being easier than you'd expect.

Congrats - he's a cutie!

Our only problem now is that we have two LARGE dogs and are going to have a baby in the next several years....and ours shed like crazy! It will be interesting to someday add a baby to the mix - one of them might have to become an outside dog (which I cannot even imagine w/ the Houston weather!).

Anyway, congrats and hang in there - puppies are hard....good thing they are so precious, huh!

Madison Sanders  – (September 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM)  

A former physical therapist of mine has a son named Chester, but they call him Chet for short. That would be a good nickname.

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (September 17, 2009 at 7:36 PM)  

oh look how cute he is!! congrats on the new little guy! we love nicknames too, we were worried that our babies wouldn't know their real names because we call them so many nicknames, ha!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP