How 'bout a little cheese with that wine

A couple weeks ago the Mr and I decided to have a wine/cheese night at the house. We've visited a couple of new wine bars in our area and I thought, "hey, I can totally do that for half the price." I went to a local market, Hubbell and Hudson, and picked up the goods. I'm pretty much in love with this place! They have the best selection of cheeses and meats. Love it! Now when I shop at fun places like this, I tend to go a little overboard. I could taste the cheeses as I was picking them out. I loaded up my cart with 4, maybe 5 different cheeses, prosciutto and some other meats I can't pronounce, an assortment of crackers, fruit, wine and dessert. And of course I grabbed a bunch of tulips on the way out. Who doesn't love fresh flowers?



{the meats}
I loved the assortment I picked up. Now, will I be able to remember what they are for our next wine/cheese night? Probably not. But it was good! One was like a big pepperoni, but with a much more distinguished name, of course.

{mmm, brie, how I love thee}
Seriously, slap some of this deliciousness on a cracker and follow it up with a couple of grapes and you have a heavenly explosion happening in your mouth. A doesn't like brie, so that leaves more for moi!

{the vino}

{dessert 1 - raspberry mousse with chocolate filling}

{dessert 2 - best chocolate on chocolate cupcake ever tasted}

{dessert 3 - white chocolate/chocolate mousse cake -
yes we had 3! I couldn't decide....}

Now wipe that drool off your computer screen and go have a wine/cheese night of your own. You won't be disappointed, believe me! Oh and you know my comment above about being able to duplicate this for half the price of the wine bars? Yeeaaah, notsomuch. It was just as much as the wine bar, but we have had 2 meals out of it and I did get those lovely tulips which we did not receive at said wine bar, so it's totally worth it.


Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.)  – (August 5, 2009 at 11:56 AM)  

Yum, I def was drooling. Such a cute idea. I am going to copy it!! Thanks!

The Rest is Still Unwritten  – (August 5, 2009 at 12:06 PM)  

Oh my goodness! that looks amazing and I'm totally jealous I wasn't invited! I'll definitely have to do the same when I finally get into my house!

CTB  – (August 5, 2009 at 12:10 PM)  

This looks absolutely fabulous!

Courtney  – (August 5, 2009 at 12:27 PM)  

This looks so good! I'm a new reader to your blog but just love it. I also live out in the same 'burb as you - and Hubbell and Hudson is one of my faves! Its so fun to go in there but can be very dangerous $$$! Have you tried the bistro? YUM! Looks like you all had a great wine night at home!

Lucky in Love  – (August 5, 2009 at 12:31 PM)  

What a fun idea! Everything look so delicious!!

Preppy Girl Meets World  – (August 5, 2009 at 12:51 PM)  

Everything looks amazing. This combines three of my favorite things- wine, cheese, and dessert!

Megan  – (August 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM)  

YUM! That cheese and meat looks so good! I'm not a wine person, I have never tasted a wine I like (I know, I know, so bad). But I could defnitely go for the cheese!

d.a.r.  – (August 5, 2009 at 2:05 PM)  

Ooooh sounds like such a fun night!! I am really allergic to wine, so we would probably turn the experience into beer tasting. So classy, I know!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect...  – (August 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM)  

I love this idea! I'm going to be a copycat and steal this one for a night with some friends :-) And those desserts?! Oh my gosh - YUM!!!

Sole Matters  – (August 5, 2009 at 2:30 PM)  

thanks, i am TOTALLY drooling! raspberry mousse with chocolate filling? DELISH!!! i am def. going to try this..

Naturally Caffeinated Family  – (August 5, 2009 at 3:24 PM)  

I love it!!! We used to do this before we had our little ones (or when I wasn't pregnant=))! I loved to surprise Hubby with a stacked yummy platter and wine when he got home. So fun!

Mrs.Shu  – (August 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM)  

OMG....that looks to die for! What a great idea...now if only my hubs liked wine!!

Hailey HRH  – (August 5, 2009 at 4:33 PM)  

wow that looks amazing! i dont think a restaurant could do better than that!

Madison Sanders  – (August 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM)  

Those platters look yummy!

One chocolate cupcake and a slice of white chocolate/chocolate mousse cake to go please. :)

KAC  – (August 5, 2009 at 5:31 PM)  

Yum!! My family totally does that in the summer when its so hot and no one feels like cooking...wow I just got so hungry!!

In This Wonderful Life  – (August 5, 2009 at 5:46 PM)  

these look SOOOO yummie! I love having fresh flowers :)

Chic Runner  – (August 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM)  

WOW. I have nothing to say besides that. All that stuff looks like it is right up my alley... where was my invite! :) Sheesh that cheese... mmmmmm my one true love. ha ha!

Lauren  – (August 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM)  

Mmmm you two had quite a feast! Can I come next time?!?

Tara Gibson  – (August 6, 2009 at 1:10 PM)  

what a fun party! those desserts look delish!

it is everlasting  – (August 10, 2009 at 4:07 PM)  

Ummm delicious!! I love cheese, so much. Le sigh... We took 4 specialty cheeses on vacay with us and not one made it to the end of the trip. Your spread looks pretty delish and now all I want is a huge hunk of cheddar. :)

Kari Beth  – (August 11, 2009 at 8:30 AM)  

yummy! my stomach is growling reading this post :)

Lindsey  – (August 11, 2009 at 12:02 PM)  

Nothing like some cheese and wine!! yummy! and those deserts looked divine! Okay, now I'm hungry . . .

Hailey HRH  – (August 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM)  

i love your new background. and can i tell you that i love you!?! haha - you are so sweet. i have been working out like a mad woman! i have been doing the workout i posted like 3 times a week on top of 5-7 miles of intervals in the treadmill 6 days a week. i have slacked off since thurs - but getting back on the horse tonight. i have found that if i work my arms out too much they start to look manly! so with running and a few pushups thats all i have really been doing for them!

Darci White  – (August 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM)  

Yummmmyyy!

I've never heard of Hubbell and Hudson - need to look into that!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP