Pour some sugar on me

Last night, as I kept biting on my lips, I thought to myself "I could use a good lip scrub!" The only thing is I didn't want to go buy one. I figured I could just come up with something around the house. Saves money and it super convenient! I mean, have you seen the price tags on lip scrubs these days?!? You're lucky if you can get one for under $25. I don't know what the deal is, but sometimes my lips peel. It doesn't matter that I live in the humidity capitol of the world! They have no moisture and become really dry. As I sat there thinking about how I could make something work, still biting my lips mind you, I grabbed my Burts Bees and our sugar bowl and went to town. I took pics along the way to show you all a step-by-step process. I, however, forgot to take a before pic! So you can't get the full effect, but trust me, it worked.

*supplies

* pour a dime sized portion of sugar on a plate or flat surface
*dip chap stick/lip balm in said sugar *like so
*apply to lips in a circular motion - you may want to do this part
over a sink since the sugar tends to fall off as you scrub.
Also, when done, wipe the sugar off your lips and follow
it with some sugar-less lip balm. So soft!

*excuse the dazed and confused look. It was late, I was tired

See, how easy was that? And my lips felt great afterwards! My lip balm has a mint flavor so it made them tingle which felt awesome. I will probably do this a few times a week in order to keep my lips kissably soft. You know, since that's important and all. The only thing I would do differently is get a separate tube of balm to use for the sugar part. I noticed that mine still has some sugar stuck in it even after cleaning off the tip of my tube. Other than that, it was easy and it worked great!

CTB  – (August 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM)  

What a great tip. Can't wait to try this!

Lindsey  – (August 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM)  

What a great idea, thanks for sharing!!

Hailey HRH  – (August 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM)  

i love my burts bees - i cant wait to try this tonight. youre a genius! and might i add - you look awesome in those pics! i love your lips!

Sole Matters  – (August 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM)  

my lips peel every.single.day. right before i get out of the shower i open my mouth and rub a wet wash cloth over the top and bottom and that usually gets off all the extra skin. =) the time you're in the shower i suppose allows your lips to not be so dry so its easier to get the extra skin off and you dont bleed.

Arlynn  – (August 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM)  

Super smart idea - thanks!

And, isn't Bert's Bees THE best?!? their cuticle cream is my lifesaver. In fact looking at the grackly little fingers now, I'm overdue for a swab ;-)

Dollface  – (August 25, 2009 at 3:30 PM)  

I feel like I would be ever so tempted to lick the sugar off my lips, haha... but thats just me! xxoo

In This Wonderful Life  – (August 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM)  

that is way cool! I've never heard of this! thanks for sharing :)

Tara Gibson  – (August 25, 2009 at 9:55 PM)  

great idea! and thanks for sharing!

Lucky in Love  – (August 26, 2009 at 7:03 AM)  

What a great idea! I'm totally doing that! I heart Burts Bees :) It's all I use :)

Unknown  – (August 27, 2009 at 5:57 AM)  

another option:
rub your lips with a clean-watering tooth brush, before pouring tooth paste of course!
Your lips will be in a marvellous pink-rouge soft mode!

Perfectly Imperfect  – (August 28, 2009 at 12:51 PM)  

Great idea! I get really dry lips at times and will totally have to try this!

xoxoKrysten  – (August 29, 2009 at 6:28 PM)  

Snazzy! Thanks for the great tip!

Kassie  – (August 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM)  

How interesting--I can't say I ever would have thought of that!! :)

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (September 3, 2009 at 10:01 AM)  

Hey, I changed my website address so be sure to update it! www.unwritten322.blogspot.com

BALLET NEWS  – (September 5, 2009 at 10:56 AM)  

Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

It's all perfect !

Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP